Unable to craft Energy Storage Upgrade?

• Hi, I have several machines overclocked to 13 and 2 transformers running straight off an MFSU via glass fiber cable. I've noticed that some of them will start hiccuping and the red energy icon will begin showing low to no energy so I thought I would try a couple internal energy storage upgrades. Unfortunately neither my ME crafting table nor the regular table will craft it? Is this a bug, or is it just my game? I have not encountered anything else thus far other than the advanced solar config issue that I have fixed. Gregtech is disabled.

• Too many overclockers or too few MFSUs will make it lack energy.
    If you are using IC² experimental, MFSU is now 2048 EU/t , but still, machines with 13 OCs consumes quite a lot of energy.

Hey, I'm just trying to make scrap as fast as possible for hybrid solar panels :D I tried 15 OC's and all it did was lock up the machine lol. I may try another MFSU in parallel or maybe a reactor and MFSU just for the recycler and mass fabricater, with some kind of auto feeding system. Still learning the ropes. Also becoming interested in the v2, which i believe is the experimental version you mentioned?

• Official Post

http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_experimental/

Some info regarding the Overclockers (OC) :
    Energy per operation : BASE * 1,3OC
    Time per operation : BASE * 0,7OC

Maximum OCs to macerator, compressor and extractor : 16
    Maximum OCs to furnace : 13 , for recycler : 10

At maximum OCs, machines will work at maximum speed possible (1 operation per tick, 20 per second) and at least one energy upgrade is required or machine won't have enough internal buffer to work.

• Yikes, my AV did not like that link.

Also, I tried 15 OC's and the max I can get the machines to operate with is 13? After 13 it locks up. I'll try again in my single player game, that was on my friends server.

• Official Post

That link is the jenkins of IC² experimental builds. All builds (and new ones) can be found there.

They need an energy storage to handle more than a certain amount of overclockers or will have less internal buffer available than their consumption.

• well magically the recipe is working now. :/

I put 6 storage upgrades in the recycler with 16 OC's and 2 transformers running off a fully charged MFSU. It's cranking through most of a stack till the internal storage runs out, then slows way down. I'm going to put it on it's own MFSU. And I def need to automate the scrap/UU setup, it's too time consuming feeding it manually right now.

• I'm not as concerned with the energy aspect as I am with getting Iridium/UU as fast as I can so I can craft Hybrid solar panels.

If you have enough materials just run several matterfabs in parallel instead/in addition to (some) scrap production

• If you have enough materials just run several matterfabs in parallel instead/in addition to (some) scrap production

Interesting idea. I've been thinking that scrap reduced the amount of EU required for matter, but if its the same either way, I can just leave the matter fab running and do other things.

• Official Post

Interesting idea. I've been thinking that scrap reduced the amount of EU required for matter, but if its the same either way, I can just leave the matter fab running and do other things.

They do make the massfab use up to 6x less EU per UUM, however if you overclock your recyclers too much, you won't have a positive "energy boost" on mass fabricators.

• They do make the massfab use up to 6x less EU per UUM, however if you overclock your recyclers too much, you won't have a positive "energy boost" on mass fabricators.

IOW, as the other poster was saying, I would be washing out the energy gained by using scrap, by making it too fast. In any event, I've lowered the OC's to 7. This was to match the recyclers speed with the input from a Redstone engine feeding it cobble stone from a chest. I've got a totally auto mated system now using Buildcraft, wish I had tried that modpack sooner. :whistling:

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. :D

• Just an update. I'm running two recyclers being fed by ME/AE, and single mass fab feeding from the same mod . I suddenly have more UU than I know what to do with at this point. The ME automated feeding system is far superior to Buildcraft.

Thanks for the help, comment and ideas. :)