You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 2:34pm

So... What's up next?

TDC is pretty much finished, only a few more chapters to write. I can already confirm there will be no 4th chapter or a direct 'sequel', given TDC itself is the prequel of the whole Daina-background (sort of).

Currently I'm trying to figure out what to write next (as a more developed story, not counting all the minor 10page sidejabs). And given you people are actually supposed to read what I write, why not gather a few ideas?

What genre? Scifi? Fantasy? Something realistic for once?
Where does the store take place? Daina? Future? Serpia? Present?
Themes to be included? Dragons? Vampires? Mechas? Zombies? Alines? Psychotic rabbits trying to build a tower to the moon?

Throw me some bones (aka ideas), maybe my mind picks up an idea and produces a storyline from it :P
Greetz,
Alblaka

Barumann

Walking disaster

• "Barumann" is male

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 5:10pm

Try sciencefiction/realistic hybridisation? eg genetic experiments gone wrong? Where the hero(ine) discovers a truth long lost since hidden by the govs xD

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 7:21pm

Try sciencefiction/realistic hybridisation? eg genetic experiments gone wrong? Where the hero(ine) discovers a truth long lost since hidden by the govs xD

That would pretty much hit 'Deus Ex Electrica'. An old story I designed a few years ago, but never found a good consistent storyline ^^'
Greetz,
Alblaka

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 8:16pm

Hmmm, I think i would like to see something in Darakeyn. It seems like a fine place for an adventure of sorts :)

CrafterOfMines57

Miner Of Diamond

• "CrafterOfMines57" is male

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 11:14pm

Just to confirm, have you dropped the junk story?
Is the answer to this question no?

Quoted

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

Friday, October 5th 2012, 12:26am

Probably going to pick this up later on, maybe not. Since I've got loads of words already, I will lock the thread until I come to actually use some of them.

As I said.
I write what comes to my mind, if people throw REALLY difficult junk at me and my creativity doesn't speak to me, I can hardly do anything :P
Greetz,
Alblaka

Neopython

The man with the golden axe.

Netherlands

Friday, October 5th 2012, 10:21am

If you need a story, I got one that you can write from your point of view :)
I'm not much of a writer and I never finished the story.
This was in my high school years.
The imagination was there but I didnt had the motivation to write.

I have the plot, characters, race's, world, religion, magic style.
Its a 3 part story like lord of the rings.

If you are interested I can give/help you with it.
Maybe you can give a nice twist to it and it can become a good story.

Btw I'm a big fan of TDC. Love the story.

Friday, October 5th 2012, 12:04pm

I'm not sure whether completing a foreign pre-defined story would work out well...
A friend of mine already tried to push me into writing a dual-story (two authors writing chapters individually), but we didn't make it past the first few pages...
Greetz,
Alblaka

Neopython

The man with the golden axe.

Netherlands

Friday, October 5th 2012, 12:34pm

I'm not sure whether completing a foreign pre-defined story would work out well...
A friend of mine already tried to push me into writing a dual-story (two authors writing chapters individually), but we didn't make it past the first few pages...
Its not like dual story writing.
Only if you need some inspiration about a new world and stuff.
I'm not working on it anymore and also not planning on doing it in the future but maybe its usfull for your new story?

Friday, October 5th 2012, 9:04pm

I have been on normal servers, and they can get pretty entertaining, so I would imagine that an IC Squared sever could generate enough data for a story.
A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

Friday, October 5th 2012, 11:31pm

I have been on normal servers, and they can get pretty entertaining, so I would imagine that an IC Squared sever could generate enough data for a story.

I've seen people trying to write games into stories a few times.
Usually I respectfully averted my eyes and did not destroy their hopes by telling them the stories were utter... you can guess what word goes here.

Eventually it's possible to write Minecraft-content into stories... but since Minecraft is focussed around mining, processing and then constructing stuff, less about actual action/ adventure...
Greetz,
Alblaka

Saturday, October 6th 2012, 2:03am

True, but I am sure that if you watch bitter rivals long enough, you will find something to write about. ( :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Mining Laser: )
A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

T10a

Ghost of IC2 Past

• "T10a" is male

Saturday, October 6th 2012, 9:48pm

Eventually it's possible to write Minecraft-content into stories... but since Minecraft is focussed around mining, processing and then constructing stuff, less about actual action/ adventure...
What about a sci-fi Minecraft, quantum suits and mining laser spam galore, frame-powered spaceships blasting each other into the Void with Mining Laser deployers, drilling for valuable Diamonds and Iron for more weapons of mass TNT spam, and private bickering amongst companies IndustrialCorp, PahiCraft Incorporated, Gregtech Intergalactical, and other companies, and bold soldiers fighting for their lives against hordes of hostile mobs...

I don't now

IC1-expert (not as good as The Allmighty Dragonlord Modderator Alblaka, but still...)

• "I don't now" is male

Saturday, October 6th 2012, 11:33pm

What about a sci-fi Minecraft, quantum suits and mining laser spam galore, frame-powered spaceships blasting each other into the Void with Mining Laser deployers, drilling for valuable Diamonds and Iron for more weapons of mass TNT spam, and private bickering amongst companies IndustrialCorp, PahiCraft Incorporated, Gregtech Intergalactical, and other companies, and bold soldiers fighting for their lives against hordes of hostile mobs...
PLEASE!!! PLEASE, ALLMIGHTY DRAGON LORD MODDERATOR!!! *calming down a bit*
This idea gets... :Uranium Ingot: uranium! Why uranium? BECAUSE IT LOOKS FRIKKIN COOL! Got it? Idea looks frikkin cool and uranium looks frikkin cool! *calming down a bit more*
I like this idea. Just imagine it! Stories about Minecraft PLUS Science Fiction PLUS the best graphics in the world (not counting reality)! *calming down*
Sorry for my not perfect English, my native language is German. If I made any mistakes, please tell me.
The "now" in "I don't now" is intended.
I pretty much stopped playing Minecraft for Kerbal Space Program and you should do the same!

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Monday, October 8th 2012, 12:12am

Quoted

PLEASE!!! PLEASE, ALLMIGHTY DRAGON LORD MODDERATOR!!! *calming down a bit*
This idea gets... :Uranium Ingot: uranium! Why uranium? BECAUSE IT LOOKS FRIKKIN COOL! Got it? Idea looks frikkin cool and uranium looks frikkin cool! *calming down a bit more*
I like this idea. Just imagine it! Stories about Minecraft PLUS Science Fiction PLUS the best graphics in the world (not counting reality)! *calmi
ng down*
And put some Spambots stuff (Get it from here : Diary of last survivors of the spambot apocalypse ) in that story and it will be perfect
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Shalashalska

That guy who edit's Alblaka's books

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 3:07am

I would think that Daina, except a long time later, in a steampunk era, would make for a rather interesting story. As in, demons/angels and magic, etc, but steampunk.

Quoted

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 12:57am

I have resumed working on an particulary old (1-2 years) story of mine and are progressing nicely.
You can exspect a new 1xx page novel somewhen along the next 1-2 months, I would guess.

And yes, it does contain a failed military experiment :P And a sexy girl, BOOYA!
PS: Oh, and it's not 'Deus Ex Electrica', but a story labelled 'Afterdusk'.
Greetz,
Alblaka

Counter:

Hits today: 23,772 | Hits yesterday: 34,655 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 64,991,081