You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds: v2.0/2.1/2.2 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 → jenkins)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 10:55pm

Could somebody try building TConstruct from source and see if that causes the crash?
Official GregTech wiki guy for the official FTB wiki: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech
Unofficial GregTech IRC channel: irc.esper.net #GregTech

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 11:11pm

Holy shit Greg, your mod is getting so much hate in my latest changelog video :D:

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=3SWbnIFv8u4

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 11:17pm

Right; as I said, "One of them is indeed a vanilla IC2 iridium plate; you can make it by the process [Iridium Ore] -> Compressor => [Iridium Ingot] -> Plate Bending Machine => [Iridium Plate]. " That's fine; the IC2 iridium plate and iridium ingot can and should be left alone. You need to make vanilla IC2 iridium plates in order to make other stuff. The "iridium alloy ingot" is *not* an IC2 item, though; that's a new GregTech item, as is the new thing that results when you put one into an implosion compressor. Since they're both added by GT, he's free to handle the naming however he wants. I'm arguing that the best and simplest thing to do is just rename the implosion-compressed one "Iridium Alloy Plate" and *poof* -- all the NEI and player confusion goes away!
... except I'm wrong; I have it backwards. Sorry folks. Looks like GregTech does indeed rewrite the recipe for making the *vanilla* iridium plate, making it much more expensive, and introduces its own cheaper "iridium plate" with simple recipe to use as a staging point. That's what makes it hard to change the name of the expensive product, if I understand the mod interaction properly -- IC2 has named it, so GT can't easily change that.

My guess is that by doing it this way, GregTech makes all of the IC2 recipes based on iridium plates much more expensive "automatically," at the cost of not being able to address the name problem. Sigh. GT *could* of course do it the other way, the way I originally thought it was set up, and then rewrite all of the IC2 recipes to use the GT item... but yes, I see that this is a lot more work.

I still say the name collision should be addressed somehow. It looks at this point like the thing to do is invent some slightly different naming scheme for the new-to-GregTech inexpensive result of [Iridium Ingot] + Plate Bending Machine => [Somethingorother]. Maybe "Iridium Sheet"?

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 11:24pm

Right; as I said, "One of them is indeed a vanilla IC2 iridium plate; you can make it by the process [Iridium Ore] -> Compressor => [Iridium Ingot] -> Plate Bending Machine => [Iridium Plate]. " That's fine; the IC2 iridium plate and iridium ingot can and should be left alone. You need to make vanilla IC2 iridium plates in order to make other stuff. The "iridium alloy ingot" is *not* an IC2 item, though; that's a new GregTech item, as is the new thing that results when you put one into an implosion compressor. Since they're both added by GT, he's free to handle the naming however he wants. I'm arguing that the best and simplest thing to do is just rename the implosion-compressed one "Iridium Alloy Plate" and *poof* -- all the NEI and player confusion goes away!
... except I'm wrong; I have it backwards. Sorry folks. Looks like GregTech does indeed rewrite the recipe for making the *vanilla* iridium plate, making it much more expensive, and introduces its own cheaper "iridium plate" with simple recipe to use as a staging point. That's what makes it hard to change the name of the expensive product, if I understand the mod interaction properly -- IC2 has named it, so GT can't easily change that.

My guess is that by doing it this way, GregTech makes all of the IC2 recipes based on iridium plates much more expensive "automatically," at the cost of not being able to address the name problem. Sigh. GT *could* of course do it the other way, the way I originally thought it was set up, and then rewrite all of the IC2 recipes to use the GT item... but yes, I see that this is a lot more work.

I still say the name collision should be addressed somehow. It looks at this point like the thing to do is invent some slightly different naming scheme for the new-to-GregTech inexpensive result of [Iridium Ingot] + Plate Bending Machine => [Somethingorother]. Maybe "Iridium Sheet"?

Bent Iridium sounds spiffy! Or Flattened Iridium! Iridium Foil? Iridium Panel? Iridium Disc?

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 11:24pm

@Greg you can search all day long, he didn't update his source code on github the last days so the "hack" isn't on github. so by the way^^

Spyboticsguy

Tree Cutter

• "Spyboticsguy" is male

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 11:29pm

@Greg you can search all day long, he didn't update his source code on github the last days so the "hack" isn't on github. so by the way^^
I'll poke diyo about this - he's perfectly willing to, probably just hasn't gotten around to it.

EDIT: he has updated the github, just not the master branch. I am unsure if the master branch and the version Greg used are identical.

SegFaulter

Leader of Segmentation Industrial Co., Inc.

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 11:29pm

Holy shit Greg, your mod is getting so much hate in my latest changelog video :D:

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=3SWbnIFv8u4

It is what he wants It should be expected. It was once a technology addon, but now it is a Terrafirmacraft-clone with electricity and that G-gear symbol on everything. I see a future similar to that of what is happening to RedPower now, but caused by a different reason...

EDIT: After seeing the video, I agree with the commenters entirely. The changes have gone too far, and I will not include GregTech in my modpack/server someday. Anyone know of an alternative that doesn't make everything insanely/stupidly difficult for no positive reason? If not, I will make an alternative.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "SegFaulter" (Jul 16th 2013, 11:37pm)

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 11:45pm

Quoted

[INFO] [STDERR] The GregTech-Addon has a Problem.
[INFO] [STDERR] IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!! Below is how to fix it.
[INFO] [STDERR] Another Mod (very likely Tinkers Contruct) decided to ACTIVELY break a fully configurable Feature of GregTech. Please report this to said Mod Author (very likely mDiyo) and not to me, as I can't do anything against that misbehavior. If the detection of breaking my Features, results in incompatibility between said Mod and GregTech, then I don't care.
[INFO] [STDERR] DO NOT COME TO ME WITH THIS CRASH. YOU CAUSED IT YOURSELF, AND I TOLD YOU HOW TO FIX IT!!!
[SEVERE] [Minecraft-Server] Encountered an unexpected exception GT_ItsNotMyFaultException

You purposely crash the Server, and you have the nerve to say it is not your fault? Yeah nah, you are a Cunt.

GregoriusT

Leader of GregTech Intergalactical

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • "GregoriusT" started this thread

Tuesday, July 16th 2013, 11:48pm

Its a standard Exception, which I throw when something wrong happens, and I am not responsible for that. The only thing I change from Error to Error is the third Line.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad,
I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

Bugreports belong to the GregTech Thread. Any PM regarding Bugs or Support will get Ignored.
Especially those prefixed by a stupid Friend request.

GregTech now in OPEN BETA

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 12:22am

So about that overridden recipes thing: Apparantly mDiyo left a guy called 'GregoriousT' a message in the code when that person joins. You should take a look at that event and what unfolds after that:

onPlayerLogin @ TPlayerHandler.java, newest .jar from the forum,

also modRecipes @ TContent.java

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor and GT Public Relations Manager

• "SpwnX" is male

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 1:34am

So about that overridden recipes thing: Apparantly mDiyo left a guy called 'GregoriousT' a message in the code when that person joins. You should take a look at that event and what unfolds after that:

What a nice thing, that is the second targeted code for Greg i've seen.
Hopefully TC and GT will remain compatible.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 1:44am

Hopefully they

Hopefully they don't, and people will have to choose between Greg and TiC. I for one will be choosing Tinkers Construct as it is a far better mod made by a far more talented modder that has a modicum of respect for those that deserve it. Unlike auld Greggy here that throws his teddy out of the pram as soon as someone decides to do to his mod what he has been doing to others since... oh, since Gregtech first became a thing!

"I can do it but you can't!"

You crash peoples game for no good reason, that makes you a tit. Please keep making these assinine changes though, it will be so much fun to see your fanboys drop your mod like the bad smell it has always been.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lambert2191" (Jul 17th 2013, 2:01am)

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor and GT Public Relations Manager

• "SpwnX" is male

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 2:24am

Hopefully they don't, and people will have to choose between Greg and TiC. I for one will be choosing Tinkers Construct as it is a far better mod made by a far more talented modder that has a modicum of respect for those that deserve it. Unlike auld Greggy here that throws his teddy out of the pram as soon as someone decides to do to his mod what he has been doing to others since... oh, since Gregtech first became a thing!

You crash peoples game for no good reason, that makes you a tit. Please keep making these assinine changes though, it will be so much fun to see your fanboys drop your mod like the bad smell it has always been.
I will defend GT till its death, because i like it, it has never done things i consider wrong, it is only responding to other modders bad behavior towards GT like mDiyo (and immibis) :
TC "hacked" into GT recipes trying to force disable a nerf (even though the nerf can be disabled via config), so GT responded with a crash.
You know by this message : "Tinkers Contruct decided to ACTIVELY break a fully configurable Feature of GregTech.",

All other changes are always reversible via the config, and if it is not, it is either an exploit (tin buckets/bronze) or will be reversible, if you ask for a config.
GT only changes IC², BC Quarry, Forestry bronze (exploit), UE plates [Compatibility buff] and Vanilla. These are all reversible if you like creative survival mode.

Playing with GT since V1.0 (initial release, with only the mythical lightning rod), made me a great fan of it. Seeing it grow from a simple block to generate energy to a whole tech tree was nice.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 2:32am

I will defend GT till its death, because i like it, it has never done things i consider wrong, it is only responding to other modders bad behavior towards GT like mDiyo (and immibis) :
TC "hacked" into GT recipes trying to force disable a nerf (even though the nerf can be disabled via config), so GT responded with a crash.
You know by this message : "Tinkers Contruct decided to ACTIVELY break a fully configurable Feature of GregTech.",

All other changes are always reversible via the config, and if it is not, it is either an exploit (tin buckets/bronze) or will be reversible, if you ask for a config.
GT only changes IC², BC Quarry, Forestry bronze (exploit), UE plates [Compatibility buff] and Vanilla. These are all reversible if you like creative survival mode.

Playing with GT since V1.0 (initial release, with only the mythical lightning rod), made me a great fan of it. Seeing it grow from a simple block to generate energy to a whole tech tree was nice.
I honestly don't know why so many people hate Greg and GregTech with such a passion. It is THE single most configurable mod I have ever come across, and I've been playing Minecraft for years now. People don't have to play with it, and if they do, they can change it to meet their desires. If players of specific servers don't like it, they should be pouring their hate onto the server's owner, not Greg.

I love GregTech as a mod, as it adds a hell of a lot of progression, which in turn gives a wonderful sense of achievement and accomplishment, as you reach your first Advanced Machine Casing or Dragon Egg Syphon.

DrRed

Zoo Keeper at GregTech Intergalactical

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 2:34am

Good ol' Richard has this to say:
https://twitter.com/richardg867/status/357301866222194688

What a richard ;)

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 3:00am

I would like to point out that mDiyo did not "hack" Gregtech's recipes. TinkersConstruct simply added a "new" recipe that turns 1 log into 4 planks, the recipe Gregtech uses is still there.

Also I would like to point out there is code within Gregtech that forces a player named "mDiyo" or "immibis" to constantly wear a pumpkin labeled "Pumpkin of Shame" and changes there username to "*Wearing Pumpkin of Shame*".

r00teniy

Tin Miner

• "r00teniy" is male

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 3:03am

I honestly don't know why so many people hate Greg and GregTech with such a passion.
Well, they want to play creative while still remain in survival mode :)

DrRed

Zoo Keeper at GregTech Intergalactical

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 3:12am

RG has no idea what he's talking about...
https://twitter.com/richardg867/status/357321048540184577

Jagoly

The King Penguin

• "Jagoly" is male

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 3:16am

Hopefully they

Get back to the FTB forums where you can dwell in your ignorance.

On the topic of Tinker's Construct:
I've wanted to remove it from my server for ages now, as I plain and simple don't like it. I miss vanilla enchanting, one of the many aspects of minecraft that it completely removes. I've had to keep it because some of the other players like it. I can perhaps use this arse move from mDiyo to get rid of it.

mDiyo is frankly a bit of a twit from what I've seen.

Edit: It seems RG is actually reading this thread. Let's see what he thinks.
My very own Role Playing Game Engine! Python and Pyglet! Works on Linux, Windows, and (probably) Mac!
https://launchpad.net/jagolyrpg

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Jagoly" (Jul 17th 2013, 3:23am)

r00teniy

Tin Miner

• "r00teniy" is male

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 3:21am

The only thing that is hilarious is the fact that all these haters still use GT, coz if they wasn't why would they even care about compatibility issues :)

Counter:

Hits today: 22,216 | Hits yesterday: 25,107 | Hits record: 111,506 | Hits total: 34,335,305