Posts by Shadowclaimer

I managed to get an advanced machine from my induction furnace with the electricwrench.. pretty sure that's a bug though.

Truthfully early game movement of machines is very vital to players, it'd be totally painful if the basic wrench sucked anymore than it already did, as it stands you waste a significant portion of resources on failures as is in a vital time of player development.

Shadowclaimer if your system lags your pc to death its the system fault. It should have a overflow system. Just dump the excess items in lava or something. I did that to my cactus farm too (10 cactus per sec can freeze minecraft pretty fast).

It never reaches that point, or at least it shouldn't. As I said with three chests pumping 4 orange engines pushing items out of 3 full double checks there were no issues except a little lag.

I doubt I'll ever bother with something that could lag my system lol

I'm going to ask, can you do a compatibility add-on for the Advanced Machines and Advanced Solar Panels add-ons? I really want the advanced machines to look nice with this pack.

I can try to make some tiles for them later, I was contemplating doing a buildcraft/redpower set but I realized they don't pull texturepacks like IC does, so I'll have to wait for those.

But yea I'll make some for those possibly, no promises, but it'll give me something else to work on ;)

Can i has map now shadow?

Grr.. I keep forgetting.. I'm at work right now and won't be home probably till tomorrow (leaving work to go hang with a friend)

I'll try to remember, I'll drill myself to remember, I'll send myself an email lol

With RedPower2's block breaker, you can easily make a cobble gen that could overwhelm this :)
    Although I can't get over the feeling that that would be "cheating" or something :P

Impossible to overwhelm ;) it'll just cycle the cobblestone around the middle until your client crashes from too many items being on screen!

My machine is unbreakable, however your PC is not xD

A backpack that stores CF Pellets for large scale spraying operations would be highly welcome to me. I burn through that stuff constantly.

AlbOS?

lol that's awesome =D

Quarries, Cactus Farms, Minefactory Fishers

I output to a dispenser and fire scrap boxes into an obsidian pipe then sort the results, stuff I want gets shipped back to my base, stuff I don't want gets re-recycled.

You know the concept of a metal sign that updates based on the power level of a machine wouldn't be bad, you could place it on the wall above a machine and it'd show how much power the machine has/is using or whatever.

awesome texture. i'm glad they're adding on/off for storage and such. it's nice that each block will get their own special sides. honestly on the copper cable, they look horrid. but that's mostly cause of how IC cable works. i wish IC's cable were more like eloraam's cable. i know they don't work the same way, but hers are just so awesome. well at least we don't have giant full size block cables, those were just ridiculous.

Yea you can manually remove the cable texture if you want, just go into the texture's .zip, sprites, I think its cable_0

Its still in its infant stages, I included it as a bonus preview for what's to come. The big issue with cables right now is that their north face (and only their north face it seems) is screwy.

Afaik the only rare natural dye2 you cannot create with UUM yet are black dye and cocoa beans.
    Will add those 2 with a cheap UUm recipe (no reason to make them extraordinary expensive). Exspecially since painting a load of CF-Blocks black to create stylish and functional streets would take loooooooooads of hunting squids.

*runs off to test recipes for Bonemeal*

actual electronics-grade silicon is waaaay more of processing the sand than getting it, just the water purification required for the process cost more than base material
    ore looks more of a nonsense to me

just my 2c

A silicate mineral of a high base purity could effectively be used to create electronics grade silicon if processed properly. Realistically, no, its never going to happen because such high purity materials don't exist, and the machines necessary to purify them to a useable point would be ridiculous.

But we're talking about a game where you stab a stick into a stone and it outputs a miracle power source. I think we can skip on the purity levels of silicon for the sake of gameplay here ;)