Posts by daedroug

Eloraam has essentially said that there is no way to make other mods have redpower covers without making them require redpower core and suffice to say I doubt that's something the IC2 team is interested in doing. That being said, eloraam has said she'd be making a Bluetricity<--->EU converter so that you can use her power cables to move power which you can subsequently use covers on.

First off I'd just like to say that I get why cells aren't reusable and I get that you get a bunch of cells from each recipe.

Now the idea here is to basically make cells semi reusable but still a depleting resource that takes time and energy to recycle used cells.

For starters we have 2 new items: tin scrap and tin slag

The tin scrap you get after using a cell, for recipes you always get a scrap back from each cell used however for machines there's a much lower chance with Lava generators having the lowest chance of return while less high heat machines like those used in fuel production have almost a 50-50 chance.

Then we have Tin slag which is gotten after you run tin scrap through a Recycler. The Recycler still has the same chance of successfully getting an output however in this case you don't lose tin slag on each failed cycle (unlike when you use things like dirt in it).

Then in the final stage of the recycling process you toss the tin slag into a furnace to cook it into a tin heap which can then be crafted with 4 of them into tin dust or can be crafted straight into a new Cell.

Edit: to be even more explicit: insert via the bottom (distribution pipes for an even split if you want), power out the back and pull empty buckets out the front. whamo, one geo generator line.

Just because there is a addon out there for BC that makes it possible does not discount the need for a change. Put simply with the way it's set up, barring some extraordinary method that doesn't use the standardized manner, it's not possible to pull buckets out as well as put them in. That means BuildCraft can't do it with out an odd constant feed setup that imho looks imprecise for what I'm looking for. Redpower can't do it, despite the fact that it also has a filter setup. Just because 1 addon can do it does not mean that it shouldn't be setup so that they all can. Especially with how simple a change it is.

Try the additional pipes addon. Namely the advanced wooden pipe. Should be able to pull out only empty buckets from the side.

Even with that setup it would be difficult to setup multiple inline generators and make it look nice, wheras if the back side could also access the bottom slot you could have the wooden pipe back there with the wooden engines above and below it and then wall in the generators.

I would love this but whoever does it if its a Mod creator or a dev please please add a unbreakable force field config. I know some people may want to have people xraying base up or going on top their force field and cutting holes through but I personally want to make the force field perm and strong that only way to get in is the own screws up. But maybe these powerful so this guy can't string 100's them all over the world it be pretty damn stationary.

Having a completely impenetrable field sounds kind of boring to me, more i would shoot for having a way in but it's difficult and expensive for both sides. For example have it so you can bombard the force fields with nukes and TNT but instead of knocking down the field it takes a spike of energy to rebuild, Thus if you have enough energy reserves it would take a good long while to knock down a field enough to get in and even then you could have back up generators to offset the loss.

The BuildCraft API isn't backwards-compatible between the stable 1.X branch and the newer 2.X branch, so we would be making IC2 incompatible with one or the other by adding this right now. I'd suggest implementing it as an Industrial Pipes addon, with special pipes (cobblestone+wire+cobblestone?) that provide hookups to IC2 machines. Then the addon could be released in 1.X and 2.X editions. (Doing that kind of split release with the entirety of IC2 would be a right pain, so I'm discounting that possibility.)

With buildcraft 2.2.5 Spacetoad has declared it stable and discontinued the original 1.X line. Thus I'd say it's time to stop worrying about compatibility with both versions.

If you use the IC2 mod together with Eloraam's RedPower mod (http://www.eloraam.com/) then there will be two kinds of copper/tin ores and bars, because the Item ID's differ. Could it be possible that you and Eloraam use the same ID's for copper and tin ores and bars? Would be pretty awesome :)

Just turn off redpower's generation of tin and copper in it's settings file and you can use IC's versions for both.

From http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=1887

Transferred from the IC2 titanpad: http://icpad.titanpad.com/4

New set of energy field blocks:

• Structural integrity field makes every block within range have significantly increased explosive resistance and be unmineable and will prevent building. Interfacing it with a computer can make it so that certain users can build there while others cannot.
    • New Forcefield for IC2, just lik the old bubble field in IC 1. Though it would be nice if when you start one up underwater it removed all of the water sources within it and replaced the after it is shut down again. As well linking it to a computer would make it so certain people can just walk right through.
    • Field wall generator. used by placeing 2 of them apart from eachother and attaching iron fences to define the height, field is then projected between any other fence attached to a field wall generator that is in a direct line. Fences can also be attached from the side to make force floors and ceilings. possible to make a box by placing 4 of them. Also possible to used them as cancelers for bubble fields to create openings in the bubble field.
    • Both of the Above field generators can then be upgraded (possibly with iridium?) to a covert field generator which uses more energy but can have a block placed into it to make the field look like that block.

Not True. You can insert items though the wooden pipe into the bottom of the GeoGen, with 2 Redstone engines attached to said pipe, pull out the empty buckets/not needed buckets faster than they can be input.

I ran this set up for a few minutes and never had a bucket drop out the bottom into the world.

Even with that setup it would be difficult to setup multiple inline generators and make it look nice, wheras if the back side could also access the bottom slot you could have the wooden pipe back there with the wooden engines above and below it and then wall in the generators.

I would love to see a mod that combines IC's wrench and cutter, RP's screwdriver, BC's wrench, and maybe even Minefactory's hammer along with any other ones i'm not thinking of into one handy tool.

Bonus points if you make it a Sonic Screwdriver ;)