Posts by thepowdertoy

*thepowdertoy starting to improve power backbone for GregTech factory*
    thepowdertoy: I wonder what happen to my 3 moon length spaceship... I already told Creeper and Enderman to park it in a stable orbit around a spambot planet, right pig?

Pig: ...

thepowdertoy: Well after the chaos OP debacle, I gave up on all of this spambot war. So, I'm back to the original way, punching wood, mining stuff underground and crafting things. And, I really started from scratch. From bare hand. I just now like at advanced grinder tech now. Now cow, let me kill you for my food

Cow: Mooo
    *thepowdertoy kills a cow and cook its meat in an induction furnace*
    *several space shuttles flies above thepowdertoy head*

thepowdertoy: Oh no please please PLEASE! Don't say Blaster Minecraftia Defense Grid has failed
    *checked hybrid plutonium thorium reactor fuel supply*

thepowdertoy: Well in case of my mining laser and nano saber is running out of energy I could just put them inside the ender pouch auto recharger

"I personally see no point to Gregtech. All I can see in game is recipe changes that make it really hard to tell how to craft stuff. The wiki is poorly written, further reducing the mod's value in my eyes."

GregTech, in my opinion is a really good mod. Don't misunderstand me, that quote is taken from a comment at Direwolf20 video that replied to a suggestion for Direwolf20 to use his dragon egg for energy. The only problem is, most people are kinda misinformed about GregTech and with the current state of this wiki, which is this: http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/ because it is more easily navigatable than IC2 wiki, is not helpful at all. So, if a hardcore GregTech player than continuously follows the GregTech thread (and GregT himself) can improve this wiki significantly and make it up to date, we could lower the entry barrier toward this good mod. The GregTech thread itself has grown to over 600 pages, making it really hard to navigate with all of the GregT changelog buried inside that >600 page

Use this wiki : http://gregtechcommunitywiki.wikispaces.com/ ~SpwnX

If you have soul shards, use it properly.
    You don't farm creepers from soul shards with a chainsaw. You use a CC melee turtle or a MFR mob grinder. Hell, you can do it vanilla and drop them down a shaft and collect the items at the bottom if you dont have either.

What I meant by farming creeper from soul shards: It should be farming creeper for soul shards

And nope, combining redstone and coal dust doesn't work

thepowdertoy: Creeper when I and spambot AI enter the dark reactor chamber connect the MFSU grid power out to reactor power in using superconductor cable

Creeper: But if I do that you and spambot can be fried to crisp!

thepowdertoy: Its alright. I have upgraded my modular armor to deflect dark energy
    *enters dark reactor core*

spambot AI: I don't know why do you put launcher manual override here. But, I do know that the entire ship contents is enough to destroy a mid size planet

thepowdertoy: Yes AI? As far as I know, this is my ship now.

spambot AI: But I am one of the designers of this ship. You don't know anything about this ship.

thepowdertoy: Ohh so that is you? This ship design sucks. For example, I have changed your inefficient thruster array to my A.G.H.A.N.I.M.S drive, and you ?know what? There is one manual override that you cannot lock. Creeper, do it now!
    *reactor started to run*
    Spambot AI: Oh no. If you do that both of us will be fried.
    *laser started to shoot*
    *spambot AI started to vaporize*

Spambot AI: NOOOOOOOO!!!!
    *thepowdertoy shield power drops to 90%*

Creeper: You are locked there, hang on AI is trying to shut down the reactor
    *thepowdertoy opens up launcher tube*
    *enters up auxilary launcher control*

thepowdertoy: Spambot, you are dead now.
    *launches all nuclear delivery vehicle*

This Spambots are annoying, especially since the new Spambot Thread kept any users away from the Offtopic and the reports-thread. *Remember Good Old Times when the Offtopic had serious RP's and was not devastated by an awefull new RP that is even too Godmode for me*

What spambot? The spambots wars?

Anyway, if Tekkit (or tekkit pack) includes thermal expansion and either ender chests, teleport pipe or tesseract, you can teleport lava to magmatic engine array that is located near your quarry site. If there is no thermal expansion, geothermal array and lapotron charge/discharger can feed power converters. I'm just currently suggesting non-nuclear solution... but if you going nuclear, a full Mark 1 reactor with no empty spaces could be used for easy automation, meaning no need for advanced regulator and the like

thepowdertoy: NOOOOOOOO why this should happen? :(

AI: Spambots are now converging at us!

thepowdertoy: Prepare all of our nuclear delivery vehicles! Power up A.T.N and that Bitterholz weapons! Activate lasers! Set shield to reflective mode
    *ships wide alert*

AI: Oh no I getting locked out from our ship weapons and thruster controls! I'm still trying to get control to our enviromental systems, and now its theirs
    *ships started to vent all its oxygen*

thepowdertoy: Everyone use your space suits
    *the ship started to move*

thepowdertoy: AI you haven't connected the nuclear delivery vehicle to this ship computer system right?

AI: No

thepowdertoy: That's good because the entire nuclear delivery vehicles can destroy Minecraftia. We need to override the entire launcher subsystem and reconfigure the launcher to launch all of our nuclear delivery vehicles to the spambot in dumb mode

Creeper: Where is it?

thepowdertoy: It is inside the dark energy reactor containment shield.

Spambot AI: Hi all of you. You are dead now. In 10 days we will launch all your weapons to Minecraftia. Remember we have taken your weapons systems and subsystems and locked the reactor controls out of you, with manual override disabled. No one of your allies can destroy this ship now
    *runs to the slipspace drive room*
    *plant C4 to it*

Spambot AI: If you destroy that drive, we will all be stranded here.
    *drive destroyed*

thepowdertoy: You forgot to hack one of my subsystems.

Spambot AI: What is it?

thepowdertoy: Launcher systems. It is airgapped so you cannot hack it from here. You will need to enter the reactor to gain access to that subsystem.

Creeper: Why do you tell him?

thepowdertoy: You need to unlock the reactor so both of us can go in there

thepowdertoy: Wait we can receive Blaster comm clearly and we can reply... OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO everyone get to the ship NOW! The spambots can and will triangulate our position now
    *spambot start moving to thepowdertoy location*
    thepowdertoy: Launching one nuclear delivery vehicle now!
    *spambots start to explodes*
    thepowdertoy: Alright call Creeper now

thepowdertoy: Creeper take us now

Creeper: Our dimensional sensors detect instabilities in slipspace

AI: How about blink drive?

Creeper: Blink dimension seems to be intact, but it will need 100+ hops to go to your location

AI: Creeper, do we have any endothermic missile?

Enderman: Most of it is busted

Creeper: Initiating blink drive at maximum distance with high rep rate... now
    *1 hour later*

Creeper: Oh no the blink drive is overloaded. Hang on there is a possibility that A.G.H.A.N.I.M.S thrusters can push us slightly above light speed
    *several minutes later*
    *the mothership arrives*

thepowdertoy: Alright we have all of our torpedoes with us, Enderman sitrep

Enderman: It seems a high energy ion disturbances created by an entity named chaos prevent us for using slipspace for FTL travel

thepowdertoy: Wait is that the same chaos?

Creeper: Yes

thepowdertoy: Creeper and Enderman replace some of the nuclear delivery vehicle torpedoes with endothermic missiles. AI and N.I.C.O.L.E, predict and calculate our safest chance for slipspace transition coordinate, maybe gravity will do the trick.

*arrives at the space station*

thepowdertoy: We need to override 32 nuclear delivery vehicle that each have 4 torpedoes

Bitterholz: How could this survive the tech bomb?

thepowdertoy: It doesn't! The main targeting computer is fried, and because this nuclear delivery vehicle is unpowered and inside a low tech copper shield, it is secured. That's why we need to manually target each delivery vehicle now. Here is your sonic screwdriver
    *30 minutes later*

thepowdertoy: Take 3 nuclear delivery vehicle to our battlecruiser
    *several minutes later*

thepowdertoy: Alright call Creeper and tell him to pick us here

AI: There is too many interference here and it increasing
    *several hundred spambots started to coming from a distance*

thepowdertoy: AI power down the battlecruiser NOW! Everyone don't move, I need to reconfigure a delivery vehicle so we can get past through that spambot

Creeper: So where is that torpedo now?

thepowdertoy: It is inside of a nuclear delivery vehicle in a space station

AI: We have arrived at the location

thepowdertoy: AI, program this ship to leave us to go to Minecraftia after I and you is on the ship

Bitterholz: Why?

thepowdertoy: It because we need to save this ship, and this is a very dangerous mission

Bitterholz: What is the mission?

thepowdertoy: We need to manually override the control at the space station to launch the torpedo to Hex321. You come with us, because you are our weapon engineer
    *several minutes later*

AI: The mothership has leave us to Minecraftia. Now we are alone here
    *the sample torpedo started to start itself*

thepowdertoy: Bitterholz what do you done to it?

Bitterholz: Nothing
    *thepowdertoy opens up torpedo access panel*

Access denied
    Access denied

thepowdertoy: Bitterholz use the manual override to open up shuttle bay door
    *shuttle bay door opened*
    *torpedo sucked out from the ship*

thepowdertoy: Get us out from here NOW!!

AI: Oh no it seems the torpedo is chasing us
    Warning solid state drive igniting in 5 second
    *enters slipspace*

thepowdertoy: We are safe here... Wait no no no NO!!!
    *suddenly exits slipspace*

AI: The torpedo has exploded disturbing the fabric of slipspace

thepowdertoy: AI, open up Project Explosive

Creeper: What is Project Explosive?

thepowdertoy: Here it is
    *shows up a torpedo*
    thepowdertoy: When we are like doing a long break in the First Spambot War, we are continually developing weapons and building like our second ship.
    *opens up the torpedo*
    thepowdertoy: This is this torpedo small dark energy reactor, using solid state dilithium diamond ruby crystal for regulating and containing dark energy reaction. It is much much much more efficient than our current open air force field dark energy reactor, like this reactor convert 99.99999999% dark energy into normal energy, but this ship reactor converts only 60%

Enderman: So why we are not using that in our main reactor?

thepowdertoy: Slight dislocation in the crystal structure could concentrate all the dark energy reaction products into that dislocation, destroying everything
    in ~2000000 blocks radius. Fortunately, the crystal self-strengthens under dark energy radiation bombardment

Bitterholz: So how do we make that crystal dislocate?

thepowdertoy: Large energy transient could make a small dislocation for a nanosecond, and it even enough to detonate. That's why we don't want to use this inside our ship, we couldn't just let our ship unintentionally self-destructs. But, it is extremely good for a torpedo, and this provides a lot of power for the propulsion system.

Creeper: How many is this torpedo?

thepowdertoy: 128 of them

thepowdertoy: Alright firing in 3...2...1
    *ship shudders*

thepowdertoy: It seems like a successful firing. AI, start analyzing energy sig of that blast and simulate it against ship this big

AI: Diverting computational power.... 99.9999% destruction

Creeper: There is 3 ship like this in the slipspace... ejecting now
    *3 3 moons long ship come out from slipspace*

--Transmission started--
    spambot: Your destruction is not tolerated. You will be destroyed.
    --Transmission ended--

thepowdertoy: Firing in 3...2...1
    *all ship destroyed*

Bitterholz: But... That gun is not designed for firing at cooldown!

thepowdertoy: MFFS reactor cooling shield

thepowdertoy: chaos there is some misunderstanding. He is not the hacker, he some just random engineer. The real hacker is The Drake of Fire, and he already stopped it. Anyway, since there is some misunderstanding between us and execbolts, he have give us all the aeonium we needed, so Bitterholz, do your magic

Bitterholz and chaos: Yes

thepowdertoy: ..... Anti tech field huh? AI, can you plot railgun firing system to fire a long harpoon to the asteroid?

AI: Seems good, but... I need some intel to how far the anti tech field extends

thepowdertoy: There must be other alternative... How about configuring A.T.N to destroy the anti tech field?

AI: Only if I know the emitter location

thepowdertoy: How about slipspace missile?

AI: If I can compensate for the inaccuracy I can theoretically destroy the emitter... but it still the same

thepowdertoy: Bitterholz do you have the sample of that aeonium?

Bitterholz: Yes *gives it to thepowdertoy*

thepowdertoy: AI scan the material structure see if we can make it from UU matter and particle accelerator

*several days later*

thepowdertoy: Back to the mothership... AI, what is currently happening? Why you not yet jump to Hex5?

AI: I'm tracking the transmission...

thepowdertoy: That same transmission that Blaster and I received? Kill the antenna array NOW!

AI: Why? He want to talk to us

thepowdertoy: Create a virtual machine and connect backup antenna array to it. I don't want to take chances the psycho hack our ship

AI: Completed

thepowdertoy: Open up transmission channel