Posts by mcmz4e

I don't plan to use the re-enriched cells as uranium fuel...i will centrifuge them to get Th and Pu and use the fuel in 15 4-chamber reactors running the Th neutral hybrid setup that's posted in the reactors post. That also saves me quite a bit of coal dust and allows me to take advantage of the current mechanics ( I am playing on a mindcrack server so we're on 1.4.7 ). I wanna do this build now before the pack updates to 1.5.1 so I can have some fun with these OP hybrids.
    Also at the beginning I will only run the breeder when running out of fuel...not always...in time as i get more reactors I'll prolly end up using it's full potential.
    I am fully aware of the U cost to run that beast but i plan to buy U from other players...not everyone uses reactors (lots of solarheads out there)...I myself was processing my U ore in the begining and selling the Pu for Ir to a neighbour that runs a similar setup but he runs a Th positive reactor so he would always need the extra Pu...main reason why I have stockpiles of U and Th cells which I'm burning through right now.
    Between the fact that the breeder can take 25 worker reactors on it's own and the fact that i also get U ore and Coal ore when i go mining which I then grind I think that I'll be able to get away with running the breeder just half the time with 15 workers.
    But then again...maybe I'll build more than 15 workers....and when the pack updates and hybrids are nerfed Ill use the breeder to get U cells and switch all the workers to single cell U setup which eats up 10 cells per cycle.
    Overall the 1800 copper will not be wasted even if i don't use it full time from the beginning.

I've been looking for the same thing....a 4 chamber safe reactor to just burn away at the stockpiles of nuclear fuel that GT causes (with GT you need to mine so much for Cr that everything else stockpiles while you're always out of rubies).
    I'm burning the thorium right now in 6 reactors set up like this:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…6muvgghry08jz5dl2ai859zb4
    if you mind the gold the component heat exchanger can be a simple heat exchanger as well.
    Later I plan burning the uranium in something like this:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…fgmcbehpxok9jxv9ef0d16134
    I like these designs because of how cheap they are so you can mass produce them....Once I get to 10-12 reactors I'll prolly invest in more components and automate them (haven't decided yet routers or advanced regulators)...probably with a breeder and something like this:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…mcj70pyvckxmime01bffpmg3k

I just though I'd post this maybe someone likes it:
    It's a reactor capable of cooling 504 heat and can be run with any cells you have.
    it was originally designed as a full Thorium reactor for high efficiency high output.
    It can be run in either one of these 3 configurations:
    Uranium:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…qxjtqqg9z0xmjg1sa6xq9bg8w
    Thorium:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…xnundcqnk61zzs3bql60c7j0g
    Plutonium:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…lfhp2r9k4boi701v1psvcphc0

All jokes aside this idea is far superior to a cable that runs in a box that has a wire on the other side....which will sadly prolly make it into at least an addon as soon as rp2 deploys a fleet of watt using machines/items.

1: I miss Alblaka...
    2: Title is there for attention.
    3: How this idea came into existence : I built a Submarine...made it half nuclear with nuclear torpedoes and missiles in the form of CC turtles that go out place nukes and fuse them...now I want to make it full nuclear.
    4: Facts: Eloraam is open to cross mod ideas...made a module for it...hell she's one of the creators of Forge. More Watt using machines are coming in the future.
    5: Idea time again:
    Block subject to change: Wind Mill
    Craft a single wind mill in a grid and get an Inverted wind mill (fart machine).
    They work exactly opposite to wind mills.
    -the more of them cramped together the more efficient they are
    -the lower they are in the world the better they are at making wind (lack of natural wind interfering)
    -they input a flat EU rate and output wind ( hence we say that this method of converting EU to Watts is flatulent)
    -the closer they are to a RP2 wind mill the better
    6: If you don't get the jokes...sorry for you.
    7: If you don't like this idea I will make a nuclear reactor to power my fart machines to power my RP2 wind mill that charges batteries that via ender chest power the motors on my frame submarine in which I will come and launch my turtles that will deploy nukes all over your house.
    HAYO

are you kidding or what?
    such options will ruin vanilla enchanting system, 6.4kk is less then MSFU, you can enchant fullset of tools\armor every day by sitting AFK at night.

RawCode I'm really sorry mate but I have to burst your bubble...this continuous fear of yours that this would ruin vanilla enchantments has no base whatsoever.
    Let me explain to you in short the Vanilla enchantment system.
    I have done the following in about 4 hours of gameplay:
    spawn, built a base in a pyramid, built some farms, found 5 diamonds, found a spawner, mined obsidian, built an enchtable ...about 1 hour
    found 2 cows, bred them and got 45 leather, got 15 bookshelves and using the xp I had got an fortune 3 iron pickaxe....about 1 hour
    built a mob grinder around the spawner(zombie), mined some more diamonds with my fortune 3 pick ( 2.2x return )...about 1 hour
    once you have what you need...you stay afk for 27 minutes and let the mobs build up, kill them and voilla lvl 45 wich gives you pretty awesome enchantments.
    I save my world and load the save file until I get what I want on my items (mainly because it would kill me to know I have a diamond chestplate somewhere in a chest not used because I don't care about the enchatments it has)
    So if you save load like I do and know how to use mob spawners you can get a full diamond set with top tier enchatments in 7 hours of gameplay.
    Vanilla is not as ridiculous as you might think....it's true hunting mobs at night is time consuming...but you don't have to do it....that's painfully inefficient and time consuming.

now back to my suggestion:
    Spoiler alert!!!

no matter how you implement it, but it will ruin vanilla enchanting.

nobody will hunt mobs for hours or build blazefarm, 99 solars + AFK for day == top enchanments.

Read the spoiler titled mechanics...and you will see why it doesn't ruin vanilla enchanting...
    and regarding your previous comment...no matter how you look at it ...science can't explain enchantments...because enchantments are a fantasy feature.

To all who mentioned nanites...nanites are a purely theoretical concept ...so right now ( and in the foreseeable future) replacing vanilla enchantments with nanites is like replacing black magic with white magic.

None of you have mentioned or given any feedback on the fact that this if it would become a feature would add an experimenting mechanic where the player get's to experiment and he is rewarded with knowledge and better tools/armor, nor on the little story that tries to integrate this feature into the IC2 world.

And just because I feel it needs to be said:
    This and the confirmed enchanting mechanic that uses nanites ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. (believe me or Read the mechanics spoiler and see why)

I'm not an electrical engineer, but I don't think that's how impurities in water work. Indeed, you may be thinking "makes you extra susceptible to electric damage", which sounds much more reasonable, if exceptionally useless.

I did actually make a mistake by saying immune...it should say less susceptible to electric damage...so instead of instant kill it can damage your for let's say 5 hearts.
    I happen to be an electrical engineer(undergraduate) ... having a nice conductive layer of sweat covering your body can actualy save your life in case of an accident ... when you're nice and clean the current flows through you and stops your heart, killing you.
    When you're covered in any sort of conductive layer the current passes over your skin causing you minor burns but you almost every time survive.

The book

Because of the nature of the content of this post I will format It into 4 sections:
    1: Summary containing the general idea and introduction.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2: Back-story (spoiler) containing the short story that comes along with the idea.
    WARNING!!! READING THIS ONE IS NOT RECOMMENDED, UNLESS YOU"RE A DEV AND
    NEED TO KNOW THIS, AS IT WILL RUIN THE GAME EXPERIENCE FOR YOU.

3: Mechanics (spoiler) containing the numbers and logic behind it.
    WARNING!!!READING THIS ONE IS NOT RECOMMENDED, UNLESS YOU"RE A DEV AND

4: Other relevant information
    Let's begin:
    1 Summary
    Enchanting has been around for a while now...so has IC2...but the 2 never touched...and because of the very nature of the two they probably never will...unless someone finds a RATIONAL way to make them work together...and I think I did...so here goes nothing.
    One new block is added to the game, a machine, an electrical enchantment table.
    Crafted like so:
    :Tesla Coil: :Rubber Log: :Tesla Coil:
    :LV-Transformer: :MFE-Transmitter: :HV-Transformer:
    with an enchantment table instead of the rubber log.
    When crafted also yields a written book that we'll get to in a moment.
    Can take HV and has a varying internal buffer of energy(10K - 10M).
    I apologize for this but I suck at graphics so I'll just describe the GUI:
    =>>One slot where you can place an item.
    =>>One power bar that shows how much charge the machine has in the form xxx/yyy where xxx is current charge and yyy maximum charge. just plain XXX/YYY numbers will do also if you want to be more in style with the rest of IC2.
    =>>+ and - buttons that when pressed increase or decrease the maximum charge that the machine can hold by 10KEU (a really important feature would be that if you keep the buttons pressed it rapidly changes values so changing from 10K to 10M can be done without having to click 1000 times)
    =>>One charge button.
    =>>One Start/Process/Infuse/Enchant/(call it whatever) button.
    Usage:
    1: Craft machine
    2: Read book
    3: Place machine and connect to power grid.
    4: Place item in slot
    5: Set charge
    6: Charge up
    7: Start process
    8: Take item out and see what enchantments it has
    9: Go to 4
    10: Keep track of your experiments and try to figure it out.
    That's it...that's all the Info a player would get about the new Enchanting feature of IC2.
    2 Back Story
    Special note to Alblaka: I know it doesn't compare to yours but tell me what you think.
    Now...the book...but before that a few words about the book:
    It is the "Personal/
    Research Journal" of a fictitious character I have created for this suggestion.
    His name is Andrei Tesla and he is the great-grandchild of Nikola Tesla.(Tesla didn't have any kids...he chose celibacy).
    After finishing Mojang HighSchool he attended the HayoCorp college of Industrial Sciences where he majored in Electrical Engineering.
    After graduating he obtained a research grant from HayoCorp and ...the rest is in the book.

The book is in the second post...10000 characters seems allot but apparently it's not

3 Mechanics

4 Other relevant stuff
    What it adds to the game?
    An Industrial enchanting mechanic HAYO!
    A challenge
    A fun little story
    A sink for extra EU (alternative to the massfab)
    A choice to the player...do you continue his research or just put the book in a chest?
    ---------------------------------------
    It needs:
    some formating of the book...it needs to fit in a 50 page 256 chars/page minecraft book...don't know if it fits now.
    change the numbers a bit so I can have fun experimenting too
    some artwork...I really suck at graphics...haven't even tried doing the GUI or the skin for the block.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By posting this I extend an invitation to the IC2 dev team to take this idea and implement it if they wish so.
    If they refuse I reserve the right to turn this into an Addon or incorporate into an existing addon to the one known as GregoriusT.
    If he then refuses the idea...It's open to anyone else willing to have a shot at it...I can't do it...Java kicks my ass.

One logical potion effect I can think of would be:
    salt+water=saline solution(the base for all other potions maybe)
    drinking it as it is gives you the effect "salty sweat" wich makes you immune to electric damage (lightning and tesla coils, if you're gonna have industrial warfare there has to be a way to bypass a tesla coil defense grid)
    salt could come from just cobble in an extractor(if it's gonna be the base of all potions/vaccines/steroids it should be rather cheap) and be just an item...no need for a new ore.

It really wouldn't add that much difficulty if you can craft 2 sticks into a firestarter. Hang around a fire to warm up, then put it out and set off again!

why are you talking about a firestarter?...flint and steel are part of vanilla and already exist....why add useless items?

Another way to look at uranium's power output is to consider that the maximum efficiency of a reactor is 7, and that you can get 8 uranium cells out of a single ingot if you have a breeder available (and it's not unreasonable to have one, if you're serious about nuclear). Thus, the maximum theoretical amount of power a single uranium ore can give you is 56,000,000 EU. I think 100kEU is about right for fuel. You could configure it, of course, if you really wanted to.

Not quite...eff 7 is a lie...the max eff is the same as before: 4 because reflectors and dual/quad-cells cost copper and tin...they actually decrease eff.
    the best i can make that can actually run a full cycle is eff 3.85

I also find EE's EMC system the best at comparing material value but I see the iron/gold ratio the other way around...EMC-wise gold is worth only 8 iron while WorldGen-wise gold is 11.xx times rarer than iron and you have to dig deeper for it so i would make gold worth 12 iron.
    I think your first proposal is better.
    On the subject of considering forestry when balancing yourself:
    Forestry is so fucked up:
    electrical engine outputs 2MJ/t for 6EU/t so it uses a 3/1 eu/mj ratio (from 2.5/1 to 3.77/1 if you consider upgrades) while at the same time one bucket of forestry's biomass wich is worth 50000 MJ in forestry's biogass-engine is only worth a mere 8000 EU in forestry's biogenerator...so that's using a 0.16/1 conversion ratio...that's just wrong.

Awesome. Thanks!
    I caught the enchanting bug from a certain dev that stars in a certain youtuber's LP :thumbup:
    While on the subject of enchanting...do scanners register mob spawners?...and for how much?

I want to know the enchantability value for bronze tools/armor.
    like in the table only for bronze:
    I know that the source for previous versions is available and I'm guessing it hasn't changed lately but even if I knew where to get it from I wouldn't know where to look for the numbers.

That's awesome to me. I've always wanted something to use BC Oil without using others transformers mods (because of exploit such as Lava MJ-Value, Redstone Engine used as a way of generating continuously EU ...) Your ratios are good :D

what exploits?
    lava mj value is 20000 MJ in an combustion engine...and lava eu value is 50000 eu in a geothermal generator....I don't know why so many people on this forum think it's 20000 eu per bucket...I think the wiki is wrong (maybe should update).
    If you have NEI-IC2 Burn plugin or lately just Mistaqurs NEI plugin it shows eu value for every fuel that can be burned in a IC2 generator...and it shows 50000 eu/lava....and I'm pretty sure he get's his data from source code.
    And redstone engines feeding transformers to get eu?...get real?...what a waste of space, resources(golden pipes) and Hardware(Lag)....cheap IC2 power can be obtained much easier using IC2's windmills.

edit: ON topic:
    Cool mod...I've been thinking about something like this myself but haven't had the nerves to post another suggestion on this forum...and It never occured to me that I could make it into an addon request.
    Regarding eu/mj conversion a 5/2 ratio based on coal in generators and steam engines is definitely broken...as it doesn't scale properly.
    If one takes into account that steam engines are very inefficient at turning the potential chemical energy into usable work , and generators are more efficient ...a 10/2 ratio would scale way better.The only one that gets hurt from this is the steam engine because it's inefficiency will be in the open.

engines are always on so you can use BC gates on the pipes that feed biomass set to emit redstone always
    also golden conductive pipes lose some energy over distance so use less of those and place transformers closer to engines and use more cable...more efficient.
    you can also use the wood in coke owens to get charcoal and use the creosote in biomass engines for 60000 mj per bucket at 4 mj/t
    those can be underground so it's on the same chunks and all you need is a bit of clay.