Posts by Pyrolusite

Small suggestion: Make a charger, which will consume coins for energy.

Something that charges batteries for a certain amount of coins ? I can do that.

The idea behind not using Energy was, that players can set up a store early game. Before they produce energy. The automated functions need energy.

Meh. I'm not convinced that automated trading with AE2 should be an early game thing.
    For the other points mentionned, fair enough.

- This concept is interesting enough for players too, it shouldn't be for admins only.
    - It should consume energy for every trade, as much as when you remove an item from an AE Terminal. And for a public room, we can use creative cells anyways.
    - It shouldn't auto-adjust prices, it kills the competition imo. However you could adjust prices whenever you want.
    Otherwise I really like the idea. Makes AE2 more useful.

Also what options do exist for player/player trading? Direct negotiations trough chat and then meeting is the worst way of trade there is...
    IC2 Trade-O-Mat only allows one machine per material, needs energy and the trading amount is quite limited... Forestry mail allows for trading without meeting but needs bees and still negotiations. Do bettery ways of trading exist?
    Or do i have to programm them myself?

We can't use NPCs as intermediates, traders are directly deleting an item from your inventory when you pick something from their GUI.
    Besides Trade-O-Mat, Forestry mail and direct trade, we don't have anything else to make automatic player to player trading without negociations, unless :
    - You code it with OpenComputers
    OR
    - We provide a special room with free Trade-O-Mats, all fed with energy.

Actually, I like the "ingot + coins = plate" idea. I'll add this to the planned Blacksmith.

Concerning ore trading, I will come up with a fair price and see what happens. If it gets too much in the way of trading between players, I will probably increase their prices though.

Also, I don't want anyone who asked to be an NPC to feel bad, my only intent was to stop that before it gets out of hand for me.

Anything making tech progression easier, like ingot plating by NPC, is vetoed for now.
    The only exception to this rule is very early game metals, and they will be expensive.

I need to see how the game will turn out with things I already planned before taking more decisions.

---------------------

By the way, I don't want to sound rude here, but I don't want K3 to become a Pokedex/beating simulator of every GT player/modder in existence...
    I have some kind of a story behind all the stuff I'm making right now, and I don't really want it altered by endless cameos and easter eggs, especially if said users plan on playing (or at least trying) the server.

I made some kind of parody of GregoriusT as a boss because I found it hilarious that we could use said NPC as some kind of punching ball when something in GT6 went wrong ("That's for my melted crucible, you bastard !").
    You know, some kind of harmless joke. Even if it WILL one-shot you if you're not prepared.
    I made a parody of him instead of trying to make a more convincing alter-ego, for multiple reasons. I even renamed it "Mad GregoriusT".

However, I should've seen the consequences, shouldn't have done that, and I'm sorry for everyone wanting his/her place as a NPC on the server,
    as there's a very high probability I won't do it.
    When I'm thinking about it, that's even a douchey move against Greg, even if it was not the intent.
    Now, I heavily consider removing Mad Greg and avoid making direct player-based easter eggs in the future.

Like I said on IRC :

<Pyrolusite> yeah but it's a bit late for suggesting something that needs a whole modpack change
    <Airambo> yeah, I'm slow...
    <Pyrolusite> also TFC is too restrictive
    <Pyrolusite> difficult to implement a new oregen, worldgen, etc
    <Airambo> that's the main problem
    <Pyrolusite> TFC needs a pack centered around it to be effective, imho
    <Pyrolusite> and we started with a pack centered around GT
    <Airambo> though there is not much stuff in it
    <Pyrolusite> do not take my opinion as a final decision about HK3 though, I'm not co-admin you know
    <Pyrolusite> just a NPC maker
    <Airambo> that's enough to make your vote valuable
    <Pyrolusite> but it would delay the server for another two weeks I guess, and in case the survival aspect is not challenging enough, count on ArchNihil to fix that
    <Pyrolusite> he has plenty of options
    <Pyrolusite> (that are already in the modpack)
    <Pyrolusite> and, well, it would defeat the purpose of Kirara imo

Those Trading NPCs do respect NBT I hope. Because all GT Coins will contain rather important NBT Data with the Shape, Material and other Data of the Coin.

They respect NBT tags by default.

------

A Greg Boss will be created, passive by default. One shots when attacked unless you're insanely geared (He will hit so hard that 1/6 of the energy capacity of a full quantum suit will be lost on hit).
    Once brews are back into GT6, he will also be able to throw potion grenades at you.
    Also, may or may not need to complete a quest as a pre-requisite to spawn him.

You're in for a tough fight, boys.

Priority to the village, though.

When I see complains about Thaumcraft not being in the hardcore pack (I'm not aiming at anyone, just a global statement), it feels like there's absolutely no content worth one's while in this modpack until this mod is inside.
    That's sad, really. Kirara is supposed to be about GT, not Thaumcraft.

Personally, I don't mind about the Forestry backpacks, really, especially with another mod that adds non-restricted variants.

Minimalist Technology v0.3 is now out ! And here's the list of new stuff.

GT :
    - Bending cylinders
    - Electric heaters
    - Sensors
    - Marble and Basalt compatibility
    - Chunks of metals
    - Diamond-type and Glass-type texture tweaks for ore blocks

IC2 :
    - Heat generators.
    - Some internal cleaning.

I do hope those Crates are either Valuable or just Test output, because I would not pay that much Wood and Coins for a single Crate available with simply using a Chisel.

And my Coins will be awesome. 3D Coins with custom 16x16 Shapes (once I add something to craft them properly, until then only prefabbed ones will be available), which can be stacked up to 64 inside a single Block in World.

Also with a tiny Flag describing if they are unique Coins or Playermade ones. Unique as in "Only available through Cheats, Admins, NPCs or Dungeons".

These are Custom NPCs crates, which are double chests in one block. That was mostly a test output but it will be available at the woodworker.
    However metals are not, it's intended that I only make iron, copper, tin and lead available. Everything else will require mining or trading between players :p
    Also, I'll use GT coins as soon as they are available.

Sorry for double post. Pyro, could we use GT coins instead ? Dungeon loot I'll be making, I could add a bit more coins to it and it could make for some nice economy.

See above, we'll use GT coins.

Oh, and before I forget, why didn't you use the Claptrap Units? You know, as punching Bags, because it is fun to see them die.

Sadly, there's no Claptrap model in Custom NPCs. The loader is an Iron Golem reskin.

Hello there. Kirara's new admin, Arch-Nihil, liked my idea of a Custom NPC village in order to help starting players, provide some quests and other cool stuff, so let's get started.

People are quite divided on that one, and since I'm the one in charge of it, I'm making this thread to explain everything that will be done, with screenshots and stuff.

Keep in mind that this feature will be on "Hardcore Kirara 3.0" (K3) ONLY.
    There will be a Kirara server with GT6, without hardcore survival mods and this (K2 I believe), so please only vote if you are interested in K3.

Also, please read everything before voting.

I- Currency

Currently, we use Custom NPC's Bronze Coins, Iron Coins and Golden Coins as currency. They will only be obtainable through quests, lottery and selling some useless mob loot.
    GregTech might implement its coins back soon, and we might use them instead, without changes in mechanics.

Values : 64 Bronze Coins = 8 Iron Coins = 1 Golden Coin

II- Quests

Small, daily quests will be available for players to take and complete.
    They will vary between "Kill X type of mobs" and "Get X artifacts", and give between 1 and 4 Iron Coins depending of the difficulty.

Also, a main quest will be provided to guide you through the village and all the NPCs, and give you 2 Golden Coins as a reward.

III- Lottery

Once every day, if you are at least level 10, you'll be able to get more coins from L0TT3RY-B0T.
    It has a high probability of giving you 2 Bronze Coins (a free meal, basically), but a small probability of giving you more, up to 4 Iron Coins.

IV- Shop

Merchants allow you to buy some items with coins.
    They won't sell anything higher-tech than bronze components, as you can see on the screenshot, in order to encourage trading between players.
    They are here to help in case you need that one extra ore to get your last bronze ingot, or some starting items, but do not expect them to outclass mining. Mining is still far superior.

Planned merchants :
    - Bartender (food, drinks)
    - Enderman (early game ores)
    - Blacksmith (early game tool heads)
    - Woodworker (Custom NPC's storage blocks)

V- Real time adjustments

Things will change according to the community's wish.
    A quest is way too hard, according to the player base ? I'll increase the rewards or make it slightly easier.
    We've gone through all the PvE content and people are bored ? Custom bosses.

etc.

And that's it. I need your feedback now.

Please note that the village is not mandatory, you could choose to ignore it and explore the world directly.
    Though, if you're not familiar with EnviroMine, Special Mobs, and other mods like that, you should head to the village.
    NPCs will explain everything you need to know.

I think the best way of making Coins would be using Damascus Steel Coins, once I add Meta Material Coins. That Steel can only be gotten through Dungeons, so it would be less easy to produce. And then one would also need a perfectly fabricated Mold to create the proper Coins, and that would require 198 Pixels of 4 different "Heights" to be chiseled perfectly in order to produce Fake Coins. (in the Past the value of Coins was the Material Value and not the Value of the Symbol on it)

I like this idea. For now I'm using Custom NPC's coins, which will only be obtainable via questing, and maybe traded with a stack of mob drops.
    I'll make a whole thread showing what the NPCs will do and all the balance decisions, to get feedback. I'll launch a new strawpoll at the same time.

This post concerns the "HARDCORE Kirara 3.0" server.

I suggested the creation of a Custom NPCs village with daily quests, shops, a lottery, a healer, a tavern where you can sleep, etc.
    Since I'll be the one building it, I can assure you all of this will be balanced accordingly. Quests won't make mining obsolete, and shops won't make trading between players useless.

Also, in case you got the wrong idea, the currency will be either GT coins or Custom NPC coins, which will only be obtainable by questing or trading between players.
    I might add ways to trade mob drops for said coins, too.

Some people seemed not really fond of the idea, so I made a poll to have numbers. You can vote here : http://strawpoll.me/4383088

Keep in mind that this village is a secondary feature and you can ignore it completely if you wish.