Posts by LostCoder

Overcooling is not a problem if you have heating cells and depleted isotope cells.

I mean it can be exploited to cool reactor. Currently you need to make balanced cooling scheme and with such device you may put stack of cobblestone and cool reactor in pretty simple way, or even automate this... however it looks like old reactor designs when it's been possible to cool reactor with ice.

Make a special copper-based plate than take heat from the reactor and allows cooking with ? With something like 4 Heat per plate, that wouldn't be OP.

Hmm, heat-sink pipes? Did you ever tried to make own passive-cooling system for PC? :)

Looks like it is bug, because just tried to play around with water mills, transformers and bat-boxes, once cable segments or transformer is removed bat-box still receiving EU, however energy net is disconnected. Opposite bug can occur too - when everything is connected bat box will not receive energy. World reload is helping. Should note that bug is not persistent it may occur and may not. Version of IC2 1.115.231-lf.

Alternatively, base it on the EU/t of the reactor. There's a relationship there with heat per pulse, if not exactly a linear one, and the API provides a call for it, and not (as far as I can tell) for heat per pulse rather than overall heat.

Heat levels should be somewhere between 5000-15000 then we are able to make a self-sustaining reactor.

Currently : Place uranium cell, heat reactor to exactly 240 heat, take it out, cook your food there forever.

I know, that's why i make a cooking pan and not nuclear furnace, it is limited to food items, they are not so many and therefore not op. There is no troubles to code mathematic model, I just not good at balancing things. One of idea was to make it actually consume heat from reactor, but again I'm not sure about numbers because it may lead to overcooling reactor.

Not sure but you may try this:
    MK2 at chest with scrap:
    - Item Sink module (configure to sink scrap and UU-matter);
    - Advanced Extractor module (configure to extract only scrap) OR QuickSort module;
    MK2 at bottom of massfab:
    - Passive Supplier module (configure to supply 64 scrap);
    - Advanced Extractor module (configure to extract UU-matter, sneaky: up)

This mod is now maintained by Zuxelus here: [1.7.10] Ztech - Collection of Addons
    Just for fun. Well... kind of fun.

License:
    This addon is provided 'as is' without any warranty. Author of this addon is not responsible for any harm that can occur from using of this addon, you use it at you own risk.

Description:
    Standard cooking pan for nuclear reactors.

Sphax-style texture by Chocohead

Hmm, copper and tin much frequent than iron (about 3 times) and used much less than iron, so it is easier to get. On other hands - it needs machines and energy, but cost for full set is not bigger than stack of charcoal in generator which is again pretty easy to get. Besides people usually build a solar arrays pretty quick, so energy is actually not a trouble. And than usually comes nano suit. I might be wrong, but it seems that bronze armor lasts much longer than nano suit.
    And GregTech has a mortars which are completely cheaper than machines.
    I think solution may be to nerf bronze armor and add full set of composite armor. It also will answer to question - why the bronze wrench is wearing out in compare to electric wrench which is made from iron.
    Just my vision.

P.S. As we talking about bronze, I have a question - why electric tools have a (probably) bronze hulls, but we did not use bronze in recipes?

Well, that not to be unfounded:

There is a lot more actually. Most words are completely different.

Have similar idea, but my version uses ultra-sonic waves to dig. )

Ultra-sonic waves are used in medicine to crash rocks inside kidney, so I guess with right power and frequency it can be also used in mining to dig and "macerate" blocks, e.g. it will try to recursively break/macerate block so, for example, you will get sand instead of cobblestone when digging stone.
    Some other things:
    Some ores may absorb, refract or reflect waves, so they provide "shadow" or make waves dig into different direction.
    Some mobs should die when hit with waves, e.g. skeletons may be macerated into bone meal, zombie's and bat's brains may blow up, etc.
    Entities like dropped cobblestone or bones should also be recursively macerated.

Chunks forced, my though was 4 EU/t per chunk

Satisfied.

I had assumed you'd leave it configurable.

Satisfied.

ALSO MOAR EXPENSIVE NOAW

SATISFIEDFASDFCH

Energy consumption model is now:
    EU/t = EnergyBase + EnergyPerTile * TilesFound + EnergyPerChunk * ChunksForced
    With EnergyPerChunk set to 4 by default.
    Italic values are configurable.
    So you now may go and blow you brain tweaking values. )

forg 534

Code
    2013-03-05 02:31:52 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The mcmod.info file in zi_networkanchor_0.06.jar cannot be parsed as valid JSON. It will be ignored
    argo.saj.InvalidSyntaxException: At line 10, column 2:  Expected object identifier to begin with ["] but got [}].

Yes, it is simply odd comma in the "mcmod.info". I tried to setup some kind of automatic build system, because I completely messed to change version number each time in each file. ><
    I also find that items is not dropped from upgrade slots when block is broken.

Would it be possible for it to have an energy cost based on chunks forced instead of energy tiles found in configs? I like the cheap setup/expensive maintenance model, but per block seems like it would scale too quickly in network mode, and yet miss costing anything for the area mode.

I'm already changed algorithm to use "per tick" model thought it is currently use constant "energyPerTick" value from config, it is not a problem to make it depend on forced chunks count.

The next time my villagers mass suicide I'm taking it out on you.

(Also, since expensive recipe is presumably for the gregtech inclined, Data Orb instead of emerald block).

Darn. I understand that it should be more expensive than current recipe, but I don't want to spend whole my life at crafting table. :)

...and there is GUI.

Short description:

Mode: area/network/combo - mode to use;
    - area is renamed stand-alone/grid mode;
    - network mode is not changed;
    - combo mode, which is now default, combines both modes, so there is no need in two anchors with two different modes set;

[Mode] button will switch mode, you need to reset device that changes take effect;

Area: NxN - size of area in chunks, with anchor block in center;

[-] [+] buttons will decrease/increase area size, you need to reset device in order changes to take effect;

Tiles: count of energy tiles found due network scan, includes anchor block itself;

Chunks: can be in two formats:
    - single value means count of chunks found/forced is equal and there is everything ok;
    - two values separated with "/" means: count of chunks forced "/" count of chunks found, and this means that something goes wrong, probably there is not enough free tickets available;

Tickets: count of tickets used;

[Reset] button will "reset" device like a button on you PC, it should be used after select a new mode or area size to apply it;

Striped vertical bar next to upgrade slots displays the current energy level (filling with red) of device;

Upgrade slots can accept any item, but will process only upgrades and energy storages like batteries, batpacks or crystals:
    - overclocker upgrades affects count of blocks processed due network scan, it calculates as: count of block = 2count of overclocker upgrades installed;
    - storage upgrades will increase internal storage capacity, which calculates as: max energy = 10000 * (1 + count of storage upgrades installed);
    - transformer upgrades will increase max safe input in traditional way: 32 -> 128 -> 512 -> 2048 ... it also allows you to charge anchor with energy storages which tier is higher than RE-Battery, e.g. you need one transformer upgrade to use Energy Crystal and Lappack, two transformer upgrades to use Lapotron Crystal, etc.;

Not sure that potato is generating energy the same way as lemon/lime, but I strongly support this idea, even if this is useless it will make game more atmospheric. :)

So version 0.04

There is still no gui.

Algorithm reworked a bit, so it is now work more like real automaton (tv, pc, etc), e.g. it will shutdown if it has not enough energy and start over when powered. It does not depend on scan itself anymore.

Wrench is not required anymore, so block can be broken with anything, even with bare hands. I think it can be considered as portable device since it is pure electronic and does not contain any heavy rotors.

As I see there is a lot of downloads and no bug reports. I could find only one issue with addon uninstalling, probable this is the very issue that broke the world save, so without that exception addon may be considered stable.