ages to build...because you need to hunt rare nether mobs...also
    turbines have consumable rotors wich require even more steel...hope that
    has been taken into account when deciding output(the fact that it eats
    up steel not just uranium anymore).
    It takes mid-game
    content(reactors) and turns it into end-game content, and the previous
    IC2 end-game content like teleporters and UU wich require the massive
    eu/t of the reactors become....what?
    the only good thing it would bring is the option to turn ic2 fuel (uranium) into bc power without the need for an addon (but you do need RC).
    Just my 2 cents on steam/nuclear.
    I'll go get more info on the RC steam now.

1: valid point...i should have read more carefully too
    2: invalid point...the reactor planner does not tell me the cost of lapiz
    3: first off...i explicitly explain how to avoid that worst case scenario by using pre damaged LZH.
    3.1 : you say my design will melt after 5 seconds without LZH...true...your so called safe CRCS melts in 4 seconds!
    3.2 : mine...6 , yours....4. Also my design has each LZH touching one cell...so all LZH deplete at the same rate...meaning you can use the above mentioned method to avoid that worst case scenario....your has one condensator touching 3 cells and the rest 1 cell each...so it's trickier if not even impossible to avoid 2 LZH depleting at the same time.

About the vents...don't use OC vents if you're not sure about your calculations but let me just say that they are better than reactor vents...
    4 reactor vents like in your design suck up 20 heat/s and take 4 slots...can run forever (if the hull doesn't melt)
    1 OC vent with 3 component vents suck 32 heat/s and also take 4 slots...can run for 2500 seconds before melting and need a 318 second cool down...in other words it can run (8/9)th of the time.
    2 OC vents with 2 component vents in a 2x2 area suck up 56 heat/s...need cooldown bla bla bla do the math if you're interested.
    but here's the real interesting one: 2 OC vents +3 component vents like here: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…kfz2qbjwriowhno3haqw6nk74
    this is awesome...64 cooling/s and can run for 2500 seconds before melting also for 8/9 of the time and takes just 5 slots that fit very nicely in a corner.
    you would need 13 reactor vents to get the same cooling
    and it will not melt in my design because it only needs to run slightly less than 8/9 of the time.

PS: nicely done...to be honest i spent about....2 minutes making that...so it's not really a big surprise that someone made a better one...it's so funny how you have to use the same pattern that was used for cooling cells in the old system...but now it's for quad uranium cells...it cracks me up.

PSS...agreed...but...i don't have timers...do you?...how do you shut it down? ....don't tell me you use a billion vanilla repeaters.
    Until RP2 comes out for 1.4.2 I don't see a way to do that.
    elaborate please
    PSSS...considering everything ( i'm not gonna write it it's way too long ) With timers shuting down the reactor to allow logi pipes to swap LZH...this: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…2qw66o0a9oec62v9t2ve71qm8
    is better than this: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…u26e47a4hkquio6n0ugjjho8w
    because all LZH deplete at the same rate and it would allow the timing to be better.
    with the "uneven LZH load" the timing would be a headache to design and all that stopping and starting the reactor would reduce it's effective eu/t to less than the "even LZH load" one....know what i mean?

Note to OP:
    sorry for all this posting ( I wouldn't say it's spam ) in your thread mate but this new system turned things upside down...
    it used to be like:
    reactors - interesting-complex, fun, dangerous, rewarding (mental) vs CASUC - booring, simple, rewarding (material)
    and now it's like:
    reactors - booring, simple (f-ing grid patterns), rewarding(material) vs CRCS - interesting-complex, fun, dangerous, rewarding(mental)

The one cell they are exposed to is a Quad cell. So while yes the Thick Neutron does last 4x longer than the normal one... the length of time is based upon a single cell. If you used the regular Neutron Reflectors, you'd have to replace them 4x over a single run.

Single Cell + Regular Neutron Reflector = 1 full run
    Single Cell + Thick Neutron Reflector = 4 full runs
    Dual Cell + Thick Neutron Reflector = 2 full runs
    Quad Cell + Thick Neutron Reflector = 1 full run

Hmm...missed that...thank you for telling me that....that makes running dual and quad cells allot more expensive resourcewise when you wanna run them at high eff....seems like in the long run you'd be better off investing those resources in breeders and just using the uranium in lower eff - single cell reactors.

Those zombies just have a lot more health/armor and deals 6 damage (hard/unarmored). Still easy since it is only one, if a horde of them could possibly spawn, then runaway or you are dead =D .

@Greg : Make Quantum/NanoSuit zombies/skeletons drop "damaged" parts of respective armor they wear, those needs to be repaired by player using lots of stuff, but less than making an armor from scratch. Possibly those armor dropped by mods are "upgraded" (enchanting), making players look for those [motivate mob hunting].

I have a grinder built around a zombie spawner....have seens zombies with gold iron and chain and even leather armor but i haven't seen any in bronze or nano...only natural ones can have nano?...or can the ones from spawner also have nano on?

And here's a bigger 6 chamber 1320 eu/t one that should in theory still work and still be safe provided it's started with condensators having different dmg values preferably evenly damaged at 9000 steps from 9000 to 99000.
    Still eff 6 :D
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…vo6uxn8gvzlxh6y9q66q1ux34

and an even bigger one with 12 cells for the really power hungry ones at 1440 EU/t:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…kfz2qbjwriowhno3haqw6nk74
    this one can work ( as in not explode ) with a 4 second swap time for the LZH....it has 64 /s cooling and makes 54.3 distributed heat/s in 1344 chunks of heat each time a LZH runs out so it would even work with 12 evenly damaged LZH but it would dump 16128 heat in 4 seconds in the hull once every 297.61 seconds...the hull can take it courtesy of the plating but i don't know if the the vents can take it without melting although if my calculations are correct they should.
    you can't really go bigger without compromising that 6 eff...and that's what I'm aiming for.

And if you're willing to compromise that 6 eff here's a monster for you:
    eff: 5.67
    output: 2720 eu/t ( uses 12 quad cells )
    LZH swap time: need a swap time of 2.3 seconds or less otherwise it will blow
    LZH damage distribution: needs to be started with pre-damaged LZHs at precise intervals otherwise it will blow (* will work with 6 LZH at 25k, 6 at 50k,
    6 at 75k and 6 full ones but don't take my word for it...do your own math...it's your base)

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…6465umf9fmsr2emiqubn951j4

And now for the daddy of new generation Casucs:
    Eff: 5.35
    output: 4280 eu/t
    How to operate:
    1: set up as shown
    2: set logistics pipes to swap used LZH for new ones*
    3: on a pipe attached to the reactor set up a BC gate to emit redstone signal when inventory full
    4: have faith in logistic pipes that it will pull instantly**
    5: have faith in BC that it will stop redstone signal instantly**
    6: take a step back...look at the pattern and try to figure out what it reminds you of :P
    * you could alt set up the pipes to extract ALMOST used LZH to be safer, but some LZH touch 4 cells, others just 3 and others just 2, so you need to calculate the damage values and set up multiple extraction patterns...and this only works if logistics pipes extract instantly...in fact the whole design only works if logi pipes extract instantly...and I think they do...once every 20 ticks...on the full second tick...so the question you have to ask yourself before operating this monster is: Does my computer do the IC calculations or the Logistic pipes calculations first on that faithfull tick???
    ** do not let yourself be fooled by the one piece of plating...it's there just to make it possible to use a BC gate trigger...the reactor can not operate for even a second without the LZH in place...it has no cooling it will blow.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…719m8qzk5oom8ybl96qi13vnk
    I'm such a noob...replace the plating with a thick neutron reflector for extra juice/eff.
    you get 5.43 eff and 4340 eu/t

OK...Lets clear the air a little...I see some genuine nuclear engineers have posted...but are wrong...I blame lack of experience with logistic pipes so I will explain now.
    Why my design has active cooling...vents and such...:
    In order to get that 6 eff rating i have just one lzh touching each quad-cell...now the reactor is always on...if you would have more carefully read the OP you would have noticed the nuclear facility described uses logistics pipes to automate the swapping of lzh...and logistics pipes...on a really short 2 pipe setup still take 2-3 seconds to do the swapping...it's just how they work...items travel through pipes at a speed and the fresh lzh is only sent 1 second after the empty one is extracted.
    So in those 2-3 seconds that the lzh slot is empty 336 heat is transfered to the hull...thus the cooling...to take care of that aprox 1k heat in the next interval so the thing won't blow up after a while.
    with a 3 second gap for switching LZH condensators 8064 heat is transfered to the hull every 297.61 seconds at a rate of 1008 every time a lzh runs out.
    those 4 OC vents provide 128 cooling/s...that is a little much but it's better to be safe than sorry...the plating is also just to be on the safer side of things...
    The OP did not have this problem in his setup as he has 2 condensators touching each cell so when one is pulled the other just takes double load.
    now...the numbers i was asking for:
    I want to know with my design how much EU is generated per uranium used after the lapiz cost is substracted...so just total eu generated in one run and the cost of the lapiz.
    @the bard.....it's not equivalent...you design blows up after 300 seconds.
    Sidenote...for my design to work a little more safely the initial LZH condesators that are used to start the reactor with would have to be already damaged...each with a different dmg in them...best case would be from 12500 to 100000 in 12500 steps...this would ensure a minimum heatload on the hull...if the reactor is started with 8 brand new condensators after 298 seconds the hull would get a instant load of 2688 * seconds it takes logistics pipes to swap.

the point of addons is to add in things that al would never agree to that lots of people want, we're not making al say no by posting our versions, because he would either:
    A) not include it because he knows there are several addons for it, or
    B) not include it because he doesn't like the idea (and this seems like something that he wouldn't like to me)

so you need to either put up with another addon or get a mod that disables the mods list if you really can't stand it

(p.s. I find it really strange when people want something badly enough that they would post in the suggestions part of the forum but refuse to get an addon for it simply because "they don't want another addon")

I was gonna say more but I give up...Let's have it your way:
    Would you please make an addon that:
    1: Is for MC 1.4.2 and IC2 1.108
    2: does not require fallencore
    3: checks if Ic2 is installed and if true does this: (uses the same code that the miner uses to put mined items in a nearby chest) makes recyclers take items (but not scrap) from a nearby chest and also place the scrap it makes into that chest. (i chose this way so you don't have to change the GUI of the machine and also because I think you can use the existing code from the miner)
    4: adds no extra blocks, items nor recipes.
    5***: If you're really kind and wanna go pro: add code that makes miners and pumps check the nearby chest that they put items in and refill themselves with mining pipe and empty cells respectively.
    Thank you.

I just find this whole "there's an addon that does that" atitude super f-ing annoying!
    I don't want another addon...have enough as it is...I have absolutely no pleasure in seeing 60 mods installed in the bottom left corner of my screen.
    As it stands right now in IC2 mass fabrication by usage of scrap is a purely theoretical idea....practically you would have to manually place a metric shit-ton of "insert block here" into recyclers one stack at a time....taking...i don't know...2-3 hours of standing in front of an array of 10 recyclers ...and that is not industrial...it's f-ing lame...
    I believe I posted this in the IC2 suggestion section...not the addon suggestion so please stop talking about addons.
    And how in the name of Tesla did some of you get from requesting 5 input slots for the recycler to EE?...my jaw dropped when I saw EE mentioned...seriously...WTF?
    This feature would probably take a dev 30-60 minutes to implement and would have 0 effect on balance and 100% effect on gameplay.
    And another thing...whenever someone requests a feature and them 5 other people post their twisted OP versions of that feature of course the devs will say no...you're mind-f-ing them into refusing.

I just realised I've never had Ic2 without BC installed...until now....no BC...no RP2...no automation mod to say so...
    I also realised how big of a pain in the arse recyclers are without an automation mod ( pipe mod to be more exact ).
    Manually feeding recyclers to get the scrap for the UU for the Q suit for instance Is an absolute Hell... realistically speaking your only option without an automation mod is to get UU without scrap...
    With this said I suggest that recyclers be given multiple input slots (5-6).
    what would it do?
    well...with an automation mod installed like BC or RP2 nothing noteworthy would happen...the recycler just holds more stuff to be recycled ( at the same speed and power cost)...and would probably be automated in the same way with either mod as it was before.
    And without an automation mod installed...with just IC2 for instance...recyclers could actually be used to get scrap for the massfab.

Zombies with quantum are vulnerable because they haven't been adapted to use specialarmor yet.

I don't understand the deal with negative-damage rubber boots - do they damage backwards? Hit the maximum and then start going backwards?

Well after taking some falls i looked to see how my boots were doing...to check if they were close to finished...and that's what I saw...no dmg bar and negative dmg value....and after i wore them some more and took more falls ...and the dmg value just keeps going down...it's kinda neat...it seems they're indestructible...

Would a rework of the addon section be hard to do?
    Would a addon section structured in minecraft versions be a good idea?

addons:
    pre 1.3 : (pre 1.3 and not 1.1 and 1.2 because the code base changed in 1.3)
    addons
    pending addons
    addon discution
    addons
    pending addons
    addon discution
    addons
    pending addons
    addon discution

I see he took my idea...even found a way to monetize better ( although that's a bit annoying...going through adfly for every single changelog)
    my bad...spoke too soon...posted that wile adfly was loading...it's a comasated one ...it's all good

what numbers?
    the cooling wont cool anything
    and you need to replace the LSZ about 33 times

all is included in the reaktor planner.
    just play a little bit more with it and you will know.

Just read the OP...then take a look at the scheme again and if you still don't get it...don't post again.
    And next time before you get all smug...think/look twice...because if you're wrong this happens and you loo like a jackass/noob.

well it's not really a choice considering how rare gold is and how common iron is....and with gold cables in recipes since (103 was it that made this change?) a few updates ago I'd rather spend the iron and save the gold
    the differences between my design and Rick's design are:
    (88 Iron + 30 tin) vs (18 copper + 26 gold + 12 redstone + 36 rubber)
    and to put that into perspective a bit on average in a chunck:
    7.5 gold
    84 iron

I also get the book every single time I enter the world....was running build 52...ill post later about 57 I just downloaded it.
    Oh and I have these mods + flat bed rock layer wich is a jar mod messing with aac and zy classes
    ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Shall we play a game?

Time: 10/28/12 3:57 AM
    Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)
    at hz.a(EntityTracker.java:202)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:653)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:585)
    at bcb.q(IntegratedServer.java:110)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:492)
    at fp.run(SourceFile:818)

Relevant Details:
    - Minecraft Version: 1.4.2
    - Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
    - Java Version: 1.7.0_07, Oracle Corporation
    - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    - Memory: 167319984 bytes (159 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    - JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    - AABB Pool Size: 8981 (502936 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 3287 (184072 bytes; 0 MB) used
    - FML: MCP v7.19 FML v4.2.6.422 Minecraft Forge 6.0.1.339 Optifine OptiFine_1.4.2_HD_U_A7 16 mods loaded, 16 mods active
    mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    mod_CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    mod_NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    mod_ReiMinimap [mod_ReiMinimap] ([1.4.2]ReiMinimap_v3.2_05.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    ComputerCraft [ComputerCraft] (ComputerCraft1.46.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    CCTurtle [ComputerCraft Turtles] (ComputerCraft1.46.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    EnderStorage [EnderStorage] (EnderStorage 1.2.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    IC2 [IndustrialCraft 2] (industrialcraft-2_1.108.52-lf.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    mod_InvTweaks [Inventory Tweaks] (InvTweaks-1.44-1.4.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    IronChest [Iron Chest] (ironchest-universal-4.2.1.127.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    Millenaire [Millénaire] (millenaire3.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    Mystcraft [Mystcraft] (mystcraft-uni-1.4.2-0.9.4.00.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    Railcraft [Railcraft] (Railcraft_6.7.0.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    TreeCapitator [TreeCapitator] (Treecapitator.FML.1.4.2.r01.Universal.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available
    - Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'
    - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    - Vec3 Pool Size: 1117 (62552 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 955 (53480 bytes; 0 MB) used
    - Player Count: 1 / 8; [ih['MaryuZ'/78, l='1.4.2 at last', x=-748.98, y=63.00, z=-41.11]]
    - World 1.4.2 at last Entities: 0 total; []
    - World 1.4.2 at last Players: 0 total; []
    - World 1.4.2 at last Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 0 Drop: 0
    - Type: Integrated Server

DO NOT USE THE JENKINS

Kind request from OvermindDL1 who is having problems with the jenkins being hammered.

Are you saying that Jenkins is getting a real DDOS ( real as in not simulated by an idiot hacker ) by all the users trying to get the latest forge/changelogs?
    That is cool !!! I've never heard of a site being taken down by people that are actually trying to get the content.....normally it's bad people trying to take the site down.
    It must be a really good sign for Forge.
    That moment when your download page is being DDOS -ed by people who are actually trying to get the content....Priceless.

I bet He would have less trouble with Jenkins if the changelogs would also be available on the http://files.minecraftforge.net/