[Addon][1.6.4][IC2 Experimental] IC2Stuff

• I've been looking into ways of adding a few extra slots for upgrades to the workbench without cluttering the UI, but i'm not sure what the best route would be to add them in yet. The device its self doesn't actually store any energy as it relies on the tools, but I can see how an internal buffer or higher input EU could be useful for increased charging speeds. This is on my To Do list, but is likely going to be a few major versions away.

I'm currently working on cleaning up the code and preparing my game plan for 1.7, but i've managed to add in the Luminator Controller(recharge and control up to 36 Luminators wirelessly) and a variable Electric Engine (eu to mj with a truly variable output) to throw some of that extra EU into!

The Luminator Controller does not alter the EU consumption of the Luminators, though it does eliminate the cable loss aspect at the cost of a slightly higher material investment. They still require .25EU/t to run but this is supplied to all of them via the Controller. All linked Luminators can be toggled via a red stone signal to the Controller, so it can be paired with a Daylight Sensor to automatically turn them on at night and off in the day.

• I've been looking into ways of adding a few extra slots for upgrades to the workbench without cluttering the UI, but i'm not sure what the best route would be to add them in yet. The device its self doesn't actually store any energy as it relies on the tools, but I can see how an internal buffer or higher input EU could be useful for increased charging speeds. This is on my To Do list, but is likely going to be a few major versions away.

I'm currently working on cleaning up the code and preparing my game plan for 1.7, but i've managed to add in the Luminator Controller(recharge and control up to 36 Luminators wirelessly) and a variable Electric Engine (eu to mj with a truly variable output) to throw some of that extra EU into!

The Luminator Controller does not alter the EU consumption of the Luminators, though it does eliminate the cable loss aspect at the cost of a slightly higher material investment. They still require .25EU/t to run but this is supplied to all of them via the Controller. All linked Luminators can be toggled via a red stone signal to the Controller, so it can be paired with a Daylight Sensor to automatically turn them on at night and off in the day.

There's no hurry for the upgrades, you can get by making the regular transformers for now.

The luminator sounds great! I have always wanted to use the luminators, but the cabling makes it too impractical. I can't wait to try this out!

• With the latest updated (1.9.12), the electric engine did not render properly for me when I placed it. This may be caused by Optifine, but other engines and blocks from other mods (mostly Reika's RotaryCraft) started rendering oddly. Also, the electric engine breaks with one hit, and if you break it by hand, it does not drop.

• With the latest updated (1.9.12), the electric engine did not render properly for me when I placed it. This may be caused by Optifine, but other engines and blocks from other mods (mostly Reika's RotayrCraft) started rendering oddly. Also, the electric engine breaks with one hit, and if you break it by hand, it does not drop.

I pushed 1.9.13 which changes the hardness of the electric engine so that it should not break as easily, that should make it take a while to break by hand now. I will look into the engine rendering bug, but I believe you may be correct that it has something to do with Optifine as I did not experience the issue when I used the rotarycraft engines next to the electric engine without Optifine. I will install Optifine later today and start doing some testing to see if I can figure that one out!

• I pushed 1.9.13 which changes the hardness of the electric engine so that it should not break as easily, that should make it take a while to break by hand now. I will look into the engine rendering bug, but I believe you may be correct that it has something to do with Optifine as I did not experience the issue when I used the rotarycraft engines next to the electric engine without Optifine. I will install Optifine later today and start doing some testing to see if I can figure that one out!

Thanks :) I wasn't expecting to get a response on the same day :p

I also noticed odd engine renders on buildcraft and railcraft engines.

• Did you change the way you render things? I ask because on 1.8.0, I had no render problems at all, but from 1.9.12 onwards, rotarycraft and a few other mods (like buildcraft and railcraft) have had all sorts of screwy renders and textures. If you did change your rendering, could you maybe change it back to the way from 1.8.0?

• If you place a copper plate in the input slot, select the laser cutter, it shows that it will make 2 copper wire. If you shift click the copper wire to make all, instead of making the wire it makes copper item casings. If you click the wire to make just one, it also changes to copper item casings.

My guess is you have it coded for the hammer, and not the laser cutter (copy paste is bad!).

• I had 3 descriptors in the wireless lighting thingy. I wanted to move it. I was shift clicking each descriptor to add it to my inventory, and when there was one left and I shift clicked it, it crashed my client.

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at slashhacker.ic2stuff.FlexibleSlot.func_82869_a(FlexibleSlot.java:47)
    at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.func_75144_a(SourceFile:191)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78753_a(PlayerControllerMP.java:473)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_74191_a(GuiContainer.java:886)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.sendMouseClick(GuiContainer.java:891)
    at codechicken.nei.forge.DefaultSlotClickHandler.handleSlotClick(DefaultSlotClickHandler.java:17)
    at codechicken.nei.forge.GuiContainerManager.handleMouseClick(GuiContainerManager.java:442)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73864_a(GuiContainer.java:615)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73867_d(SourceFile:128)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_73867_d(GuiContainer.java:1009)
    at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73862_m(SourceFile:107)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1566)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

• Added null value checks to short-circuit the condition, this bug should be fixed in the next release.

• Did you change the way you render things? I ask because on 1.8.0, I had no render problems at all, but from 1.9.12 onwards, rotarycraft and a few other mods (like buildcraft and railcraft) have had all sorts of screwy renders and textures. If you did change your rendering, could you maybe change it back to the way from 1.8.0?

The electric engine was added in that version which requires custom rendering for the animation. There should not be anything in the rendering code that messes with other blocks in the game. Have you tried to run the game with just ic2stuff installed to see if the glitches happen when other mods are not present?

Also, can you post a screen shot of what you see when the rendering is glitched? I've tried the mod with and without optifine and i've also ran it with rotarycraft, buildcraft, and railcraft with various types of engines and a few of the rotarycraft engines, gears, and machines but i've not ran across this problem in my testing yet. Keep in mind that i'm not saying there isn't a glitch, but i've just not been able to experience it to determine a route to take to debug it. A screen shot may help point me in the right direction.

• If you place a copper plate in the input slot, select the laser cutter, it shows that it will make 2 copper wire. If you shift click the copper wire to make all, instead of making the wire it makes copper item casings. If you click the wire to make just one, it also changes to copper item casings.

My guess is you have it coded for the hammer, and not the laser cutter (copy paste is bad!).

Actually, the operation isn't hard coded but simply adds both items to an inventory and uses the result of the crafting to determine what item is added to the output slot. It would be the same as actually combining the two together in a crafting table. This sounds more like an issue with the client and server being out of sync, where the client showed a different tool index than the server. I'll take a look at the code tomorrow and see if anything jumps out that would cause it to get out of sync.

• The electric engine was added in that version which requires custom rendering for the animation. There should not be anything in the rendering code that messes with other blocks in the game. Have you tried to run the game with just ic2stuff installed to see if the glitches happen when other mods are not present?

Also, can you post a screen shot of what you see when the rendering is glitched? I've tried the mod with and without optifine and i've also ran it with rotarycraft, buildcraft, and railcraft with various types of engines and a few of the rotarycraft engines, gears, and machines but i've not ran across this problem in my testing yet. Keep in mind that i'm not saying there isn't a glitch, but i've just not been able to experience it to determine a route to take to debug it. A screen shot may help point me in the right direction.

Here are 3 screenshots of my rendering issues.
    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2iht7j9.jpg
    http://oi39.tinypic.com/10fw2a0.jpg
    http://oi40.tinypic.com/dra2b7.jpg (this is supposed to be a Chemical Synthesis Machine and a Chemical Decomposer from Minechem).

• Here are 3 screenshots of my rendering issues.
    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2iht7j9.jpg
    http://oi39.tinypic.com/10fw2a0.jpg
    http://oi40.tinypic.com/dra2b7.jpg (this is supposed to be a Chemical Synthesis Machine and a Chemical Decomposer from Minechem).

I've been seeing the same thing as well. It never happens right away, it seems to manifest after I play for some time first. To fix, I just exit all the way out of java, then start minecraft again.

• I've been seeing the same thing as well. It never happens right away, it seems to manifest after I play for some time first. To fix, I just exit all the way out of java, then start minecraft again.

This does indeed fix the problem, but only temporarily, and I really don't feel like relaunching minecraft every 15 minutes :p thanks for the suggestion, though.

• ther is no way to craft you mashins with gregtech bu i like you mod can you rigister you iron playts in oredict?

thx 4 you mod :)

• This does indeed fix the problem, but only temporarily, and I really don't feel like relaunching minecraft every 15 minutes :p thanks for the suggestion, though.

I know the rendering glitch is a frustrating bug guys and I've been trying to sort it out. I believe that I've identified a possible cause(texture memory leak) and fixed it, but as I've not been able to reproduce the issue on my machine(I've been playing for hours on end with optifine enabled and i've messed with various settings), I can't make any promises! 1.9.17 will include the changes, so hopefully they will give you some relief.

I've also added a few requested options for server admins to tweak the Electric Engine for balance. Originally, it used a flat conversion rate and hard coded maximum EU for each tier. This has been changed so that admins can now limit the maximum tier(0-5), limit the maximum EU allowed for a given tier, and set individual conversion rates for each tier. All of the new values are configurable via the config file.

Additionally, the default values for the Electric Engine has changed so that for each transformer upgrade added, the cost increases. The default conversion rates are as follows in EU:MJ: 6:2, 8:2, 10:2, 12:2, 16:2, 18:2. The maximum EU allowed for each tier is as follows: 32, 32, 128, 512, 1024, 2048. Each transformer upgrade added to the machine increases the tier by 1 and an engine without any upgrades is considered tier 0. If tier 0's maximum EU is set below 32, the machine will still report a maximum safe input EU of 32 to keep from exploding with LV setups.

The issue with the client UI's not synching with stand-alone server instances should be fixed after a change to the packet handling object that I use. This should fix many issues with the Electric Engine and the Industrial Workbench for these servers.

• ther is no way to craft you mashins with gregtech bu i like you mod can you rigister you iron playts in oredict?

thx 4 you mod :)

I will try to get this added in the next release. I've not tested the mod with Gregtech yet, so I may play around with that next week!

• Awesome, I'll give it a look. Hopefully it'll all look just fine. If not, I still thank you for the hard work in fixing it, and I'll just leave IC2 Stuff until I can upgrade my pc so I can get rid of Optifine once and for all (the sooner the better :p )

• Official Post

Bug with Gregtech recipes: http://pastebin.com/6Qkgu3mV

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.