Posts by Elessar_Elanesse

Gee all this talk about having a star use iron as fuel... lol you know what neutron stars are made out of right? Iron... very, very highly condensed iron. It sometimes is what is left over after a super giant star goes super nova and blows itself up in a violent explosion. Of course there are only two results of a super nova happening, the core which has become so dense can't support the material around it so it either implodes and becomes a blackhole or it blows off all it's layers leaving behind it's core which becomes the neutron star.

Xycraft is out... well the world gen is... so... 8o good thing I haven't explored my world very much. Been staying quite near my house area and using mystcraft ages to mine in. Also... found a single iridium ore recently haha... it's hard to distingish it from Tin and Lead though you can, lead is a darker silvery color and iridium has a light blueish hue to it.

1) what kind of stupidity is that, letting machine run on MV but not on LV? seriously, this is lame, but this explains endless eating of energy.
    2) understood
    3) sometimes it eats materials than with CONSTANT MV goes to the middle of process thn reverts to beggining and goes up to middle of the process then reverts to the beginning and so on, not processing and not returning it. I m sure thats a bug

1. not stupid it's gregs choice and it makes sense, I mean look how much the thing is in materials.

@ 3 the constant eating of energy is because it's trying to get enough energy to process the ores. I am just going on a guess here but each run per ore requires 12800 eu to run. so it needs a constant supply of energy or it'll stall and not process the ores which is what you see happening when it gets somewhat through a process and just stop.

1 - There must be a continuous 128 EU/t ... so if you send 32 EU/t, then this start the process, and just after, break it back to start because not "continuous".
    2 - On all (?) GregTech device, matter are consumed at the begining of the process. You must complete it to have your result.

Solution : If you have less than 128EU/t. Send EU like you wich, but while not putting ore in it. When the device stop eating EU, it is that is internal EU storage is full. Then, shut off the EU. And put ore. You can make a few "process" with the internal EU storage before it stops. Yo uwill then don't loose any EU. You can made the same thing with a MFSU/MFE/Batbox.

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, good solution for it is to put a MFE under the thing, either hooked up directly or through a cable. Another solution would also be to use AESU in place of the MFE. AESU is superior since it has a HUGE amount of energy storage, much more than the MFE and you can also adjust the EU output, the draw back of course being that the unit is extremely expensive. In this case you probably only need 1 of them and just have cables run up to the machines.

Another solution is to have a MFSU with some MV-transformers

Small request being able to shift click cells into the proper slots in the machines would be great, at the moment like if I try to shift click a stack of water cells into the industrial grinder and there isn't any ores put in place in the grinding slot the cells go into that slot instead of the cell slot

NEI won't bring up the uses for the heat rings. I would expect them to go in the fusion reactor. Speaking of the reactor, what exactly do the coils do? Do the elements fuse in them, or is it where the heat comes from?

You might find this interesting since your asking about fusion reactor coils ;)

http://phys.org/news105962413.html

http://www.nextenergynews.com/…-energy-news9.12.08a.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokamak

pick your poison of technical information :p

hmmm planning planning... geez... trying to figure out a good reactor design with the new cells is difficult... almost always blow up on me in simulation... designs from the nuclear engineering section seems obsolete with these new cells in the mix lol...

check your power going to it, if it does not get the full 128EU/t it will act like your description. what might be happening is you are draining your storage (why it works fine at first), and your production is not keeping up (so it stops working after storage is empty)

Yep this was it. though I it cost me some more diamonds and redstone. both of which I'm low on atm lol... I made myself 4 MFE's to hook up to the blasted thing. I tried MV-transfomers but it wasn't working for some strange reason and stupid me for doing a very stupid thing... put a lever on it and had it the wrong direction... result... flip lever on and BOOOOOM! overload and bangs galore... had to rebuild a bit of my house as well as salvage what I could that got blow to bits.

Forgive me if I'm repeating something someone's already said but reading through 20 + pages of a thread isn't a fun prospect... :wacko:
    Got a industrial grinder set up, grinding ores down fine an all until they stacks get halfway done and the process grinds to a halt and stutters. It takes in another dust and water cell and the progress bar then just flickers near the beginning and doesn't move, it keeps flickering like it wants to move but doesn't. basically I lose 1 dust each/ore and a water cell and am forced to break the block to reset it. It's rather annoying seeing how a lot of the stuff to make more advanced stuff is made inside this machine. It seems to happen when the player closes the GUI and reopens it to check the progress.

Now I might be a bit behind and it could have been fixed already I just want confirmation since I just updated it and was wondering if something is amiss.

right gonna point this out.

Iridium spawns in really rare amounts as a single Oreblock. Rarity is
    configurable. Default IridiumProbability=20 ~1 ore every 5 chunks. If
    you somehow happen to find Platinium Dust (maybe from other Mods), then
    you can Centrifuge it to get its Iridium-Inpurities from it.

Best to be using a mod like metallurgy 2 that adds platinum ore or any other mod out there that adds platinum to the game. Grinding down platinum ore with the industrial grinder gives 1 iridium ;)

side note to greg... and this just my inner grammar nazi throwing a small hissy fit. You spelled platinum wrong, had an extra i in there when it wasn't needed :p

For 1 Hybrid solar panel need 8 Iridium ore OR 20 iridium ore for Matterfabricator. I play 1 week on my map, and find 0! iridium. You couldn't make more regeneration of iridium on the map?

Hmm... what hybrid solar panels? is this from another addon?

also why don't you tweak the config for iridium ore? The base amount is 20% but considering how large the world is and how large chunks are 20% is a low rate. You'd be better off managing to get iridium ore by using a quarry.

Well... I have a suggestion... rename this ubertech :D

joking aside this is an awesome addon for IC2, makes things more interesting and challenging. Tweaked the config so things aren't too hard but still difficult enough to present a good challenge for me. I've only scratched the surface of the mod but I like what I see happening :thumbup: probably will force me to go mineshaft hunting sooner or later haha. Now to get the new advanced materials together for a first nuclear reactor.