Jetpacks and weather

• Just bringing in the idea that jetpacks could have their movement affected by rain and thunderstorms, such as:
    > Random movement at higher altitudes when raining/thundering
    > Reduced lifting speed/capacity when raining/thundering
    > Drifting due to wind at higher altitudes

This could be something, or it could not. Hope it's opened up possible combinations and effects responding to ingame events such as weather

-Three

• Did you watch Dire's episode from today, where he said that rain should electrocute someone wearing a jet/batpack. :P

• Official Post

Dire is meant to be IC2's PR manager, but said if he could have one mod it would be Redpower :P
    Can't see why raining would electrocute you if you were wearing an insulated jetpack.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Dire is meant to be IC2's PR manager, but said if he could have one mod it would be Redpower :P
    Can't see why raining would electrocute you if you were wearing an insulated jetpack.

Realistically, you would be MUCH more likely to be hit by a lightning (it would go through you as you are a better conductor than air) when you are far above the ground.

• Official Post

Realistically, you would be MUCH more likely to be hit by a lightning (it would go through you as you are a better conductor than air) when you are far above the ground.

Just in case Player does read this, being hit by lightening is a better option to add than being electrocuted. Not both.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• lets make game super stupid by adding 0.1% chance for all tools and devices explode on use!

as you dont know for no reason, jetpack powered by supercapacitators (with completely superconductive electronics) can't be disturbed by rain on altitude of 190 meters.

• Did you watch Dire's episode from today, where he said that rain should electrocute someone wearing a jet/batpack. :P

He's just waiting for his Thaumcraft ez mode flying thingie then he'll ditch the jetpack laughing at us non-magic mod users :D .

lets make game super stupid by adding 0.1% chance for all tools and devices explode on use!

as you dont know for no reason, jetpack powered by supercapacitators (with completely superconductive electronics) can't be disturbed by rain on altitude of 190 meters.

Don't give me ideas, one of my mods already blows up solars(EMP from SF,works for me) with a chance of 1/~5000 rolled every minute. And unloaded chunks wouldn't be saved, you'll still end up with a block of iron where you spammed all those solars when the chunks reload.

• if something provide more power per unit of "effort" there is no reason to make anything that require more "effort".

as long as solars in current implementation present there is no reason to make anything else, full chunk of solars will provide 255 EU\t of free safe energy.

RTG's not alternative due cost+time factor, it much more faster to make 255 solars then reactor and burn\macerate 126 rods for 16 eu\t (current cost is joke actually, also GUI make things harder.