Posts by Viper8797

I've suggested this before already but here it is :
    Why toolboxes (and lunchbox?) are not like other "bags" which stores items and can be opened with a single rightclick?
    It would be much easier to deal with them if they were like that. So we could easily store all our agriculture/mining/building tools and maybe armor inside it.
    Lunchbox would be similar to toolbox but only accepts food items and health/regen potions.

The problem is that that would look too much like Forestry bags, which are OP.

Maybe something like a bag, but only allowing certain items inside would be best.

Lol. That explains all. Automation. Try to play PvP, where factories are kinda stpid, and you'll see the difference ^^. And at least, factories made out of mlti-bloc structure are less laggy than f***ing trap towers and such mobs exploit, don't you think ?

Yea... tough in a good PvP server, teams have hidden bases. I agree, IC2 needs more multiblocking, it would be awesome to say: MY NUCLEAR REACTOR IS READY! looking at a expensive multi block construction, other than a block...

Reminds me... once had a secret bunker in a server with a couple of friends... We had a "problem" with a enemy team and we used the ICBM mod :D . Needless to say, the world was full of holes...

Tough there was a protected area, a town with supermarkets and where you couldnt kill anyone or launch a explosive

But are GregTech and RailCraft laggy ?

Well, if you own a big server with tons of players operating massive factories with tons of machines, yes it its.

And i can confirm it does cause a perceivable hit in old computers (My bro's computer is very modern... for 1990 :D (1.8GHZ single core CPU and a Intel integrated video...)

Tough, i would love more multiblocks and stuff like that. A lot of mods are surpassing IC2 because of lack of development in that aspect.

I thought again about that and ... I come up with an Idea:
    The main problem mentionned by Devs for cross breeding mobs is the fact mobs are laggy. That's why I thought: why no making a multi block structure, that would "suck" mobs from a door (and could also give some mobs back if you really want so), would need Wheat to run, + EU and maybe something else, but would also turn mobs into items like into a GUI (or not, it could just simply be a mob counter, but that would avoid crossbreeding and just allow [nothing here]-breeding). The GUI would makes you able to cross breeds mobs you want (just put 2 mobs into the same enclosure, and Tadaa, you'll maybe got an awesome baby animal!), but it would just be like items in a nuclear reactor.

Another feature would be makings it to generate EU (but costing Wheat, and why not a special thing that cannot be harvest by Forestry, toi makes it boring to maintain ^^) by using ... some awesome ... FECAL MATTER! Process it with any machines, and you could get Biofuel, or even Methane ! (GregTech here!).

Wow. Potato, are you high? :D This suggestion is soo weird.

Tough it sounds nice, you mentioned one word that will most likely stop this from happening. Multi-Block. Sound's a bit hard to code and laggy aswell...

But. Fecal Matter... do you get this ideas because you are a potato or just because you are french? :P

My word. Where to start?

1. It's called Sahara
    2. Where are these swamps supposed to be?
    3. There is no river on top of the Himalaya
    4. Who the hell you think I asked first? Bing?

Thanks for your oh so helpful comment.

1- You got that one right, typo.
    2- Africa has swamps do you know... a big problem in the majority of terrain is the excess of humidity and vegetations, not all Africa is a desert.
    3- Where did i say that there was a river on the Himalayas? i said swim trough the indian ocean, not Himalayas river...
    4-This comment wasn't meant to be offensive. It was a humorous way to say google it.

Why did you got so buthurt?

This + greg tech + industrium conflict lazer turrets = Star Treck/wars

Seriously I cant wait to show up in a imperial destroyer while singing along the empire song. DA da da dum da da da da da dum! DIE YOU REBELS!

Tough lag could be a issue... but for someone with a 500€ customized pc with 8 GB of ram and 3.1 Ghz of processor it would be a minor issue :D

Why on earth would you prefer to use refined iron in recipes when iron is super common? Unless it gave you benefits, it sound s huge loss of time for the devs.

well, do you know any tutorials for industrial craft addons then? Or is it just like any other forge mod? Maybe I can find some time to figure things out...

My knowledge of coding is equal to the amount of fucks that I give about facebook relationships (0 if you are wondering)

Tough, let me tell you a secret. You must cross the Saara desert, travel trough the African swamps and swim trough the indian ocean. Then you must climb the Himalayas and on the very top, you will find a hidden valley. Look for the temple by the river, and the men inside will lead you to the holy land of Google.

One way to handle safes that could be used by multiple people may just be a 4 digit combo lock. Enter correct numbers, gain access. Enter wrong numbers; out comes anthrax. The toxic bacteria, not the band.

i dont think that is very good, at least the anthrax, people would miss combos on purpose to spawn a deadly bacteria in your basement ^^

I'm against because I won't be killed for EU! ^^
    Seriously, it's kinda strange, but it would seems fun as a "secret" recipe for SU-battery ^^.

Maybe we should have a Mat-Potato Battery ? :D (only speaks French).

One thing i realized i would love to happen. Mat getting killed by a Tesla coil. I guess he became (puts on sunglasses) A French Fry! YEAAAAAAAAA

I support the idea of allowing users to access the safe, it would be real useful, tough it could be a little difficult to code, i have hope in IC2 team.

Pipes and safes? I didn't even realized it wasn't possible (if it actually is I will be in a bad position...).

Increased Inventory... maybe. Not sure, could become OP.

As I said I have no idea about scripting these things... So if this isn't gonna get into industrial craft itself I might be interested in doing an addon myself and maybe use some pre made codes n stuff. Cause theres no dishonor for me to ask somebody for help who is already experienced in it...

Sure, i agree. there is no problem on asking for help. But using pre-made code, or copying it, is more of shame because you are fooling yourself about your skills.

Like said in the past "Learn with the masters, and surpass them". If you do this, fine, i would love it! But dont copy code or find pre-made code online. Google Tutorials, start with small scripts and grow. That's how big moders like Big Al, Elo, SpaceToad and many others started, from below.

Thats why i don't like reactors when you don't have failsafe like Nuclear Control. Actually even if i do i wouldn't use as uranium is not (normally) renewable and wind generates energy indefinetely.
    [Forestry Extra bees and EE³ make uranium renewable]

We actually add Nuclear control and some good protection systems! Problem is, most of the left wing of the power plant blew up before the systems kicked in, and the explosion reached our nuke storage (never understood why we had that there anyway ?( ). Still, the explosion pretty much made a Cylindrical explosion till bedrock and almost killing everybody that gets in due to radioactivity :D

The only way I could think of to do something like this, is with Steve's Carts. If you put together a track around your base, you could put several carts that go around with mob and player detectors, and shooters on top. That way, you can get a "guard patrol" around your base, but be careful, it may shoot you too if you set it up wrong.

It should prove not that hard and possible to set waypoints for a bot to run at a steady rate i guess. And you could config them so that they wont shoot you.

Other mods (like Thaumcraft) use minions to help you/ fight for you without causing lag or framerate dropage... Maybe we could use the codes from one of these mods, remodel them, retexture them, change the recipies and parts of the AI?

Wow. Just. Wow. You come into industrialcraft forum suggesting to rip the code from other mods in a cheap and bad way. 8|

Ill show you the exit, follow me sir.

It's okay, I know what to do! I'll cover my island with solar panels!

...Why are you looking at me like that

Just remember, solar panels are expensive if you use greg-tech :D .

In a server, me and a couple of dudes built a "Suppa Duppa Moderfucking Power Station" (that is what we wrote at the entrance). A combination of automation, nuclear, fusion reactors, solar panels, wind and water mills, a bunch of geo-gen and backup generators created so much power that we became energy give aways on the server.

Till my buddy failed a calculus, mistaking a uranium cell, by a double uranium cell wich triggered a couple of explosions ending up with a big hole on the ground. :P

All i want, is Badass Exosqueleton robots, like from Avatar. Huge machine increasing strength with a machine-gun in a hand a canon in the other. Gimme that and i will be happy taking over the world and proceeding to torture very living creature maintaining peace keeping operations around my compound.

Some sort of Automated robots would be nice looking too. Like Taumcraft 3 automated creatures thingy, but more industrial. We could combine them with Industrium conflict, assigning robot soldiers to patrol duty or to attack something (a simple get there and kill command). or stay by the basics and have them mining and carrying stuff.

But, as in IC we shoot down everything that can cause lag, even before it takes off, i guess this will never happen. Just for recorb, i believe that, while some things are justified, IC2 could have more content if we were willing to sacrifice 1fps each 50 multi block machines