Posts by Pyrolusite

I'd like to see BC, obviously nerfed to the point its transport item pipes become "obsolete" if compared to GT's (theres a big difference between them, but BC's is much cheaper for what it does). Fluid pipes can be effectively disabled with no harm to gameplay. Energy transport pipes will help us alot with forestry stuff.

Don't nerf BC stuff too hard. Don't forget that BC pipes are not "magic routing pipes" and require thought and almost always more pipes than their GT counterpart to do something.

Roguelike Dungeons/Chocolate Quest - dungeons are fun (they are even more fun, when you are doing them with your mates). Mods are adjustable - you can edit dungeon loot (perhaps, to add precious GT stuff). It also fits TC. One of the downsides could be some OP stuff, but as I said, both mods should be adjustable.
    Special mobs/Dungeon mobs - are kind of poor version of thoose dungeon mods, but also could be an option if Roguelike Dungeons/Chocolate quest will be incompatible/unstable/unbalanced.

Roguelike dungeons is balanced by itself, and is harder with Special Mobs, almost requiring you to go with a group for some floors (the nether one in particular).

Twillight Forest - very well-made magic adventure mod, but it does have a lot of unbalanced stuff (again, compared to GT balance). It should be minetweaked very hardly somehow before being installed on Kirara.

Agreed, but it's PvE content, and it's awesome PvE content. So yeah, I'd only suggest removing the uncrafting table, the rest is fair imo.

EnviroMine - innovative mod, brings realism for sure, but I belive not everyone will like it at least for the first time.
    Hunger Overhaul + Pam's HarvestCraft - the same, as EnviroMine. Brings more "pain in the ass" into food aspect.

These three are intended for a "hardcore survival Kirara" which means I don't want them to be implemented everywhere by default, just where the survival aspect will be the focus.

Custom NPCs - this one is just not fits Kirara, in my opinion.

It depends what you do with it, ultimately. Its tools must be restricted to operators though, because NPC creation is an insanely powerful tool (especially mercenaries and timed rewards).

Also, I'm not very fond of the idea of having 100+ mods for a "hardcore survival Kirara", seems way too much in my opinion.
    The server must be able to keep up with all what will happen, especially if you put Zombie Awareness in the equation.

Here's a mod-list I'd like to suggest in case a "hardcore survival Kirara" opens :

Tech :
    - IC2 + GT6 + GT Extras + Nuclear Control 2 + IHL
    - AE2 + ExtraCells
    - Forestry, Railcraft, (Buildcraft ? since we don't have pipes)

Redstone :
    - OpenComputers
    - immibiscore + redlogic

Worldgen :
    - Biomes O' Plenty (removal of the gem generation may be necessary) or Highlands if it works.
    - Roguelike Dungeons
    - Twillight Forest

Survival :
    - EnviroMine (gas and earthquakes removed, maybe physics too, also minetweaking for the "elevator" recipe)
    - Special mobs (mob variations, with deadlier mobs)
    - AppleCore + Hunger Overhaul + Pam's HarvestCraft (salt worldgen removal)

The pretty :
    - Chisel 2
    - Carpenter's Blocks
    - BiblioCraft + Bibliowoods

Bonus :
    - Custom NPCs, so that quests, shops and that kind of cool stuff can be made.
    - LevelUp mod, since the exp is useless, allows to pick classes with bonuses like movement speed, etc. Needs to be tweaked however, "gaining exp from crafts" can and will be abused.

Here we go, Minimalist Technology is now available.

As mentionned in the original post, this is a fusion of PGTAT and PICAT. Still a work in progress, especially on IC2's side.
    Added a new imgur album in the screenshots section.

What's new :
    - GT "raw tool parts"
    - GT "monkey wrench"
    - GT chisel
    - GT machines (except crucible)
    - GT stone-type materials
    - Ore changes ("powder" type improvement)
    - IC2 generators
    - IC2 machine casings
    - Other changes I might have forgotten

So, folks, I just noticed GT6 is taking another direction in terms of machinery and stuff, which will require a rework of my resource pack somehow.

So, the download link for PGTAT v1.24 is now back up, as the last version for GT5.
    And I'll clean v1.25 and add the missing stuff (Chisel, chests, burning boxes) for v2.

PGTAT v1.25 is now available in the original post, now fully compatible with GT6 (and still compatible with GT5) !

The only thing new is an attempted improvement of my ore textures, and crate overlay changes in inventory.
    I wanted to do a tweak on crates so that a little frame on them displayed a small icon representing the material inside, but since the overlay is disabled by default, I gave up on the idea.

Aaand the update is here !

v1.24 :
    - Buzzsaw fix (pixels were coming out of the tool overlay, and not round enough for my taste)
    - Ugly multiplates fix (because yup they were ugly)
    - Wine and Cider fix (they didn't look like wine and cider, blame Greg for using numbers instead of names in his texture files)
    - Solar panel block textures
    - New dense plates
    - GT credits

I thought it was that, but a "x9" would be more consistent, no?

Well, even if you use 9 ingots to make it, it's still a "dense plate" and not a numbered amount of plates assembled together like the double plates or triple plates suggests. That's why I kept the idea of a "big plate" instead of a "x9".

Hi Pyro,

I'm kinda new to texture packs, does this cover vanilla blocks, as well?
    If no, can you recommend one that would fit well with your pack?

Great work, btw, thanks for sharing with us.

It only covers GT stuff, and works pretty well with vanilla textures.
    My MC resource packs are covering GUI stuff mostly, and I have a WIP resource pack that changes some vanilla items, not yet released.
    I also have a resource pack for IC2 stuff but there's lots of content missing for now.