Posts by MachineMuse

Build #199 is now recommended!

Notable changes since last recommended version:
    -New modules: Radiation Protection (for Calclavia's Atomic Science) and the Railgun!
    -Blink drive is now instant and hitscans, so you can't use it to teleport through warded stone anymore
    -Auto-feeder now only consumes 1 item at a time
    -Buffed top-end damage on the plasma cannon
    -Added tooltip for food storage and tool modes (including instructions to shift-scrollwheel if no mode is selected)
    -Fixes for various bugs and exploits
    -Lots of internal refactoring

Thanks for the support and I do have plans to make the damage absorption aspect more diverse and interesting :)

For the same reason as on mcf, I've updated the rules.

Since people can't seem to be bothered with reading the todo list or even the modules that are already in the game: if you post a suggestion, please be willing to implement it yourself. The todo list is long enough as it is and if your ideas aren't on there already it's probably because they are already available as client mods, or they are not that different from functionality that is already there. It's probably not because your ideas are totally original and mind-blowing.

BTW there is a 'torch placer' sort of module coming soon :)

if you use the teleport module and teleports you can teleport in to a wall, this is a bit enoying so i thought it was a bug. also it lets you go true thaumcraft magical building blocks, this is not good becouse the point for thouse blocks is that no person can get in :/ i hope this can get fixed.

I made it hitscan instead of shooting a projectile. So now it's faster, more expensive, has a limited range, AND doesn't teleport you through things.

Thaumcraft has a check around an 8ish block radius near its warded stone/glass/doors that destroys any instance of EntityEnderPearl and prints out a chat message. Could possibly be done in the same vein with the EntityBlinkDriveBolt, but I'm not sure Thaumcraft's API has that yet, and I'm not yet versed enough in modding to try to suggest a way to do this.

(Am I correct in this assumption?)

Hm, I might be able to implement something similar but it would most likely be infinitely more efficient to do it from within Azanor's function, which I am not (yet?) allowed to mess with. :/

I wish Thaumcraft was on Github so I could just pullrequest it. :s

When flying with the jetpack on a Server with the "Flying" thing Disabled, I get kicked, Apparently the server thinks that flying with the power suit is hax.

FAQs

Q: I keep getting disconnected for flying!

A: For now, there is no way around this. Servers have to enable flying by going into their server.properties file and changing

allow-flight: false
    to
    allow-flight: true

May i suggest rethinking one or two of the Gregtech recipies, some things such as the power suit is nice, buts say the Ion thruster requires a fair bit of Iridium.

I think its actually cheaper to make a Gravisuit then the jetpack X(

Rules:
    4) Don't post 'OP!' or ask for cheaper/more expensive recipes

The only exception to this was for the person who designed the Gregtech recipes, and that was not contested :P The mps jetpack is supposed to be very expensive, because it's more useful and achievable in the meantime with the intermediate parts.

Quote from Requia

The powerfist is incredibly energy hungry compared to IC2 power tools that do the same thing, even at minimum speed (which in turn is slower than IC2 power tools).

True. I'll make the scaling more pronounced. (same top-end, cheaper low-end)

Erm... WTF was I smoking. Uhh... yeah, I think I was trying to say that the armor bar is capped at a certain amount. And I obviously didn't read what he wrote X(

Like your new picture Muse :3

lol, thanks! It was drawn by Cheapshot based on my previous avatar and some of the models we are putting together for the powersuit in 1.5.

With that, version 0.3.0-178 is now recommended!

Highlights:
    Mode switching works properly now I think (without breaking Mystcraft and Logipipes)
    Fixed all the bugs reported so far, with a couple minor exceptions (mostly rendering-related)
    A WHOLE BUNCH of new modules, mostly done by other people
    Better back-end API for people wanting to create their own modules (still needs work, but it's getting there)
    Tool modules were made toggleable instead of 'modes'. Modes are: Plasma Cannon, Blink Drive, Crafting Grid.
    For those who didn't get a chance to play with this when it was expermental: SHIFT+MOUSEHWEEL to change modes.
    See the jenkins changelog for a detailed run-down of all the changes.

Things which are going to have to wait until 1.5:
    Different 'tiers' (for IC2's energy system)
    Custom models and animations

Enjoy~

:Depleted Cell:

by the way i can reproduce the fall damage bug you said i took wrong about when the only mods i have installed is forge and modular powersuits, tested with forge 497,517,518,523,524,527,

becouse the ONLY mods i had installed was forge and your mod, how can it be anyother mods fault? i am also with every forge version i mentioned i have tested without modular powersuits and i have not got the same bug then.
    is it a bug or a feature? are the mod supposed to make you take more fall damage? i have tested it with ONLY forge and modular powersuits so its NOT another mods fault! and if it is please explain it to me.
    (by the way i love the mod its the most epic mod i have seen since thaumcraft 3)
    i used the newest version of modular powersuits (138 ) but i have seen the bug (or feature) in some older versions also.

Thanks for being more thorough :)

There does seem to be a weird exception with jumping off a 2-block-high ledge. I'll test more and try to figure out what's causing it.

EDIT: not sure what was causing it, but putting the falldistance updates back in seems to have fixed it. lemme know if you still have issues~

Been playing around with the blink drive and I have a few suggestions. The first one is that the way it works now is not very useful. It throws an invisible enderpearl, which is pretty useless since with sprint assist, you can walk there faster than the projectile travels. It should probably work more like ee2s black hole band, where teleportation is instant. The energy cost could be based on distance as well. Furthermore, having it use the right mouse button is kinda clunky, since you need to disable and re-enable it and the plasma cannon. It would be easier to have a separate keybind.

Also, what do you think about the suggested change for the gregtech force-field emitter? It seems to be pretty popular.

The blink drive module is the first module that was added by someone else. It is still in development, apparently.

I'll review the recipes later today.

emm i found a 'small' bug, if you jump from a two blocks high structure on to a bed you lose 1,5 hearts with no armour the bug does not exist without this mod installed (modular powersuits) also jumping on the same level from a chest to a crafting table will damage me with 0,5 hearts.
    also we found something in ther server (me and my friend) that was connected with the jumps when we got damage, something he called a memory loop, i hope you can fix those bugs becouse emm...it does weard things with the server and also with more health mod and beggining with 3 hearts thia bug can kill you pretty fast.
    it is other types of fall damage bugs, by the way it is fall damage we tested it.
    sorry for not posting this on the bug tracker, i am watching a stream and want to be done fast.
    EDIT: i have posted the issue on the bug thingey now.

Please don't spam my bug tracker with poorly researched bugs that are caused by other mods (More Health is a jarmod, so it changes base classes and WILL break other mods).

Your friend does not have any idea what he is talking about. Give him a kick in the shins from me.

ive been messing around for awhile now with modular powersuits now but a few problems
    .NEI does not show the recipes

Yes it does

.could please add an option to make modules more expansive

There have been a few requests to make a fatter model but it is not a priority right now
    ---

I would LOVE to make the current version the new recommended one (so modpacks start updating etc), but I can't until I (or someone else) figures out that netserverhandler crash.

My artist is currently working on a custom model for the armor, but that's going to be a challenge to implement and I don't have as much time now that school is picking up. Besides, more options is always better! :) Feel free to post them.

As for bugs, please post them to github.