[Port][1.7.10] IC2 Classic by Immibis - now 1.7.10

• So immibis what are your plans, since there is a new ic2 classic for 1.6.4 with addon-compatibility, you will merge your mod to the new ic2, or just keep as always?
    I can't even say something about the other version of ic2 classic because it's for 1.6.4 and i don't touch 1.6.4 since a lot, and i won't do it.
    Also, you will move to RF or that was just an idea?

• RF over EU? Heresy! Burn in a nuclear meltdown you heretic! :P

I have a plan that you can use BigReactors Turbines in combinations with Nuclear Reactors.

To explain it, there will be a Nuclear Reactor that will produce stream instead of EU.
    And the thing is that you have to use cooling parts to create Steam.
    So cooling a reactor with those items that eat redstone or lapis will be useless. At least for PowerProduction....

• I'm in the EU team sir, i never ask "Hey, i wan't RF in ic2, you will do it?", i just ask because he said it one time ;), i was happy with the idea in that time trough - just because you can power a quarry with copper cables, asdasdasd -.
    Also, i'd like to burn in a nuclear reactor, just to feel what steve feels :'(.
    Talking about the old times (we never talk about the old times but i wan't to talk about old times because i'm nostalgic, happy?)...
    ...what happened with the old dw20?, like, his videos are boring, i don't see them anymore, he has been playing 2 different modded mc seasons and he didn't even said Ic2, i don't like enderio and a 85% of his videos features it now :P, today he finally decided to play BC and he call redstone engines "Redstone energy.....thingy".
    C'mon direwolf20, don't be another RF youtuber.

• That is really like the IC2 fluid reactor (on Ic2 experimental), heh. Coolant going here and there, producing heat on exchangers and then boiling steam to run turbines to generate kinetic energy for electricity.

To answer that correctly i checked the source from IC2 exp (note: I used version 654 and 660). And you are not that correct.
    The Result Produce Steam from a Nuclear Reactor is the same.
    But in IC2 Exp it is that you pump fluids in to produce steam. It uses simply the exess heat which you can not get rid of... (At least i did understand it so)
    and make steam out of it. IC2 Team If i told this wrong then correct me please.

But my way is a little bit differend. You use a Nuclear Reactor and make your setup. But instead of using Heat Vents you use Steam Vents (I found no better name <.<)
    They Produce Steam out of the Internal Tank of the Nuclear Reactor and drain a little bit of heat. There are defined numbers for that also so you can math everything out... Normal Rector Components are still useable inside of NuclearReactor (The steam Producer). A couple will be not accepted because of Free EU bugs then...

But that is the idea. So you can make differend Reactor setups... And only Steam Vents produce steam.. everything else wastes heat.

I'm in the EU team sir, i never ask "Hey, i wan't RF in ic2, you will do it?", i just ask because he said it one time ;), i was happy with the idea in that time trough - just because you can power a quarry with copper cables, asdasdasd -.
    Also, i'd like to burn in a nuclear reactor, just to feel what steve feels :'(.
    Talking about the old times (we never talk about the old times but i wan't to talk about old times because i'm nostalgic, happy?)...
    ...what happened with the old dw20?, like, his videos are boring, i don't see them anymore, he has been playing 2 different modded mc seasons and he didn't even said Ic2, i don't like enderio and a 85% of his videos features it now :P, today he finally decided to play BC and he call redstone engines "Redstone energy.....thingy".
    C'mon direwolf20, don't be another RF youtuber.

I personally do not like RF. Some Generators are interesting. But mostly i do not like that RF tries to be the Main energy...
    Then they should make it that forge provides a Global Energy System. (Electricty, Pneumatic, Custom)
    That would make it a lot of better.

And i personally try to avoid RF as much as i can.....
    The only thing i Like From TE3 (creater of RF (if someone do not know)) are Tesseracts.
    They are really good programmed.
    But the Best energy system (energy transfering) is the IC2 1.4.7 (classic) energy System. You can place as much cables as you want the lag will not increase at all....
    The Cables do not tick at all which is perfect. BC, EnderIO, UE,Mekanismen,TE3 cables tick and create lag as more cables you place....

• The Cables do not tick at all which is perfect. BC, EnderIO, UE,Mekanismen,TE3 cables tick and create lag as more cables you place....

I an pretty sure, though I may be wrong, that RF does not have any one enet, or equivalent. It is up to the cables to move power from machine to machine, thus the need to tick.

• I an pretty sure, though I may be wrong, that RF does not have any one enet, or equivalent. It is up to the cables to move power from machine to machine, thus the need to tick.

RF (TE3) Cables: You have 1 generator, 1 machine and 1000 cables between them. Every tick you have 1002 TileEntities that tick.

IC2 (Classic): You have 1 generator, 1 machine, and 1000 cables between them. Every tick you have 2 TileEntities that tick.

Now for the differece between IC2 Exp and IC2 Classic power:
    If you place a cable in IC2 (both) it gets registered in a Network that stores the placed energytiles (sources, conductors, Acceptors).
    Now in IC2 Classic it automaticly generates a path from Energy Sources to Acceptors. Even if you place Cables it tries that.
    (Note: That i can be wrong but i readed the code for a couple hours to understand it)
    Now in IC2 Exp it creates a Node that represent the EnergyTile. That node will be implemented into a grid that calculates the energy transfer. (Now to the really important info: There are the same amount of grids as Placed EnergyTiles.)

Now that covers the Registering.
    Next point is the EnergyCalculation:

IC2 Classic (Immibis version):
    The Generators try to send their energy to an reciver. The Energynet is only as pathfinding there.
    While they send energy it also checks for nearby entities to hurt.
    That will be applied when the main worldTick start.

IC2 Classic (Speigers Version):
    The Energy calculation happends here after everything was calculated. That mean at the end of a worldTick.
    The EnergyNet goes through the List of Energy Sources and fires for them The i want to send energy function (the same as in immibis version) that sends the energy to the Spots where it is required. Only if the can send it.
    Note here: Some blocks like transformers send multible energy packets at the time. So even if you think it is sending 32 EU per tick that is not true it is sending 128 EU per tick but in 4 32 EU packets.

IC2 Exp:
    Now the thing that is extremly Complicated and i can not explain the deep ways of how they do it. I Try give a short cut.
    So after the main world tick is over. (Like IC2 Classic (Speigers Version)) The Energy Net start to calculate.
    So the First thing what the EnergyNet does it goes through every grid and Say finish your calculations. You are simply done and stop. Nothing will happen in there. It is just required for the Restart.

After that it is clearing every Energy Transfer change that happend (for the EU Reader and Explosion(is only a guess because i never saw a explosion code in IC2 Exp!) and Detector cable).

After that is done its done it cycles again through the Grids and say them that the should prepair their calculations.
    Now from here it will be hard to explain what it does:
    Short form it will check for neighboar grids and setup everything what it needs. After that every grid prepaired a thread. Then the cycle ends.

After that cycle it will cycle again through the Grids and tell them that they start to calculate their energy.
    What now every grid does it sends its thread to the ic2 threadpool which will do the calculation while the world is waiting for the next tick.

And here ends the world main tick now.

In the thread pool will happen now the following things:
    It tells the grids to calculate how they send their energy.
    How they do that? I have no clue that includes a big amount of math and calculations.
    How fast they do it and How long it takes? I have no idea. As much as i know it takes to long to calculate it in a normal world to tick.

• Updated (release 1.7.10-7).

New changes:

• Internal API changes, to bring things more in line with IC2 experimental where possible.

• Ore-dictionary saplingRubber can be extracted.

• Sticky resin is registered in the ore dictionary as itemRawRubber.
      It should now be compatible with MFR raw rubber.
      This should work both ways - MFR raw rubber can be tripled by extracting it.

• As a side effect of battery item API changes, full batteries won't fit into charging slots
      and empty batteries won't fit into discharging slots. Since the whole "items not fitting in slots"
      thing is annoying to start with, expect all of these to be abolished in a later version
      if there are no objections.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• And, because of the previously mentioned API changes, some amount of compatibility with IC2 Experimental is now possible!

Install the latest version of IC2 Classic, as well as the mod attached to this post (which you should regard as being experimental and unstable), and some IC2 addons.

It seems to work with at least my Advanced Machines and Advanced Repulsion Systems. Please report any mods that don't work, and any crashes you get.

Files

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Immibis how did you solve the IMetaDelegate Problem with the EnergyNet?
    Because NuclearReactors and SteamTurbine from Railcraft will not work with that system.
    And if you did not implement IMetaDelegate to the EnergySystem then the NuclearReactor should maybe have the bug that you can increase the poweroutput with putting more cables on it.

^^" And i think that solution were possible without ASM........ If you want to have comparing fact then look into my version.

But at the end good job!

• Official Post

Nuclear Control doesn't work:

*Correction, the whole compat seems broken:

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

And if you did not implement IMetaDelegate to the EnergySystem then the NuclearReactor should maybe have the bug that you can increase the poweroutput with putting more cables on it.

I don't know what he's done, but reactors don't output extra energy from connecting more cables.

Actually, it seems he just only makes power output from one cable, that's what the EU reader suggests.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I don't know what he's done, but reactors don't output extra energy from connecting more cables.

Actually, it seems he just only makes power output from one cable, that's what the EU reader suggests.

IMetaDelegate is this:
    You have a generator/machine that is a multistructure. But you want only that the master of it get the power.
    For that you use IMetaDelegate that register the TileEntity that Sends/Recivers Energy to every position that you provide in the MetaDelegate function.
    So even if you have only 1 Generator/Consumer every block of the structure will be connected to cables and the EnergyNet powers/draw energy only from the master...

That is it.

I think Immibis did not take care of it.
    And that Immibis made IC2 Rely on his own core mod is a bad thing! IC2 is a standalone mod! And the Bug which i have (Forestry shut down the game) is not represent in 1.7.10. So he do not even need that...
    I do not know why he did that. But he did it.

Also a thing. Immibis added ASm to the IC2 Classic thing. Which is really not required... He makes that to make FakeMod that says i am IC2.... which is not really a need. Most every mod uses only the API of IC2 and if they use the base classes, the do use ic2 main classes.. he just could use the main path as IC2 Classic mod. that would solve most problems because the Main classes in IC2 and IC2 Classic if he would not renamed the folder are 99% Identical..

• Official Post

And that Immibis made IC2 Rely on his own core mod is a bad thing! IC2 is a standalone mod!

It doesn't rely on Immibis Core. Maybe the Experimental compat does (might have been why it wasn't working for me), but the base IC2 classic doesn't need it

I think Immibis did not take care of it.

It works, so he might have accidentally fixed it.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Immibis Core does not play well. You end up with an FML loading order loop. That's what you get for pretending to be IC2 while Immibis Core tries to load after it :P

I fixed the Nightvision Goggles missing a texture too, just in case anyone wants it.

• Official Post

Yeah ARS and Advanced Machines need it. I never really minded that, since I always have Tubestuff, which needs Immibis Core anyway

I see this too much.

• I do not mind it on adv machines a requirement of his core.
    And i use Redlogic anyways (fmp is to unstable for me)

But i do not want a requirement on a stand alone mod that is basicly a basement.
    Even if i do want to install addons that have nothing todo with his mods.

I try in my version as much as i can to prevent any mod requirement but make it as much i can compatible to other mods.