Posts by hoho

RedPower is a special case. Eloraam dislikes people tampering with her mod.

Where could we apply to declare GT a special case as well so it could do things that others can't?

I don't know if Eloraam would grant you permission. I've talked to people of her inner circle, which say the RedPower recipes have balance as #1 concern.

Pretty much every single mod balances gameplay only concerning that same mod and ignoring everything else out there. GT finally does something about that and suddenly it's as if world is about to end

Also, block breakers are insanely OP. Once you have a bit of iron and a piece of redstone you can mine obsidian better than with diamond pick. Also, I'd say blockbreakers should require blutricity as well, not just redstone signal. They are miles off from balanced.

The config is completely meaningless. The default is how Greg chooses to present his mod. What's more, it says this: "I know how to balance your mod better than you do." Every time Greg alters a recipe, he says he's better than the original mod's creator. Whether or not this is intentional is irrelevant.

Again, GT balances mods to work well with each-other, show me what other mods do that?

Hmmm a small sun generator sounds like a good idea. Id do it!

Actually per unit of volume Sun gives off about as much energy as compost just sitting there slowly rotting away. Only reason why Sun gives off as much energy is that it's freakin' HUGE.

Quote from "Slowpoke101"

It was just meant to be a request to not have an option which would allow for a partial rebalance to part of Red Power 2.

I wonder what is the worst that could theoretically happen when GT does rebalance a few RP2 recipes. Can anyone give me hints?

Rather simple way to nerf both frames and turtles would be to choose to not use them or define rules for the server on how players should/shouldn't use them. As neither of those are directly connected to GT in a way IC2 is I don't really see the need for changing those things. Also, from what I've gathered at least frame machines aren't really all that cheap nor too trivial to set up well. At least nowhere near as simple as e.g quarry.

Back in 1.2.5 days I had EE2 installed and it was not hard to only use the "stick of mineral probing" from the mod and nothing else.

The "Orion Project" was no easy way to space,you would have to make such a stucture that would handle the blasts. it is "High tech".

That structure was basically called oil coating and it would have work quite well had they actually built it.

Now those shock absorbers is a whole different story but I think they wouldn't need to be built of too exotic stuff. It's just an engineering problem.

Lol, forestry is already OP in itself, no need to add any converter ... ^^. But, at 8EU/t, this is not what I would call OP ^^

... So it's worst than ... the regular one ? At least it makes the DrCeph addon useful ^^

So 100 000 EU ? See the Petroleum generator thread, I've already discussed about it with DrCeph ...

So your conclusion basically boils down to "your mod gives me less EU per unit of fuel, therefore it's bad"?

Though I wouldn't have minded seeing the fuel generator giving out higher EU than plain-old generator. Alternatively a way to boost the speed of the fuel generator would be a nice thing to have.

DrCeph already does a mod about that. Don't copy its own current feature please, I like his addon, I would like you not to kill its coming features by replacing the first one (following on the list are mostly concerning IC² refinnery). Except if you do something better than him ^^.

You can look at it from another angle as well and hope that DrCeph is the one that can one-up whatever Greg implementats. Either way it's win-win for end users :)

3. I didn't think there was that much EU loss over only 3 gold cables, your right though, I never actually checked to see how much loss i'm experiencing.

Copper cables start loosing EU when they are 5 long (4 is lossless). Double-insulated gold at 3 (2 lossless), HV loose at all lengths (but it's compensated by sendign 2048EU packets if you build your network right). Glass fibre and tin loose after 40 blocks.

You can extend all but HV cables to not ever loose EU by either putting batbox/MFE instead of a cable any time the cable would cause a loss. A bit cheaper alternative is to "upsample" the EU packet. E.g for copper you can add two LV transformers back-to-back. One getting EU from 32 EU line, upconverting it to 128 EU and that one connecting directly to another LV transformer that downconverts it back to 32 EU. If you want you can have two double-insulate gold cables between the transformers as well. With that kind of builds I've extended a 32 EU line to a hundred blocks or so :)

You could check if there's a pump, and water under the pump, and if so then remove the water and add it to the machine - of course, then the pump isn't really doing the work, you're just faking it.

considering Greg also has the infinite-water fix together with the main mod in this thread I would assume he isn't really interested in such a function that relies on having infinite water active.

Using V2.54b I think I found a tiny bug:
    Namely when I placed industrial grinder to the multiblock thingy but have it facing the wrong way it doesn't detect the casing. When I rotated it with a wrench it still doesn't. Only way to make it detect it is to break and re-place it facing the right direction.

Same thing happened with blast furnace, I don't yet have the other multiblock structures so I haven't tested those.

@People thinking IC2 recipes are too easy and "OP"
    You guys have played the mod a while, after playing anything for this long, what doesn't become easy and a sort of routine? Remember when you first picked up IC2, had no idea what you were doing, and just sort of progressed up the tech tree? Back during your first experience I can say with 99% certainty that nobody thought "wow this is OP" when they first reached UU-matter, or thought "that was way too easy" when they first crafted a diamond drill.

"People are clueless" is in no way an excuse for an OP mod.

Also, as has been pointed out all the recipe-modifications are in the config so this entire thing is a completely moot point. Pretty much the same thing can be said about nearly all other parts of the mod.

RichardG:

electric allocators: mods copy each-other's features all the time. Generally the newer the thing the better. At worst it gives end-users more ways to achieve a goal and is NOT a bad thing.
    electric block breaker because of bad computer: what? Seriously, how on Earth did you come up with that?
    automation tools: tons of mods do that already and people don't seem to mind about those
    capes: personally I couldn't care less about them
    talking trash: trash or pointing out obvious mistakes/flaws?
    recipe tampering: I call it gameplay balancing. As has been said numerous times vanilla-IC2 is stupidly OP. Not quite in the order of EE2 but pretty close

I get the feeling you are just afraid that GT gets better than the mod it's based on so instead of actually providing competition by improving vanilla-IC you try to stop "competition". That's exactly what I've been talking about whenever such bitching between mod authors comes up again. Though I must admit actively working against progress is on a whole new level.