[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• yeah but you could at least explain how to solve problem I'm cursed because we both ...

quick and easy way to solve this... remove the addon files for NEI and REVERT to the previous version of NEI. I swear people need to really read. If you get a crash like that it's because of NEI HELL chickenbones has even stated in the OP post of his thread on the minecraft forums that it is bugged and everyone should revert to the previous version.

• Do you have any plans for adding the new electric mining tools you've added to the list of acceptable tools for the miner?
    Or, perhaps, adding your own version of the miner?

• quick and easy way to solve this... remove the addon files for NEI and REVERT to the previous version of NEI. I swear people need to really read. If you get a crash like that it's because of NEI HELL chickenbones has even stated in the OP post of his thread on the minecraft forums that it is bugged and everyone should revert to the previous version.

I understand ...
    So in summary I can not get the Addons IN if I installed?
    I do not think as many Modpack Gregtech IN and there are no problems D:

• Official Post

I understand ...
    So in summary I can not get the Addons IN if I installed?
    I do not think as many Modpack Gregtech IN and there are no problems D:

Please dont believe what everyone is saying. I know you use the 1.4.2-Version (and cant help you with old broken NEI), but these Guys here doesnt, as they dont read the Posts you made before.

I guess you need a working Version of NEI. As Chickenbones doesnt provide any link to older Versions, i would suggest to just grab a working Version, from someone else (as I personally removed my old 1.4.2-NEI from Hard Drive).

• Just remove the NEI addon files and NEI itself and revert to the previous build. The current one is bugged and won't allow you to load previously saved worlds or even start new ones. Simply downgrade and also don't forget to remove the NEI addon if you have it.

• Do a bit of research on the modpack. They do NOT add any mods without mod author's consent after the pack became public. Only thing you achieve with the blocker is pissing off the end users and they will be pissed about you, not Kakermix or Tekkit.

Yes, forestry silently wrecked the save file. GT simply refused to load the game. Out of those two evils not starting is obviously lesser.

This a bazillion times.

Definitely this'ing the this.

All Gregorius is doing is hurting the end user. Greg, stop being such a pussy and take it up in a mature manner with Kakermix.

• Dude, dont turn the thread into another tekkit v. us thread. DROP IT.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• All Gregorius is doing is hurting the end user. Greg, stop being such a pussy and take it up in a mature manner with Kakermix.

Greg is defending his work from people he does not want to deal with. Simple as that, as the creator of content, he could simply not release it to the public at all, would you prefer that? Greg is not hurting "the end user" if the intended audience does not include those that use that damn pack, and he is certainly not being a pussy by defending his work.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• the old version of NEI and other stuff of the same autor (for the lazy people (aqui esta el link =D )

the correct version of NEI (1.4.2.7 ) and CCC (0.6.8.1 )

that work fine

Dont blame the mods autors, for dont read a single post

the pC show F reactor with unnamed element (that is the Titanium) (appear with the last version )

• Great work Greg, gotta say since getting this addon mod its like a breath of fresh air into my minecraft game. Though this mod adds much more complexity and difficulty I like it extremely much, so thanks for making this addon :D

• Great work Greg, gotta say since getting this addon mod its like a breath of fresh air into my minecraft game. Though this mod adds much more complexity and difficulty I like it extremely much, so thanks for making this addon :D

Coudlnt say it better myself, exactly how I feel. Gregtech made me love minecraft again and I was getting bored of it.

Yesterday I was so happy, I legitimately made matter fabricator for the first time and at the same time finished making silicon plates and made my first legitimate MV-Solar!!

Thank you for your great work greg, love the mod :)

edit: If I could make a little suggestion.
    Platinum has six naturally occurring isotopes. It is one of the rarest elements in the Earth's crust and has an average abundance of approximately 5 μg/kg. It is the least reactive metal. It occurs in some nickel and copper ores along with some native deposits - taken straight from wikipedia

"Copper Ore" hint hint :)

• Greg is defending his work from people he does not want to deal with. Simple as that, as the creator of content, he could simply not release it to the public at all, would you prefer that? Greg is not hurting "the end user" if the intended audience does not include those that use that damn pack, and he is certainly not being a pussy by defending his work.

Not releasing it to the public is unrelated to allowing it in Tekkit.
    Greg is indeed hurting the end user - unfortunately for us, he has the right to hurt the end user.
    This did happen to me - the server I am playing on used to be a Tekkit server, and they didn't rename the folder it was in when they switched, so GregTech refused to load and the map had to be partially reset to generate new ores.

Also, why would Tekkit even want GregTech? They have easy-mode mods like EE, and GregTech is the complete opposite.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Not releasing it to the public is unrelated to allowing it in Tekkit.
    Greg is indeed hurting the end user - unfortunately for us, he has the right to hurt the end user.
    This did happen to me - the server I am playing on used to be a Tekkit server, and they didn't rename the folder it was in when they switched, so GregTech refused to load and the map had to be partially reset to generate new ores.

I think (not certain) that the method of detecting Tekkit has been updated since then, your case, while unfortunate, was a side effect of Greg simply not wanting to deal with Technic users, at all. Let's be honest here, a lot of the users are not stupid, but there are some that are, those ones sometimes come to this forum with trivial to fix "errors" or requests to downgrade mods to past Minecraft versions which make no sense to downgrade to, and suggestions with no logical sense or ease of implementation. Personally, it's Greg's choice, even though I agree with it, sometimes the end user does get hurt because of it, ultimately it was his decision to take potentially hurting a few end users over the potential of dealing with the part of the pack users that are annoyingly stupid/ignorant of the mods (I do in fact have friends that did not know the difference between core IC2 and your mod).

Also, why would Tekkit even want GregTech? They have easy-mode mods like EE, and GregTech is the complete opposite.

I'm pretty certain that Tekkit will have to update to 1.4.5 at some point(Google seems to think they did already, but their site seems to say differently) and in doing so, (assuming their site is correct) following the loss of EE, it's possible that they might try to grab a few more tech mods to bridge the gaps created by a lack of that mod, GregTech could be picked up somewhere along the line. However, your argument does make sense, as most of their user base sees nothing wrong with having a crapload of condensers and exploiting with EE (one of my friends that uses the pack insists on calling EE "mad science"), and therefore will probably not want a mod that makes things harder.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Hey Greg, may want to clean up your code a bit, your little DRM detection likes to go off even if the minecraft directory is renamed anything but FTB.

Code
    2012-11-26 18:33:31 [INFO] [STDERR] Hello, Gregorius Techneticies here,
    2012-11-26 18:33:31 [INFO] [STDERR] I see you obviously use Tekkit, but this Mod wont load, until Kakermix asks me PERSONALLY for the inclusion of my Mod. So bug HIM for it.
    2012-11-26 18:33:31 [INFO] [STDERR] P.S. I would've corrupted all your Savefiles like SirSengir, but i didnt for Publicity reasons.

Note that this was in the error log even when I was not using Technic/Tekkit. Good job, hope that the new license agreement has a bit included in it about making threats to Mojang's user base. ;)

• Hey Greg, may want to clean up your code a bit, your little DRM detection likes to go off even if the minecraft directory is renamed anything but FTB.

That is not how it works, at all. It works by checking the file path for mentions of tekkit, technic, Tekkit, or Technic, not for FTB, please check your facts before making wild accusations.

• I've seen that "hurting the end user" argument thrown around a bit, but people using it always seem to overlook that taking a mod author's hard work and then using it in the way they are trying to justify hurts the mod author, too. When they see their work being distributed without permission (or even specifically against their wishes, if they clearly stated on the download page that they did not want it included in a mod pack), it can hurt their motivation. Perhaps drive them to make bees into creepers, or even make them not want to develop mods anymore!

If you help the end users by giving them lazy access to someone's work, but the author quits one month later as a result, is the end user really better off, considering that mod, which was good enough for people to want, is no longer being maintained or updated? Worse, all of the end users who downloaded it manually, or got it through an author-approved source are now hurt as well...

Plus, even if it is designed to interact with Minecraft, a mod is still the unique creative output of its author(s), so I'm sure that, in some countries at least, it is protected by law, and redistributing their work contrary to their clear statement otherwise is therefore illegal (I am not a lawyer, and I do not know a thing about the laws of most countries. However, most mods these days include absolutely NO code from Minecraft, their source at most containing the MCP-generated fake names (the output of the mod source and MCP's recompile process may be a little bit more questionable), and many mods include a LOT of effort. I feel it is safe to assume that some, many, or even most countries have laws that protect their work).

• ^^^
    I'm pretty sure that most companies would be pretty angry with people who wrote malicious code into addons for their paid product. When I say it hurts the userbase, I mean it hurts Mojang's paying customers.

That is not how it works, at all. It works by checking the file path for mentions of tekkit, technic, Tekkit, or Technic, not for FTB, please check your facts before making wild accusations.

I like to keep my mechanical mods partitioned in a folder called technic, as in technical. How I have my MC installed should not be punished by a mod developer.