Posts by LostCoder

Just thought that obscurator should not consume energy too. It is useless for drills and chainsaw, since in creative we can break blocks instantly, but for complex tools it make sense.

Making debug tool a batpack probably will be the best way because you may decide whether you need infinite power or not just in game, and it is already creative only item. For design purpose it can be renamed into "DebugPack" or "CreativePack" or something else + textures of course.

Also, Geogens are smart enough to produce power only when it is needed, it may be that it even smart enough to not produce full output if it not needed.

Since all changes already described in first post I want to say few word about on how to localize addon to your language:
    1. Extract master localization file from addon .jar or .zip, from "networkanchor_0.09.jar\mods\NetworkAnchor\lang\en_US.txt", into your minecraft directory as following ".minecraft\mods\NetworkAnchor\lang\en_US.txt".
    2. Rename it using your language code: ru_RU, de_DE, it_IT, fr_FR, ... You may find exact language codes at "minecraft.jar\lang\languages.txt".
    3. Translate text after "=" character.
    4. Save it. Make sure you saving it in UTF-8 encoding.
    5. Launch minecraft and try to set you language in options.

I guess griefing is primary reason why vanilla minecraft doesn't have flammable potion (aka "molotov"). However sometimes it can be extremely helpful - for example to quickly clean mine from mobs/slimes.

- Always yours, captain obvious. ;)

I'm afraid I don't get you. Do you mean to say that the special 30 levels thing only applies to Diamond Chainsaw, or all electric tools?

My version includes only Diamond Chainsaw. SpwnX offer to also include drills, but I think it is not good idea, because regular drill is still needed in parallel to Silk Touch tool.

Although I think the XP level being too low thing is really only applicable to GregTech, as there are no practical uses for Silk Touch other than higher capacity during mining, the special blocks (e.g. mushroom blocks) and glass (pane) dismantling.

Not at all, there is still Fortune III. And explicitly for getting glass back there can be glass cutter and of course it's electric version which, for example, uses some kind of short laser. :)

I know that diamond chainsaw is suggested many times before, and Silk Touch tools too, but maybe this idea will be somewhat useful.

Basically: you may already seen like different peoples (masters) can use chainsaw to make a sculptures from ice and different other things. So we can have a diamond chainsaw that is just slightly better than a regular one, but it will gain Silk Touch when you have enough experience level (30 for example (configurable?)) (become a master) and will lose it if not. So when you become a "master" you can easily saw block's out of rocks.

That's all.

Perhaps a Heat bar? instead of Percentage?

Already thought about it, in my imagine it can be a thermometer shaped.

Your Defualt ID's i think clash with IC2 Painters...

Actually no, I forgot about 256 itemID shift, and items uses invalid id's. "Look at this shifts - this shifts are amazing..." what else can I say.

The Ash thing was pretty cool :3
    Perhaps at Higher Temperatures, you can cool everything, not just Food. Would require a Heat Regulator, becuase too hot and Food would turn to ash, too Cold and say Cobble wouldnt smelt.

Yes, ash is pretty cool. But I currently don't have ideas on how to fit all things together. Heat Regulator as I understand is too simple and therefore useless, or maybe I misunderstand you.

P.S. Big Lollipop already done. :)

Hmm, "projectors" used in the second world war against aviation can easily burn a paper or fabric placed next to it or "output window" because of amount of produced heat.

Didn't plan to continue this addon, but here is 1.01

Ash piles and heat tresholds are removed, there is now simple linear dependency heat -> cooking speed.
    Heat now displayed in percents against base nominal reactor heat (8500), therefore it can be above 100%, it also means you may cook faster.

Added reactor cooling, there is two separate values in config file for passive cooling (when not cooking) and active cooling (when coooking) - they are switching, not summarized.

Candies recipes are:
    Sugar ==smelting=> melted sugar
    2x melted sugar ==shapeless craft=> sugar candy
    Lollipop craft:
    MM
    MS
    M - melted sugar;
    S - stick (you will get it back once lollipop is eaten);

Candies will replenish you hunger but will not modify saturation modifier, so you will pretty fast become hunger again.

Suggestion primarily is to add ability to change jetpack control scheme via config like this:

Code
    # Jetpack control scheme
        # 0 - vanilla IC2 scheme
        # 1 - "easy" scheme
        # 2 - inverted "easy" scheme
        # 3 - "pro" scheme
        I:jetpackControlScheme=0

And schemes actually will work like this:
    0: is a standard IC2 control scheme which will be used by default.
    1: Initial mode of jetpack is hover, when you hold "sneak" key (shift) it will work in non-hover mode. "Jump" (space) key will work the as usual. So in case of panic you may release all keys and you will slowly hover down, that's why it is "easy".
    2: "inverted" work's in opposite way: initial mode is non hover and when you hold "sneak" key it will work in hover mode.
    3: For true pilots. Jetpack power is controlled by two triggers: small boost (sneak/shift) and big boost (jump/space). Low boost is enough to hovering and don't allow you smash but is not enough to flying. Big boost is actually will get you higher. Triggers may be used together to get maximum power output and therefore maximum boost.

Or as table for short:

None: go down fast, as non hover mode
    Sneak only: go down as in hover mode
    Jump only: go up as in hover mode
    Sneaky + jump: go up fast as in non hover mode

Secondary thing (don't know whether it is possible to implement) is "directed flying".

Code
    # Enable jetpack directed flying
        B:jetpackDirected=false

Based on fact that jets works in a single direction (angle) which is cannot be changed instantly, thing called inertia and air drag. So if you staying still and jetpack looking straight down, you pressing boost key and you going straight up. When you pressing movement key (forward for example) angle start changing from vertical to horizontal, it stops on angle (something about 30, however I'm not sure, it should be calculated automatically depending on output power) which is enough for straight horizontal flying. So movement keys will change angle but not actually move, you still need to hold boost key to flying. When releasing movement key angle start changing form horizontal to vertical so you may fly higher instead of horizontal. As result:
    1. You may fly with maximum boost not only vertical. (yes, I want higher horizontal flying speed)
    2. When you got maximum speed in horizontal flying you may release boost key and just hover for some time because of high altitude, inertia and air drag.
    3. You cannot fly with maximum boost in both direction simultaneously.
    4. Such model will allow to travel faster and "draw" pretty nice curves in the air.

You could make food cooked in it "Irradiated", gives you the same amount of food but gives you hunger like Zombie flesh. Nice balancing point.

This is actually may be trouble. There is several ways to do that:
    1. Keep reference in metadata to original item id to obtain it's food points and icon, so it will acts completely as original items. It is not hard for food that is not metadata sensitive, and impossible for items that hosts multiple items on a single item id - I know that there is addons that adds new food.
    2. Same thing, but keep reference in nbt, it will work for any items, but make items non stackable.
    3. Also I may try to use enchantment system on original items. It will not need additional items and save effect even after addon uninstall, but it also will make items non stackable.
    4. Make an item that will act as uniform irradiated food, e.g. it will be simply rotten flash with another static icon. Least cool, but best working.

This makes things clear. :)