Posts by daedroug

There have been requests for this in the past however i recently thought of a way for it to work that might be easier to accomplish codedly. Essentially it would be made with any of the energy storage blocks, better the storage the more storage the transferer will have you then place one in one of the 4 corners that are unnecessary for a nether portal and another on the nether side and whenever you go through the portal it makes it so that whatever energy is in the first one goes into the one on the destination side. Yes this means that in order to get energy from your nether power plant you have to go there and back through the portal (not to mention that your power plant won't work while the nether is unloaded) but it would be alot more fluid then running back and forth with crystals.

On the other hand it would be much easier to start up a base in the nether since you could utilize your existing power structure in the real world.

I like your idea about using sensors for player and mob tracking though in my opinion one of the strong points of the GPS would be that you could use its functionality anywhere, without having to place down blocks. Though I guess the functionality you described of being able to manage a much larger area and print it onto different maps fulfils (sort of) the same functionality.

I mostly suggested it that way because some of the features you proposed would be kinda over powered in a mobile version imho.

I know about the issues that the old shields had. The structural integrity field is completely different and I imagine that wall generator wouldn't have as much of a problem using the old method. Really this idea is more assuming that they figure out a good relatively low impact way to do it.

Transferred from the IC2 titanpad: http://icpad.titanpad.com/4

New set of energy field blocks:

• Structural integrity field makes every block within range have significantly increased explosive resistance and be unmineable and will prevent building. Interfacing it with a computer can make it so that certain users can build there while others cannot.
    • New Forcefield for IC2, just lik the old bubble field in IC 1. Though it would be nice if when you start one up underwater it removed all of the water sources within it and replaced the after it is shut down again. As well linking it to a computer would make it so certain people can just walk right through.
    • Field wall generator. used by placeing 2 of them apart from eachother and attaching iron fences to define the height, field is then projected between any other fence attached to a field wall generator that is in a direct line. Fences can also be attached from the side to make force floors and ceilings. possible to make a box by placing 4 of them. Also possible to used them as cancelers for bubble fields to create openings in the bubble field.
    • Both of the Above field generators can then be upgraded (possibly with iridium?) to a covert field generator which uses more energy but can have a block placed into it to make the field look like that block.

Recipes made up on the spot:

:OD Scanner: =Field Emitter
    :Gold Dust: =lightstone block
    :Refined Iron: =iron fence
    :Intergrated Plating: =Blank

Field Emitter:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Energy Crystal: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Energy Crystal: :Intergrated Plating:

Integrity Field Generator:
    :Industrial Diamond: :OD Scanner: :Industrial Diamond:
    :OD Scanner: :Advanced Machine: :OD Scanner:
    :Industrial Diamond: :OD Scanner: :Industrial Diamond:

Bubble Field Generator:
    :OD Scanner: :OD Scanner: :OD Scanner:
    :OD Scanner: :Advanced Machine: :OD Scanner:
    :OD Scanner: :OD Scanner: :OD Scanner:

Wall Field Generator:
    :OD Scanner: :Refined Iron: :OD Scanner:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Machine: :Intergrated Plating:
    :OD Scanner: :Refined Iron: :OD Scanner:

Personally if i was going to make something like this for a mod like IC (not that I can just thinking about balance wise) It would likely be a non portable one, more like a holographic map table then a portable map tablet. Add on the ability to zoom into a certain section and then transcribe that onto a normal map, as well as copying maps that are from places much farther away.

Could even then link it up to the soon to be computers and give it the ability to track player and mob movements on it with whatever sensory nodes you might have placed out in the field.

So just to view the bugs, you have to have an account? Thats not very motivating

i think it would be better if you needed an account to just to edit it,
    and if you don't have an account all you can do is view it, kind of like
    this forum. Just an idea :D

Unfortunately I'm limited to how titanpad does the security, either I can leave it open for everone to both view and change, or i can change it to only people with accounts can view and change it. As much as i wish there was a middle ground option, there isn't one. I've returned it to open for now however I still suggest getting an account in case another person decides to grief it in which case it will get closed again.

I've left my request up there for about 3 days now.... still nobody told me about my new account?

Sorry if it took a little longer, I'm assuming you got the account by now?

Cool idea though there might be a more dynamic way to do it that could be used in alot more situations but would require 2 blocks, a new switch cable block and a power meter/sensor.

the switch cable would be just like in IC 1 cept with dynamic placement, one side default output with redstone directing the output to the opposite side.

The power meter would be a block that powers redstone whenever there is power running through it or a block requesting power.

Then you could just set up the split at the switch cable and the power meter towards your main power net and whenever the main machines need power it would power the redstone to switch the switch cable towards it, then when it doesn't need anymore it would send it to the matter generator.

While slightly more complicated, I can see these two blocks being much more useful in other situations.

I'm thinking for SMP moreso. They need to be hard to crack and variable enough that people don't stumble on the same signature. For chests this is easy, as it doesn't matter, you'll still have to try every combination at each different chest to break them, so they're uber uncrackable. The teleporter on the other hand, if you use similar 'memorable' patterns, then it's a lot more likely that someone else will come up with the same. So the combinations will have to be a little more complex. Then again, there's always a piece of paper and a pencil. :D

Back when I was using runecraft I ended up building a big teleporter storage hallway for all of our extraneous/found combinations with a teleporter to them and a wall design behind it showing the combination.

As for the Keys, if you did the padlock/key idea you could always make an easy way to copy keys and redo the padlocks. That way you could have 1 key for all the chests that involve one group. For example 1 key for all of the high end resource storage chests, 1 key for all of the expensive equipment, etc

Agreed, will remove Uranium from the UUM-Recipes :3

Considering how much setup and exactitude this requires I don't see why that's neccessary. So what if you get a relatively infinite power source, not really a new thing in IC. If anything this just seems like one of those rewards for thinking it out and setting it up, not to mention the fact that aren't you using up all the energy to make the new uranium and not really getting anything out?

Due to issues with People messing up the pad, it now to requires an account to view and edit. As such, if you would like an account drop me a PM with your email and I will set you up with one. I'll be giving accounts to anyone that wants one, however with accounts if you mess with the pad, you will lose access.

You May also go here to drop your name and email and I will make an account for you. (though PMing me tends to be quicker)
    http://icpad.titanpad.com/5

While you should still report bugs on the forums, it's always useful to have all bugs in one place so that people aren't posting the same bug 10 times