Direwolf20/1.6.4 recipes aren't working or are much harder

• Hi, I just started a new game with some friends, and one of the first things I tried to make was empty cells for lava to feed turtles. The 4 tin recipe does not work, and I noticed all the recipes seem harder. Is this because of Gregtech, or the new IC2 experimental? I don't see Gregtech in the launcher, but it's in the config file. If it's just harder I guess I'll have to live with it, but to say the least...very much disappoint! lol :)

• Official Post

That would be the experimental branch, it just requires plates in the metal former (a very useful machine that can make a large amount of items in IC2).

• Update: I now have sticker shock just trying to make a Batbox. Batteries are ridiculously expensive on tin. Please tell me this is from Gregtech and I can somehow turn it off. Otherwise, I'm seriously considering cutting my losses and moving to another mod pack. I was actually having fun till i saw 4 tin ingots turn into one plate for battery that requires 4 plates. That's 16 tin ingots for ONE battery, not including the cable. That's not balanced, that's completely irrational. I'm starting to regret leaving Unleashed for the Direwolf20 pack if this is what has happened to IC.

• Official Post

Nope, even Gregtech isn't that nerfy (2 ingots -> 1 plate early game). One RE-Battery needs just 2 tin now, as it uses tin item casing, which you can get 2 per tin plate, which is a 1:1 ratio ingot:plate with the forge hammer. Not sure which mod added that recipe, but it's not IC2 or Gregtech

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Please accept my apology for jumping the gun.

Somehow the little numbers showing the numbers of plates wasn't visible till I put the plates in a chest. I'm taking deep breaths, feeling my ears turn red from embarrassment, and feeling foolish.

Again, Please accept my apology for the last post.

• Official Post

Don't worry, we all make mistakes :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.