[1.6.4] | Registration | Survival | Mod Pack (List Inside) | FML 953 - "Saga"

• It appears that its not the tablets, its the smelteries. After putting the controllers back on them, the problem popped back up the next time the chunk loaded. Went in and broke all the controllers again, problem went away after about a minute.

The tablet was misleading because it was attached to a smeltery. I'm 100% done with smelteries until the bugs are fixed with them. Iron hasn't worked, the drains randomly stop pouring into basins, nuggets stop melting causing me to have to remove/readd them manually, and now this lag issue. I'm just going to tear all of my smelteries down and leave'em down.

• It appears that its not the tablets, its the smelteries. After putting the controllers back on them, the problem popped back up the next time the chunk loaded. Went in and broke all the controllers again, problem went away after about a minute.

The tablet was misleading because it was attached to a smeltery. I'm 100% done with smelteries until the bugs are fixed with them. Iron hasn't worked, the drains randomly stop pouring into basins, nuggets stop melting causing me to have to remove/readd them manually, and now this lag issue. I'm just going to tear all of my smelteries down and leave'em down.

I knew it wasn't the tablet by itself, but the combination with other mods. It's possible the tablet could work fine in other situations, but the potential for trouble is too high, it has to stay banned.

It's good to know what not to do with the smelteries. They work fine independently, so I suggest you use it as a stand alone item for now.

• The smelteries bugged out last night without any automation. They are just not stable in many configurations. Maybe it was 9 3 high smelteries being so close together, but whatever it is..it happens just as soon as I finish building the smelteries(placing the controller as the final block) and the chunk is loaded the next time. Personally, i'm just not going to use smelteries at all. IC2 ore processing is better anyway and the tools from the TC are slower than the thaumcraft wands for most jobs, so i'm not going to miss anything from TC.
    Also it doesn't matter to me either way, but the tablets had nothing to do with the problem outside of clicking the drain. The real problem was the redstone timer circuit hitting 3 drains at once with a redstone signal in the oreberry farm while the chunks were still loading, which was still active after the tablet was removed because I had forgotten it was sealed in the wall. That is why removing the tablet initially did not resolve the problem. The issue was a combination of the lag from the drains and whatever is causing the smelteries to lag when they are built so close together. I've been able to reproduce the same effect on my test server with a similar smeltery setup as I was using on Saga which nearly brought the test server to its knees. Anywho, tablets can be banned but you're likely going to have further issues with smelteries on down the road when you get a player that thinks outside the box. Quite simply, they are a ticking time-bomb.

• The smelteries bugged out last night without any automation. They are just not stable in many configurations. Maybe it was 9 3 high smelteries being so close together, but whatever it is..it happens just as soon as I finish building the smelteries(placing the controller as the final block) and the chunk is loaded the next time. Personally, i'm just not going to use smelteries at all. IC2 ore processing is better anyway and the tools from the TC are slower than the thaumcraft wands for most jobs, so i'm not going to miss anything from TC.
    Also it doesn't matter to me either way, but the tablets had nothing to do with the problem outside of clicking the drain. The real problem was the redstone timer circuit hitting 3 drains at once with a redstone signal in the oreberry farm while the chunks were still loading, which was still active after the tablet was removed because I had forgotten it was sealed in the wall. That is why removing the tablet initially did not resolve the problem. The issue was a combination of the lag from the drains and whatever is causing the smelteries to lag when they are built so close together. I've been able to reproduce the same effect on my test server with a similar smeltery setup as I was using on Saga which nearly brought the test server to its knees. Anywho, tablets can be banned but you're likely going to have further issues with smelteries on down the road when you get a player that thinks outside the box. Quite simply, they are a ticking time-bomb.

Have you reported the issue(s)? You should do so, especially if it can be reproduced. I'll keep my eye on new versions of TC for a fix.

• Official Post

Could we get the barrels mod or Steve's carts please :rolleyes:

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Are you looking for a low tech way to store materials?

Yeah, with very little/no AE crystals I'm a long way off an AE system

What do you want to do with Steve's Carts?

Go mining probably, no other method lights the dug area with torches

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Yeah, with very little/no AE crystals I'm a long way off an AE system

Go mining probably, no other method lights the dug area with torches

I will take a look at Steve's Carts. It's been a long time since I last used it.

I increased the cluster of AE Quartz by 2, for new spawns (2 extra will spawn). I'm also going to look (again) at re-popping ores. The last time I tried this, I had numerous issues that I didn't have time to resolve. I will pick a time that the server is not busy, and see if I can get it done.

On another note, I just reviewed all of our mods for updates. I see a few minor fixes, but nothing big, so I don't have a planned date for updating the pack yet.

• Official Post

I increased the cluster of AE Quartz by 2, for new spawns (2 extra will spawn). I'm also going to look (again) at re-popping ores. The last time I tried this, I had numerous issues that I didn't have time to resolve. I will pick a time that the server is not busy, and see if I can get it done.

Still prefer barrels, they can be configed to not hold as much as normal :rolleyes:

I see this too much.

• I have decided to close the server for now. There aren't enough regular players to warrant the costs to keep it up 24/7.

The service will go offline on January 27th.

When I have a solid 1.7 mod pack ready, I will look to the community again to see if there is any interest.

Cheers everyone! :)