Posts by daedroug

I see it as an Archos7o.

(Don't know what that is? Google it.)

I'd rather have an iPad but that's just me.

In all seriousness though i'd love to have the map table.

Ooh and you could combine it with the Teleporter coordinates card to have it display maps of farther away places or just to mark teleporter locations on maps.

I think the closest your going to get to this would be to wait for Ellorams power cables and IC power converter. As someone already said, to make IC cables cover compatible you'd need to make IC reliant on RedPower Core, which i really don't see happening.

In all of the above cases what you're effectively asking is for the mod to maintain an out of world data-storage space that it then uses to keep track of the data.

Actually that would be a rather neat solution to 'unloaded' parts of the grid. You'd have all of the electrical systems also stored inside of a real database and just use a simpler playback to determine what effects occur until things become 'inactive'.

I was more meaning something along the lines of (in sort of suedo code language)

When player goes through portal search within 1 block around portal for block:netherTransferer and cut it's contents. When player arrives through portal search within 1 block of portal for block:netherTransferer and paste it's contents in.

Obviously it's slightly more complicated then that however it aught to be doable. Worst comes to worst you could do something like putting an item into the players inventory with the meta data needed to paste in the inventory on the other side. after all I' pretty sure i've seen portable chests made before.

just use crystals/lapotrons for nether's sake. I think time would be wasted on this would be better spent on SMP bug fixes or improvement of BC<->IC link (as addon)

I don't know about you but I don't really feel like going back and forth with a ton Lapis crystals. let alone actually having the materials to craft enough crystals to be able to make it worth it to do so.

They should code it so that every chunck containing the energy swapping blocks will load, nether or overworld. Better yet create block specificly designed to load the chunk it is contained in and include it it the recipe. This would enable multichunk systems to load.

Except that to my understanding the Nether and Normal world don't stay loaded at the same time at all (at least in SSP). Going to one world unloads the other.

Oh nice addon then, I must have looked at it before those versions came out, while in that case i might actually use it now, I'd still prefer the setup to define the wall gen size rather then have an unnecessarily complicated gui. Likely though that's just personal preference

Well from the OP and some suggestions my idea was that the GPS would feature - waypoints, zoom in/out, shows a larger area, centered on player, shows XYZ coordinates without the F3 lagometer, draws 1 eu/s and will use batpack power (and to balance this a way to turn it on/off). But I am liking your idea of a holographic map table kind of thing, which would be more powerful.

Ok, I guess I could see an upgraded map thing as well with the coordinates, waypoints, and zoom though I think it should still only cover the same amount of area as the normal map that you then have to update at another map table once you leave that area. Honestly I guess I'm kinda against anything tat comes close to a full on minimap.

Personally what I'd like to see is not a merger but instead another prerquisite that adds all of the standard ores you can possibly think of, For example: copper, tin, zinc, tungsten, gems, uranium, etc. That way all of the mods can have theirs require it and do whatever they want with the ores so that then you don't have multiples of tin and such. I know Eloraam is working on an ore dictionary thing for Forge but this way just seems easier to me.

I understand what you mean that's sort of way I thought of a sattelite or relay dish kind of thing, just some sort of thing you have to make before you can go around with a supermap. Maybe there could be a placeable block and a GPS, you could use the placeable block to load different areas into the GPS, and I think it would definitely be a good balance that the portable GPS would not be able to have an entity tracker.

Out of curiousity what are you looking for in this GPS that the map doesn't already do?

http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=1292

Need more Time :D will include IC1 Forcefield Stuff and more....

Main issue I have with your addon is that you'd need one of those blocks for every row or column of a shield, the way I proposed it you would need 2 per wall and 4 for 4 walls with one at each corner.

I love the idea of the forcefield generator, maybe it could be connected to the holocraphic shield mentioned somewhere in the suggestions.

And I'd prevere Ironfence post to mark the corner, as I understood it you wanted the whole lenght but in my eyes that woul look awefull :)

I already included something like the holographic shield with the upgraded covert version.

And no, I actually meant the iron fence as lining any 2 sides so I imagine most people setting it up like this:

:Empty Cell: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Empty Cell:
    :Empty Cell: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Empty Cell:
    :Teleporter: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Teleporter:

:Teleporter: =Wall generator
    :Empty Cell: =Fence ontop of and extending up from generator
    :Force Field: =Shield
    :Intergrated Plating: =stone or any other normal material

Would I be correct in thinking that the *storage blocks* on your original side would, on going through the portal, have their energy values copied to the other side?

That's what i was thinking at first but then i thought of Multiplayer so i went with the energy moving or swapping between the two so you can't duplicate energy imbetween people going through the portal.