Suggestion: Glass Doors and Metal Ladders

• I was looking at another mod with a modern theme and wondered why we don't have these in IC2? We can make carbon composite armor, but doors and ladders are still wood?

I think that a glass door could be made from 6 reinforced glass, in the same crafting pattern as other doors. As for a metal ladder, it could honestly be made of bronze, iron, or refined iron - but iron is probably the best choice. Because it's more costly than sticks and the only real difference in game is cosmetic, it should yield more sections for the ingots used to craft it (perhaps 8 each instead of 2?)

• I'd like to add the idea of just using glass panes to make a regular glass door, but it's centered in the block space, like fences and other glass panes.

• Metal Ladders would be redundant when you place it next to a stacked metal fence + Magnetizer (Which quickly pulls you up the pole when you're wearing metal boots.)

A glass door is interesting, though is this a purely cosmetic difference, or would there be something special with the door?

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• Metal Ladders would be redundant when you place it next to a stacked metal fence + Magnetizer (Which quickly pulls you up the pole when you're wearing metal boots.)

A glass door is interesting, though is this a purely cosmetic difference, or would there be something special with the door?

Depends if it is reinforced glass or not. If it is reinforced glass, I would expect it to be transparent, and as durable as a Reinforced door (unless alblaka reduced reinforced glass durability)

• I really would like a glass door, as long as we got it back after breaking it down.

Have yet to blow up any Reactor . It's only a matter of time, though. Actually, I may go for a CASUC design, but doubtful.
    "Are you sure this will work?"(My friends)
    "I have no idea! Let's do it anyways!"(Me.)

Generation 27 The first time you see this, put it in your signature and add 1 to the number. Call it a social science pyramid scheme.

The main difference with the door is that you can see through it. I suppose one could simply replace the texture for the wooden door, but it makes little sense to craft a glass door out of wood.

As for the magnetizer? I don't use it in most situations, because up is the only option. Again, the main difference in a metal ladder is cosmetic - but an alternate recipe that is sensible increases a player's options and improves the technological feel of the mod and internal consistency.

• Actually, I think I've figured out how to use a Magnetizer chute for up/down travel. it has to be 2 wide, though. Simply put a 3 deep pool at the bottom on one side, and put a Magnetizer+fences by the other side.

Have yet to blow up any Reactor . It's only a matter of time, though. Actually, I may go for a CASUC design, but doubtful.
    "Are you sure this will work?"(My friends)
    "I have no idea! Let's do it anyways!"(Me.)

Generation 27 The first time you see this, put it in your signature and add 1 to the number. Call it a social science pyramid scheme.