You are not logged in.

IC2 Experimental builds (jenkins):
v2.0/2.1/2.2 / 2.3 / 2.5 / 2.6 (For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.4 / 1.10)
IndustrialCraft² recent version: v1.117! (For Minecraft 1.5.2 → topic)

Dear visitor, welcome to IC² Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 14th 2013, 7:28pm

Language Files

IC2 supports shipping language files now, we need your help to translate it to the various languages.

Please create a thread per language and attach the properties file. The file name is using the same country codes as vanilla Minecraft, the file extension is properties instead of lang. Language files have to be encoded using UTF-8. Using Notepad++ and setting it to UTF-8 is recommended if you are on Windows.

I'll add the properties files to the usual IC2 download/distribution, posting in this area implies you giving permissions to do so.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Player" (Jun 28th 2013, 6:24am)

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 1:18am

So the removed lang support got back added? Awesome.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

skavier470

Lead Community Manager of HAYO Corp.

• "skavier470" is male
  • Germany Sweden

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 12:46pm

I think we definitly need this language:

HAYO!
Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

wasmic

Mad Scientist, but not as mad as Greg.

• "wasmic" is male

Location: Minecraftia, making a final stand against the spambots!

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 4:06pm

Yes. HAYOish should be a chooseable language. Someone (I think it was I Don't Now) made a HAYO language pack sometime.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 4:37pm

I would translate IC² to portuguese-br, if it didn't glitch when adding vowels with these : `, ´ , ~ ^ and "ç" letter.
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 5:56pm

It should work if you encode the file in UTF-8, Notepad++ and others allow you to explicitly do so.

I don't now

IC1-expert (not as good as The Allmighty Dragonlord Modderator Alblaka, but still...)

• "I don't now" is male

Sunday, June 16th 2013, 12:12pm

Yes. HAYOish should be a chooseable language. Someone (I think it was I Don't Now) made a HAYO language pack sometime.

Don't worry, I'm working on updating it.
Sorry for my not perfect English, my native language is German. If I made any mistakes, please tell me.
The "now" in "I don't now" is intended.
I pretty much stopped playing Minecraft for Kerbal Space Program and you should do the same!

SpwnX

IC² Creative Content Inventor, GT Public Relations Manager and your lovely forum moderator

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Monday, June 17th 2013, 3:30am

Don't feel like installing notepad ++ or like, someone do it.
Portuguese-BR translations by user "thatsit" , with some corrections/additions by me.
SpwnX has attached the following file:
  • pt_BR.rar (4.48 kB - 132 times downloaded - latest: Feb 12th 2017, 12:58am)
We need people to document GregTech, help us by joining the FTB wiki team: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_6

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SpwnX" (Jun 17th 2013, 12:06pm)

Adapt

Tree Cutter

• "Adapt" is male

Monday, June 17th 2013, 10:41am

Russian translation.
Original creator is unknown.
I've only updated it for new builds with some corrections and additions.
ru_RU.rar

GregoriusT

inactive IC² Dev but still active GT Dev

• "GregoriusT" is male
  • Germany

Monday, June 17th 2013, 2:06pm

Did you know that there is a whole Localization Forum? You might wanna set up some Threads.
I don't say, your "insert whatever here" is bad, I'm only showing possibilities for making it better.

GregTech Website

Patreon really helps me out, so if you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it full time, why not?

GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.

I'm also reachable on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account to contact me, for example. ;)
(I'm there almost every day, but only when I'm at my own computer, and yes you can drop bugs there too)

Monday, June 17th 2013, 6:02pm

Yes a thread per language would be useful for further additions/changes.

SpwnX

• "SpwnX" is male
  • Brazil

Monday, June 17th 2013, 7:22pm

I've posted it here cause i'm lazy to create a new thread with an "incomplete" lang-file (requires edit to integrate special characters).

I don't now

IC1-expert (not as good as The Allmighty Dragonlord Modderator Alblaka, but still...)

• "I don't now" is male

Tuesday, June 18th 2013, 7:47pm

You wanted it, so I updated it for you: I don't now's HI-JOE language pack!
Currently still in the "pending addons" subforum, unfortunately.
Sorry for my not perfect English, my native language is German. If I made any mistakes, please tell me.
I pretty much stopped playing Minecraft for Kerbal Space Program and you should do the same!

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 12:17am

Hmm I'll have to add something to make use of languages which aren't included in vanilla minecraft.

I don't now

• "I don't now" is male

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 12:21am

Hmm I'll have to add something to make use of languages which aren't included in vanilla minecraft.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to not having to overwrite original files if and when that gets added.

Friday, October 4th 2013, 4:17pm

Can you make a github project for translations? (Like lots of other mods). So everyone can update files more easily and you can automatically add the translation files to IC 2 (sript) without looking at every thread...

Pd: I can make the project if you want.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "francogp" (Oct 5th 2013, 5:35am)

Tuesday, December 15th 2015, 6:11pm

How can we find the original lang file to translate? It's the en_US? en_GB? what is the original to translate all ids?

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 15th 2015, 8:32pm

en_US. en_GB should be quite close but it's probably missing the new ones as I've not updated it that recently.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Tuesday, December 15th 2015, 9:28pm

en_US. en_GB should be quite close but it's probably missing the new ones as I've not updated it that recently.
so how can I find all with the new ones? You updated recently, but when? I need a lang file with all resource ids and in english

Chocohead

Drowning in mods.

• "Chocohead" is male
  • Korea, Democratic People's Republic of United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 15th 2015, 9:59pm

Just use en_US then. It's the physically most up-to-date as that's the one that's changed first when things are added/changed/removed.
145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Counter:

Hits today: 23,500 | Hits yesterday: 80,423 | Hits record: 152,331 | Hits total: 65,188,191