Posts by Frantic Fanatic

If you altered them via ID Resolver, you do have to go into the actual config. for this add-on and give those numbers ID Resolve assigned to blocks/items.. Because (unfortunately) ID resolve won't alter text based config.s, and That's where the add-on pulls its slot ID dedications from...

I do not use ID Resolver. If I run into a problem, I either remove the mod zip or roll back to my last Minecraft.jar, depending on how I installed it, and then look through TMI's list for openings I can manually assign the new blocks to.

It might be slightly archaic, but at least I know what is going on, and it prevents fragmentation of mod items.

You are able to explode the tops of (I believe it was a nuclear) missile by using an IC2 dynamite placed next to the missile body and acquire a glitched block that will crash the game when interacted with after being placed on anything other then a missile body.

Additionally, the mod did not properly load until I changed some conflicting block IDs. (From 20* to 21*) Is there some sort of block ID conflict check happening?

Metal Ladders would be redundant when you place it next to a stacked metal fence + Magnetizer (Which quickly pulls you up the pole when you're wearing metal boots.)

A glass door is interesting, though is this a purely cosmetic difference, or would there be something special with the door?

In regards to a long-term solution to this 'problem', I feel that I can safely assume that either a new Forge API hook or a base class modification would be needed if we wish to be able to choose whether a new set of armor or tool would be able to be enchanted with the vanilla system.

Once that is accomplished, it would be fair to say, in my opinion, that any IC armor or tool that runs on electricity would be unable to be enchanted, owing to the nature of magical forces disrupting electromagnetic fields. (Add technobabble as required)

If we are going to make a separate 'upgrade' tree for electricity using items (I do like that idea), what attributes would we use to enhance these items? Longer battery life? Speed upgrades?

I do not presume or assume anything - it's clear that you don't mind the changes IC has wrought, by virtue of the fact that you use it. You do use it, right? If I'm assuming anything, it's that you wouldn't be weighing an opinion on a mod you don't use.

I don't think you're attacking anyone - I simply feel that your concern is unfounded, because changing the game is what mods do. Some of them (even the best ones) completely remove or otherwise gate out "vanilla" content. It may be ""unheard of" in Minecraft to date, but it's nothing new to gaming.

I don't "hate" Notch for the changes he's made. In fact, I don't mind the new features at all. I simply feel that enchanting and potions are inconsistent with the theme of IndustrialCraft. I thought I'd makde that clear enough in my preceding posts. If I were playing "vanilla" Minecraft, I'd welcome the changes. The fact that I am here and playing IC should explain why I'd prefer to opt out.

To clarify:
    IC does not force me to use any of its items. But this proposed change would force me to forgo enchantments. There is a huge difference.

I can't speak for anyone but myself but yes, I have nothing but contempt for notch.

I think the basic concepts of minecraft are very cool, but I despise the fantasy/medeval theme. On the other hand, I love the sci-fi theme. But either way I dont see how those two genres mix.

Im obviously biased though. If not for the mods I would not play minecraft at all.

Hrm. I myself was always a fan of magic VS technology, I think that was why I was a fan of the Engineering Profession and Tinkers in the Warcraft series. But then again, there is such a think as Magitek. (In fiction, obviously.) In fact, I still do have an idea in my head about a possible mod or gameplay rule for a server, in which a player would be locked into using either technology/modern tools or magic/fantasy.

No need to bash on the creator if he does not share your views on how the game should play, though. We wouldn't be here if he did not write the game. o.o

That's why this is a Modification. By definition, it changes the way the basic game works. The mod already disables a lot of vanilla "content", but you don't mind that because it does so in ways you desire.
    With this mod, you can overcome drowning, hunger, gravity... I'm not sure why the objection to removing enchantments and/or potions should be any different - especially considering that there will likely be more thematic alternatives.

Please do not presume that I mind or do not mind anything.

I also do not understand your statement, or at least your examples. Hunger, drowning, and gravity are still in the game, they are only 'disabled', to use your words, when wearing what is essentially end-game armor, or specialized items that prevent you from wearing real armor. What Al was proposing to do was completely disable an aspect of the game from the word go, just because it conflicts with items you may or may not use in the game.

Please do not assume I am here to attack Al. I am just here to express concern with that line of thinking.

I am rather intrigued, on the other hand, with the rather dim outlook on the enchanting feature expressed in this thread. Do people here hate Notch for modifying his game?

I'm temporaryly disabling content that could probably cause a wide array of crashes and less serious issues. ^^
    Probably should (if done) a config toggle. But it must be possible to disable those things, otherwise griefers could, f.e., cause intentional crashes or corrupted items.

Temporarily? ..... Eh. Understandable, but I did not realize there was a rush to update to the newest version so quickly, especially considering there will most likely be a bugfix release. Or will this... problem take a long time to overcome?

Nope, not exactly.
    The idea would be to assign a new value to the static "Block enchantmentTable" variable. It's kinda like relinking the ID to something new one.
    In worst case it will delete all special attributes associated with those blocks (do they even have a specific data storage?).

At least in theory.

And if it doesn't work, i will just burn them with fire.

I am rather frightened that you are considering disabling vanilla content just because it does not fit the theme of Industrial Craft.

Single Player > Create New World

<.<

Macerator, Extractor, Generator is pretty much the minimum machinery to not 'waste' any resources. My second priority would be to acquire a drill. I usually stick with a simple generator for a long time, because trees are able to be replanted and Charcoal is cheap, and so are a bank of vanilla furnaces.

The reason for energy loss may stem from the fact that running energy through any amount of HV cable will cause energy loss. HV cable is actually most efficent at transmitting Extreme Voltage (2048), and if you have the resources, you should use glass fibre cables instead, or else use EV.

Transformers, when upconverting, store four packets of the lower voltage before transmitting one packet of the higher voltage. This is why the energy levels are set out as they are (32, 128, 512, 2048)

the suits are used so you dont breathe radioactive dust and to be able wash away easily all radioactive dust which attach to you when you are in contamined area. also natural uranium is not that much active. that mean you dont get dangerous dose if you are close to uran. depleted uranium is used in anti-armor projectiles or even as radioactive shielding.

Acknowledged. Bio=Biological though, leading to a misleading thread title, since this has to do with radiation.

And you would still die anyways because you would need a lead-lined radiation suit.

(I believe it has been stated a few times on the forum that Al does not want radiation poisoning or any type of lingering radiation effect you would expect from a radioactive material.)

Edit: Already listed in the rejected list.

everyone wants this and no one cares go figure eh?

This is the most amazing statement I've heard all day. I literally stared at this statement for 10 minutes.

As for this suggestion, I am not a mind reader or a dev, but I am sure they wanted some sort of tradeoff for being virtually indestructible. Something tells me if the X6 battery pack recipe was re-implemented, this would be less of an issue.

Edit: Do not get me wrong, I like the idea, I just do not think it will be implemented.

The mining laser needs to recharge twice as fast if it is placed inside a MFSU.

Additionally, it needs improvements in terms of its aiming ability. I frequently find when I am using it that the time and energy required to either aim it correctly or to fix the mistakes I made because my shot went off target is more then if I simply just used a diamond drill.

Finally, I would suggest a mode that is able to create a man-sized hole (A 1 by 2 corridor) for quick and easy tunneling.

But please, do not say the mining laser is completely useless. It is quite useful as a mobile BBQ. Just shoot a pig 5 rounds rapid, and instant cooked ham.

The complex nature of this mod and the time required to build up the tech tree pretty much require a paid whitelist from the getgo.

That being said, the recipe represented looks much more like a Dirty Bomb (A conventional explosive laced with radioactive material) then any sort of proper nuke. A true nuke requires a precise reaction to explode properly. I'd like to see this current type of nuke's explosion being reduced by a factor of 4, and a new recipe drawn up that involves a few Advanced Circuits being thrown in (To help control the reaction)

We should totally do this. I think it was Forge that added the hook, but yeah, we can provide a whole list of crap to drop when a block's destroyed. I think it'd just feel right to have a couple pieces of fried electronics and half-burned wires laying around after a machine explodes. Especially if it was relative to the components that went into it. Maybe 70-90% or so of what went in, except in fried form, with salvage values of about half their non-friend counterparts.

Is there also a way to play a sound of an electric zap when it's incorrectly deconstructed? It might be overkill, but I do want to drive the point home that Something Bad (TM) happened.

Thank you for taking interest in this suggestion.

@ Ranakastrasz,

I'm not honestly sure if you can drop both a block and an item, but for some reason I think it is possible. I remember reading something about it on the minecraft forums.

Well, we know for a fact that blocks that contain items can drop their contents. So perhaps one can add Damaged Circuit to their contents list before they call the destruction routine.

Obviously, I am not a coder, and do not know how the destruction of blocks is handled.