2013 Modded Minecraft Advent Calendar: Help Wanted

• If you have been reading the random IC2 chat thread, then you will know that I am currently working on a Advent Calendar for this festive season. Right now I am looking for talented builders and artists to help make this map and possibly a accompanying resource pack.

At the moment, the mod pack consists of

1. Applied Energistics
    2. Ars Magica 2
    3. Atomic Science
    4. Bibliocraft (Will try and get addons working)
    5. Binnie's Mods
    6. Biomes O' Plenty
    7. Buildcraft
    8. Carpenter's Blocks
    9. Code Chicken Core
    10. Compact Solars
    11. DenLib
    12. Extra Utilities
    13. Factorization
    14. Forestry
    15. Greg Tech
    16. Hats + Hats Stand
    17. ICBM (Complete)
    18. IC2 Ex
    19. Iron Chests
    20. Magic Bees
    21. MFFS 3
    22. Mine Factory Reloaded
    23. Mystcraft
    24. NEI
    25. Obsidian Pressure Plates
    26. Open Blocks
    27. Pam's Harvestcraft
    28. Panicle Craft
    29. Plugins for Forestry
    30. Power Crystal's Core
    31. Project Red (Complete)
    32. Railcraft
    33. Steve's Carts 2
    34. Thaumcraft 4
    35. Wireless Redstone (CBE)
    36. (Personally) Zan's Minimap
    37. Forge Multipart
    38. Custom NPC's
    39. Minechem
    40. (Personally) Optifine
    41. Particle Physics

Config Files will be released to the public when closer to launch
    NOTE: In the map, chances are that most of these mods will be used for cosmetics and may not need to be crafted by the player (MAYBE)

ALSO: Christmascraft will be added in assuming that it is updated to 1.6 (or every other mod has updated to 1.7 before release)

If you would like to help, please PM me

EDIT: Because of Technical errors, I'm not going to be able to release the map before December. I will on the other hand have something else made. I am sorry but the map will not save any changes anymore... :(

Side note: Is there a chance that a dedicated area of the forums can be made for maps?

• Official Post

What do you need building? :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The two main priorities at the moment are the hub and the calendar itself. I should note if anyone has any ideas for challenges to do for the days...

• Official Post

So how can I help? Where is the hub??

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• The hub is going to be a fancy wooden house, at the moment it consists of a portion of the front wall and doors. At the moment, I am just looking for builders who can design structures that are nice to look at and functional (no 9x9's). Once the hub and the calendar are built, then builders are free to make what they want as long as it can be related back to the calendar (in the form of challenge/s

• Official Post

(or every other mod has updated to 1.7 before release)

• I never said it would happen, just that it could (when pigs fly, hell freezes over, Nintendo releases Mother 3 outside of Japan and Half Life 3 is released)

• Official Post

Next you'll be telling us Redpower is going to be first mod for 1.7

I see this too much.

• I would like to post a question for you all, using any of the mods specified (along with Christmascraft) what themed challenges should there be and what should the reward for completing the challenge be? You can use any mod and provide any block or item as the reward. The best 24 (if there is more then 24) will be put in to the map. Due date is the 29th of November

• well what about rewards to help with other challenges. this does not have to be a certain item or mod really

• Im sorry, but I have to temporarily cancel the project due to the map no longer saving changes and the constricting time limit. I will work on one for 2014 and get that one released (which should be better as it will have a longer development time). I will release something small as a apologie for this with the intention of it being released before Christmas.

Hey, Half Life 3 is my trademark here!

I'll rephrase that, when Valve learn to count to three

• Im sorry, but I have to temporarily cancel the project due to the map no longer saving changes and the constricting time limit. I will work on one for 2014 and get that one released (which should be better as it will have a longer development time). I will release something small as a apologie for this with the intention of it being released before Christmas.

I'll rephrase that, when Valve learn to count to three

No one there is childish enough to go learn it.