Posts by jppk1

Tin seems to spawn most commonly at the diamond level, try looking there, and no, it's definitely the most common IC2 ore there is if you're mining for diamonds.

A jack of all trades is a master of none. Here is a Mark 1-O Perfect Breeder. The empty slot is for single use heat management. Mine requires slightly less of the tedious to obtain parts, is several times more efficient, and is a set and forget, if at a safe temperature. For more precise info, follow the link above.

This is a lot cheaper and otherwise as good:http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…2tnmzlexgvlbxwwqjldg9729s

Thnks a lot, but those seems not that effective...
    If I pre-heat reactor and parts, and they are stable temp, can they be used repeatedly, or I'll have to repeat full process from the scratch for each pair/four of depleted cells?

They can be used repeatedly if there isn't any excess heat.
    For example, this is a very easy breeder. You should surround it with stone(so that it doesn't recieve water/air cooling) for the first cycle so that it heats up to roughly 9800 heat. For the second cycle, surround it with water, but make sure that the water source block is far enough not to evaporate. If you placed the water source block correctly It will then breed 8 depleted cells into 8 uranium cells per cycle, although you will have to replace the depleted cells every 5000 seconds when they have recharged. It can be ran for infinite cycles, but you will have to toss in a lava bucket inside every so often of just because it will cool down slightly every time the uranium and depleted cells are replaced.

Is there a tutorial for how to disable the generation of specific ores in these various mods? Is it in a config file somewhere? I hope this is not too annoying but I'd like a newbie friendly explanation for it, since I only want IC2 copper and tin when all the various 1.3 updates are done, and I know I'll be using IC2, RP2, forestry, and Railcraft.

Backup before if you already have a world in case you mess a config up!
    .minecraft/config/forestry/
    ->open the base.cfg
    Set the world.generate.copper=true and world.generate.tin=true at the bottom of the general section to world.generate.copper=false and world.generate.tin=false

.minecraft/redpower/
    ->open the redpower.cfg(preferably with wordpad, notepad may mess it up)
    Set the copper=1 and tin=1 in the generate subcategory to copper=0 and tin=0
    Done. RP and Forestry no longer generate tin and copper.
    Done.

The MFSU can only output 512EU and a single MV-transformer can only transform 512EU into lower voltage in a single tick(both 10240EU/second limit). The MFSU can recieve more energy per second than it can output. If you want to transform more you need more MFSU's and transformers.

Wonder what will happen to single-player only mods, like BTW (is that ssp only?) and others, like if you open up a lan with one installed, could friends join? Bound to be interesting.

All mods will have to be made SMP-compatible or they won't work with MC 1.3.1+

After some testing - it seems that reactor, indeed, use 29 t/seconds, but things get strange on short cycles and/or big EU/t fed into small storages.
    For example, even if reactor works less than second, it will consume uranium cells as it was run full second, but will produce less electricity.

The reactor produces 20 times the EU/t shown in the reactor planner in a second. For example, a reactor producing 120EU/t will produce 2400 EU in a second.

One thing I've discovered is that large water-mill plants, fed with water buckets by a compact RP2 deployer+retriever+filter setup can produce wicked amounts of power. I have one array under my house that produces 40 eu/t all day long; the large number of buckets necessary can get expensive but I only had to build 10 generators to get it working (2eu/t per watermill, each basic generator can be crafted into 2 watermills).

Who needs nuclear power when you have water power? :P

I'd just like to warn you that the automated watermills will start lagging your game out if you try to build anything that produces over 1000EU/t if you don't have a top-end computer.

Ooohhh, so that's why it's perfectly legal to distribute Minecraft.jar to anyone that wants a free copy, that makes so much sense, and while we're at it, why don't we just hack into IBM or Microsoft and take all of their code to freely distribute because, hey "They don't have full control" and it totally won't result in a legal shitstorm

Actually, that's not entirely the same thing. Microsoft and IBM sell their products for money(ofc). SirSengir distributes his mod for free. The only actual thing the technic makes are directly stealing from him are a) website traffic, and b) the work he has put into the coding on the mod.
    Mods are intellectual property of their respective authors, so that's false too.
    Please don't start a flamewar with false arguments.

Please refer to the threads first post and make another thread if you're not certain that the rector is very good.
    This is better and cheaper:http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…gbs6rybd7apwbag1ugedv3dq8