You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 23rd 2012, 1:19am

Reactor Planner for v1.106

Okay, so here's the first apperance of the planner for the new reactor system:

Woo Hoo! *click*

Needless to say, the old design codes will not work on this one ;)

Things to note:

Bugs! (as of v1.106
- Dual/Quad uranium cells in-game currently expire twice/four-times as fast, the planner will assume they run for their intented duration.
- Heat Exchangers placed in a possition where it is processed before /any/ type of plating will work with incorrect values. At worst this could lead to exchangers melting in game when the planner says they shouldn't.
- Exchagers dealing with tiny amounts of heat (1 to 2% of maximum) will sometimes add a few points of heat to the reactor, this is minor and won't lead to any explosions but it may extend the cooling time just a little bit.

New bits
- A new yellow component indicator will now highlight items that the planner assumes will be replaced (for Condensator, Reflectors and Isotope cells) and will also highlight Vents that arn't cooling as much as they could.
- The two numbers next to 'Vent cooling' means: Actual cooling (Maximum cooling)
- The long forgotten 'Efficiency Rating' has made an appearance, ranging from 'EE' (Efficiency 1) to 'EA*' (Efficiency 7)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Talonius" (Sep 23rd 2012, 1:24am)

Kane Hart

Godcraft.Com Administrator

Canada

Sunday, September 23rd 2012, 1:26am

Once again very nice job :) Now where do we buy the man a sticky :)
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

RealEyesRealLies

Bottom-feeder

• "RealEyesRealLies" is male

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Sunday, September 23rd 2012, 4:53am

glad to see this new planner. lots of components :))
IC² Bottom-feeder
MinecraftGhast

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Sunday, September 23rd 2012, 8:21am

- Heat Exchangers placed in a possition where it is processed before /any/ type of plating will work with incorrect values. At worst this could lead to exchangers melting in game when the planner says they shouldn't.
- Exchagers dealing with tiny amounts of heat (1 to 2% of maximum) will sometimes add a few points of heat to the reactor, this is minor and won't lead to any explosions but it may extend the cooling time just a little bit.
Thats, why i used the IC²-API for my own Reactorplanner. :D

But, It's much easier to make an Ingamereactorplanner, than an Onlineversion so, nice Job.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Sunday, September 23rd 2012, 11:01am

Super-glued.

Sunday, September 23rd 2012, 12:11pm

Big thanks for the upgrade, Talonius!!

Sunday, September 23rd 2012, 6:01pm

A couple updates:
- The timing slider has been re-enabled, allowing you to limit the generation time of a design, the cooldown time will adjust accoringly.
- 'SUC' info pane repurposed, it now displays Condensator and replaced components info.

Monday, September 24th 2012, 12:50am

Can you please display exploding, melting, boiling and current(based on slider) temperature of hull?

Monday, September 24th 2012, 2:14am

Can you please display exploding, melting, boiling and current(based on slider) temperature of hull?

You can get most of that info off the bar at the top, where the classification is displayed, it has a tooltip.

Monday, September 24th 2012, 2:25am

Good, but quite unintuitive. Can you write it in some more visible place, please?

Monday, September 24th 2012, 3:06am

There seems to be a major bug: I calculated a design having 264 cooling, yet it claims that there is only 260.

Edit: I missed the part about spreadvents not being consistent about cooling.
A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

Monday, September 24th 2012, 6:07pm

Could a "core transfer" field be added in the info panel, along the lines of the Vent Cooling stat? Listing the total heat extracted from the hull (by heat exchangers and heat vents) and the total possible (since exchangers can opt to use less than their maximum).

I know this would be a more awkward statistic (since heat exchangers can also transfer heat *into* the hull, and I dunno how you'd want to integrate that), but it would be a very very helpful one to me. It's partly for making breeders (since they seem to have greater stability when balanced around core transfer than around cooling), but also just for general reactor design.

Monday, September 24th 2012, 11:00pm

I tried to add something to the Breeder info pane, not sure how much help it'd be though.

Rekalty

Apprentice Excavator

• "Rekalty" is male
  • Denmark

Tuesday, September 25th 2012, 3:09pm

If at all possible, being able to see descriptions and names of components would be great!

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 2:25am

Another nice option would be the chance to view the status of the reactor at different points in time, so we could get a more thorough look at what components might melt and in which order, or what state the components would be in at a given point in time.

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 2:56am

The planner stops the EU generation phase if the core reaches 85% heat or if a component melts. But to stop the phase early there's the Time Limit slider under the component icons.

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 4:12am

Apparently, that got added sometime since the last time I looked at the planner.

I feel like a goof now.

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 5:54pm

I think numbers for effectivity is better. You can look at it and know immediately how many kk eu you will get per single uranium cell.

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 6:30pm

Is there a chance that you could release that planner open source? Beside that it could take some work off you, it might be interesting to learn how you did that.

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 12:57pm

I daren't realease that monstrocity out into the wild, it's got more jury-rigged and patched in code than planned code, heh. The damned thing really needs a re-write now that the system has changed quite a bit. :P

Counter:

Hits today: 14,378 | Hits yesterday: 1,368 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,310,469