Question about cooling nuclear reactors...

• On MC 1.2.5, IC2 1.97b, I had a Nuclear Reactor with all 6 Chambers installed. I placed 2 Uranium Cells, 2 Heat Dispersers, and for one Heat Disperser, I added 4 Reactor Platings, and to all Platings, I added an additional 8 Cooling Cells. On the other Disperser, I only had 4 Cooling Cells. So in total, that's 18 cooling elements against 2 Uranium Cells. Yet, somehow... my reactor got overheated. I don't understand what I have to do to keep it cool besides dumping a stack of ice into the thing every minute. I know that all cooling elements store 10k heat units and the cooling cells cool down at a rate of 1 heat/tick while the plating cools down at a rate of 0.25 heat/tick (don't know about the disperser). Is it because all the cooling elements stored their maximum heat values and couldn't cool down faster than the uranium cells were producing heat?

If that's the case then how does anyone ever cool down reactors without ice/water... Cell for cell, a uranium cell will ALWAYS outproduce heat than a cooling cell will be able to absorb and get rid of.

• Can we haz screenshot?
    On another note I don't think that should overheat, but I'm not a Nuclear Engineer.

It actually maintained the heat level pretty steadily at a certain heat value. It didn't cool the reactor down completely but at least it didn't blow up sky high.
    So I guess I was just a bit impatient.

On another note, I have another question about the Miner block. Once the piping goes as far down as it can go, how do I bring the piping back up? Say, it mines all the orens within its vicinity and I place new ones around, but it can't mine the newly placed ones because the piping machine reached all the way down. Only way I can get it to mine those new ones again is if I destroy the pipes one by one all the way from below and restart the machine with new pipes.

• On another note, I have another question about the Miner block. Once the piping goes as far down as it can go, how do I bring the piping back up? Say, it mines all the orens within its vicinity and I place new ones around, but it can't mine the newly placed ones because the piping machine reached all the way down. Only way I can get it to mine those new ones again is if I destroy the pipes one by one all the way from below and restart the machine with new pipes.

once its fully mined out, take out any spare mining pipe, and place in some cobblestone or dirt into the pipe slot, make sure it still has some juice and it will pull up its pipe replacing with with the cobble/dirt the pipes blocks will go into the chest nearby

• once its fully mined out, take out any spare mining pipe, and place in some cobblestone or dirt into the pipe slot, make sure it still has some juice and it will pull up its pipe replacing with with the cobble/dirt the pipes blocks will go into the chest nearby

As an additional thing to his statement, the cobble and dirt are optional, it works just as well when you just pull out the mining drill, although if you don't put a block in, obviously nothing will be placed upon retraction

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l