The Hour as a Measure of Angle - and some random talking about science!

• Official Post

Even though it is believed by many people, including many Scientists, there is actually no 100% evidence for Gravity affecting space or time at all. Thats why it is still called a Theory and not a Fact.

And with the bending of Space and Time it is actually like explaining Gravity with Gravity. It just points to itself.

• Official Post

Theories are just explainations.
    Oh, And greg, in science, you forget that nothing is "fact" or 100% proven. Although you are right, gravity right now is vastly unexplored.

This might be where a bit of confusion is happening, since there are several theories for all of this.

• As I said before, no, they do not have mass. Energy is not equivalent to MASS (relativistic) on its own, but it is to rest mass.

Photons have momentum and when they hit something they can pass that momentum to that object. That's how solar sails work.

Even though it is believed by many people, including many Scientists, there is actually no 100% evidence for Gravity affecting space or time at all. Thats why it is still called a Theory and not a Fact.

Pretty sure it has been experimentally shown that gravity does have effect on spatial dimensions.

• Official Post

Although they do pass their momentum on, the particle is either absorbed or reflected, otherwise you would have photons that travel less than the speed of light. At a quantum level, everything becomes weird probability. Of course, as I said, there are multiple theories and all are slightly different.

• Although they do pass their momentum on, the particle is either absorbed or reflected

Well, that's obvious. There is no other way I know of to pass on momentum.

At a quantum level, everything becomes weird probability. Of course, as I said, there are multiple theories and all are slightly different.

For photon momentum things should be quite clear as far as I know.

• Official Post

Pretty sure it has been experimentally shown that gravity does have effect on spatial dimensions.

The "Evidence" for that is Light moving around the Sun (and other stellar Objects) to a certain degree, also called Gravity Lens Effect. Also to see any Effects in bending Space or Time you need to be outside of Space and Time, since if you would bend Dimensions, everything gets affected in both Directions, meaning the Sun itself would be visually larger if that were the case (since there is more Space inside the Sun), what in turn would cancel out things behind the Sun being visible due to the Gravity Lens Effect. But the Effect is called like that because of Gravity causing it somehow, the how isn't clear yet, but it is more likely that it is just Gravity affecting the Energy around the Photons what has nothing to do with bending Dimensions at all, since Gravity is the Effect of the Higgs Field.

• Official Post

There is no other way I know of to pass on momentum.

As in, perfectly. Either gets 100% reflected or 100% absorbed. Nothing inbetween.