Breeder question

• First of all I would like to say that I'm a beginner to IC2 :D.
    So my questions is this: do still breeder reactors still exists? I ask that because all of the breeder designs use "depleted isotope cell" and I can't find that in NEI.
    If they still exist can someone guide me through the process of doing it ? Or if they don't how to you keep reactors running without having to go to find uranium. I know about MOX but eventually you run out of uranium and mox...

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my English, not a native speaker :D

I'm running Minecraft 1.6.4
    IC2: industrialcraft-2_2.0.376-experimental

• Official Post

Nope, breeders have been removed. We have MOX now, which produces more energy the hotter the reactor is

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thanks for the answers!

Where can you place a MOX reactor, i mean a room or something, i tried out in creative and at about 80% heat it started to ignite the room made of reinforced stone. Does it have to be underwater ?

What about heating it up? Do i have to remove cooling components, let it heat up then place them back to keep it at a stable but high temperature?

• The reactor will spawn fires, but if there is no block that's actually flammable, the fire will simply hang around a bit and then die out. Reinforced stone is not flamamble, IC2 cables are not flammable, the reactor itself is not flammable... technically, the only thing unsafe about that reactor is the fact that it could set you on fire. But with a reactor that hot (and the radiation poisining from the fuel rods) you're going to be wearing a hazmat suit anyway.

If the constant fires annoy you, encase the reactor in something. Water should work, but you can also use glass blocks or anything else that isn't flammable.

• One more question....
    How can I safely heat up a mox reactor to a certain temperature? Do i have to remove components and wait for it to heat up then place them up or is there a better way?

• Official Post

No, you pretty much just remove the heat vents and hope you don't make it explode before you put them back in :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The process isn't as dangerous as it sounds, because you can get pretty precise. Using one single cell, you can heat a reactor in 0.02% steps - two heat units per second out of 10,000. That's so little, you wouldn't even get cited for driving with that amount of alcohol in your blood. :P