Posts by LostCoder

I think recipe can be a bit more expensive - use Blaze Rod instead of Flint and Steel.
    In addition would be nice to have a Napalm and throwable flammable potion Molotov Coctail.
    BTW if fuel flamethrower with napalm, then it will spit fire in portions like Incenerator in Fallout, in minecraft term it can be done by throwing same projectiles that Blaze does.

1.Is "Third Rail" something more advanced then "Maglev Rail" as it support extreme voltage vs medium voltage for maglev?
    2.Do i need to power every single support block directly, or do they transfer energy to each other? (so just every x block)
    3.Those sparking effects are epic... i know this is stupid to even ask but... can you make it optional to spark randomly so you will get some kind of visual feeling those rails are powered and can harm you?

1. No, I just read what people saying and try to satisfy it, well, more or less. Blaster asked for third rail and since it is based on electric rail it has same max input. SpwnX offered that magnets will accept MV by default, so it is. There probably should be some subtypes like HV magnets and constant magnet based on Neodymium magnets or something else, hovewer I don't want to add new ores, need to think about it.

2. No, only electric rails (tracks) do this. Third Rails and Maglev Rails don't transfer energy to each other, you need to power them from below - you may put batboxes for each of them, but I guess will want to simply put cable. ))
    :Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating: ...
    :LV-Transformer::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: ..
    BTW if you simply made it continuous IC2 EnergyNet will eat all memory and stall. To avoid it you should separate it into sections with transformers. For fiber cables best way is to put transformer at each 40 block, that way you will also get rid of conduction lossess:
    :Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating: ...
    :LV-Transformer: << :Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: 39 cables :Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: >> :LV-Transformer: << :Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: 39 cables :Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre: >> :LV-Transformer: ...

3. It already done for electric rails, it just not so frequent because if you made long railway it will spam a lot of particles. Try to make linear way of electric rails up to horizon and power them in creative.

(attachments in first post)

For short:
    + Added turns/corners for electric rails;
    + Added "Third Rail" block;
    + Added "Advanced Track" - non electric version;
    + Added "Maglev Rail" and "Maglev Cover" blocks;
    + Added support for non integer EU/t consumption;
    + Added config options for energy consumption and speed multipliers;
    * Fixed crash when adding recipes and RailCraft rails are disabled (probably fixed);
    - Still no electric carts;

JCSweetHeart, if using modpack you should check that B:rightClickUse option is enabled in config. Then you simply put jetpack somewhere in you inventory, you probably will want to put it into hotbar so you see how it charges, then select accumulator and right click it. Charging however is slow, it is limited to jetpack transfer rate.
    Also it will charge any other electric items in you inventory starting from top-left slot, so if you want to charge only some specific item you should put it into top-left slot so it will be charged before all others.

When talking of traveling faster than Railcraft HS rails, just keep in mind how fast you can load/receive chunks, some already have trouble with just the speed of HS rails.

Yes, I understand that, besides I using notebook and don't have high-end PC.

As 'SpwnX' sad please dont make it (if you plan to do it) just cable and rail its boring. Even if you cant make nice model do at least simple block/s instead. I can help with textures if needed.

I thought it will be simple wall of stone/construction foam blocks with integrated circuitry + textures of course.

1 question: Do you plan to make those rails compatible with traincraft E-trains? (in future)

I installed RailCraft for first time when start making this addon and I didn't ever heard about TrainCraft, so I don't know on how it is working. If it is compatible with standard Minecraft rails then it (possibly) will be compatible with that addon, I checked it with RailCraft Locomotive and it was boosted. At least I currently cannot find any API for TrainCraft.

1. I currently think to build it on top of standard rails, will see how it goes, because making it work alone will require to build whole own infrastructure and it is a lot of work. BTW it is true for monorails too.

Fixed, check 1.09.

TBH I have found optifine hinders performance more than helps (On my machine at least) See if it still has the same problem without optifine and test your FPS as well, you may be suprised.

Same thing. The only feature that helps goes faster is to disable fog.

Electric Suspended rail, same as Stonebed Electric, but can be placed 5 blocks from a previous Track (As apposed to RC's 2.)

Sorry, I cannot understand what you talking about. Can you explain it in other words?

This almost the same thing I think of. :)

2 mods work maybe
    all mods + IC 2 new (314< dont work)

What? When? ForgeModLoader-client-0.log? crash-***.txt? Or same things for what ever you have instead of Forge.

This suggestion is all about how to revive old fuel-based jetpack by using two-component rocket fuel. At first time I wanted to made addon by myself, but there is a lot of things to be done and I'm lazy bastard don't have enough experience and time to do that. I don't know whether you will like it or not so I just put it here. :)

Could you add a "third rail" block, like what is used in the New York and similar rail system, that has a slightly worse loss then the tracks but it means that you don't have to rip up your current tracks?

A third rail block that had a VDroop of 3EU/b would be quite handy, would allow electrification of already setup rail systems, (Up to 2 tracks) and be a bit more expensive than proper dedicated E-Rail

You know what? I may rip electric rails and replace it with those 3rd rail blocks, it will be automatically compatible with all rails that are based on minecraft rails, besides it allow to decide what cable to place under it to power them.

And I probably may use the same technique to make Maglev rails... really interesting concept, but I need to think about it.

Now you should add Electric minecarts that consumes the energy from the rail network and travels faster than RC hi-speed rails, maybe twice as fast than it?

+50% faster than HS should be enough, but only when HS Rails are used as component.

Energy loss on electric rails should be reduced for balance reasons.

Agreed.

This is electricity! Come on guys, this is IC2. We could call these rails Maglev Rails when used with the electric carts.

Be honest, none of the carts have wheels that are moving, let alone that there are no visible wheels at all.

Well, I don't have legend on how this rails works, I thought of something like railgun effect, but it probably should permanently cook passenger. :) But Maglev rails is definitely more interesting and it uses copper coils instead of directly contact to train. I need to think about it.

It is not 1 EU/block consumption, but LOSS, aka if you have a 1000 long rail, only 1048 EU of 2048 will reach at the last rail, wasting tons of energy.

IC2 internals actually processes cable part before machine part, so it actually consumes up to 21 EU per packet, e.g. it takes 1 EU (cable part) before give packet to rails itself (machine part).
    There is also way to stripe electric rails with standard and feed each part of electric from fiber cable, so you need a lot of fiber cable but it will be more economic about EU. Uhm need to upload screenshot.
    There is also trick: if cart is not empty and it reaches certain speed, then it will not loose speed and potentially may travel for infinite distance. So you may put about 64 electric rails and then place usual for whatever distance you need. I took boost code from minecraft powered rails so same trick is true for them too.

License:
    This addon is provided 'as is' without any warranty. Author of this addon is not responsible for any harm that can occur from using of this addon, you use it at you own risk.

Description:
    Adds two versions of electric rails: with wooden and stone railbeds. Both of them:

• Consume 1 EU/t to boost cart;
    • When powered, harm mobs and players that walking across them;
    • Have "internal accumulator" of 20 EU;
    • Have same electric loss rate as uninsulated HV cable (1 EU/block);
    • Have same maximum throughput voltage as uninsulated HV cable (2048 EU);
    • Rails with stone railbed allows to move 25% faster.

Crafting recipes depends on whether there is RailCraft installed or not:

Example on how to power them:

^ You may use any full 1m solid blocks as well, Transformers and BatBoxes will work too, just make sure you face them at right direction.

Statement for modpacks: you are free to include this addon into modpacks.

Dropbox mirror (includes previous versions)

Electric rails which have chunkloading capability (when receiving energy and a minecart is above it) ?

No, I think frequent chunk forcing/unforcing is bad practice. I not sure for real what it was cause but theoretically it will make MC chunk loader jump from side to side and swap chunks from/to disk. However I currently don't know on what is difference between chunk loading for block and entities, maybe it is ok.

Well with the current setup of the network anchor i could see running a cable over the train line to simulate electric rails. Everything would be chunk loaded and the Power use would grow based on the size of the rail network.

You hit the point, it is like powered red stone/golden rails but consuming EU to boost cart + conduct power by itself like normal cables, so you have choice to use rails alone or stripe normal rails and electric so you can power them with more lossless cable + electrocute livings that walking on them, e.g. it like a subway rails, with one thing - there probably should be some kind of uhm... electric locomotive instead of directly boosting carts.
    As they are will work as ElectricTile it will be automatically compatible with NetworkAnchor. It is probablye not as effecient as chunk loading cart but if you correctly organize tunnel you can put there also pipes and other transport stuff so you get pretty nice arterial... sometimes I recall that minecraft is also a building game. ))

Hmm, what's about electric rails?

Gold? Rare? Dude, I have more Gold than IRON. I want to get rid of all the Gold I have. That Stuff is worthless even though its being used in Electrum for all my Circuitry (Well, I'm low on Silver so I cant produce much Electrum).

Well, then it is another reason to use it in solars. ^^
    Seriously, I have opposite situation, e.g. I spend gold on other addons, bit by bit, but as result I have less gold than silver. Besides it is sometimes hard to find it if you not using auto-mining tools.

Coal dust is pointless =P
    It should be replaced by copper (plates) as it is one of possible metals used alongside a layer of SiO2

Copper is pretty corrosion metal, especially when in form of thin films. AFAIK nano-technology usually uses gold for making conductors inside chips, not for solars of course, but it can be much better in case of minecraft since gold is relatively rare, so using it will help to stop spamming solars.

Armored Construction Foam that have more hardness/blast resistance. Way to get is foamed iron bars or iron fences, e.g. it works completely the same as with cables but instead of cables will use iron bars or iron fences as core. It also will be nice if CF sprayer will work with iron bars or iron fences as with wooden scaffolding, e.g. use it's geometry to place foam.

Industrial Dryer/Heat Gun is electric tool that will heat area of CF, not just one, to make it harden faster. It may reduce internal counter of each CF block so it will work not instant like sand. In industrial scale using sand to harden CF is pain.