Machines don't explode anymore

• Prior to MC 1.6.4 machines would explode when you placed them on HV cable and had not put in the required transformer upgrades. Seems machines no longer care what the voltage is. For example have a whole line of machines with 8 overclockers running off an MFSU on gold cable and they are perfectly happy with it. They dont explode. I checked the config file for a bullion value but didnt see anything. Was this nerfed? I kinda liked it when you F*ed up and forgot about it then kaboom! lol I liked having to think about transformers and wiring, and all that stuff. It made it more techie feeling. Anyway, just curious why it was nerfed and if it was coming back in the future.

FWIW: I have observed this behavior on multiple servers for DW20, and Monster packs specifically.

Thanks

• Official Post

One, it's not a nerf for things not to explode, it's a buff. Two, the E-net's still being worked on so machine explosions are indeed intentionally off. Three, cable frying and electrocution if off too. Gregtech machines explode at too high voltages though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• In the old E-net system, 33 solar panels output 33 1 eu/t packets, in the new system it adds them to create a single 33 EU/t packet. The main difference is the later will scatter your batbox around the upper atmosphere. This combined with e-net bugs, and people loading old saves which have different wiring rules, means explosions are off to prevent chaos.

I can't say I miss explosions, anyone who's played on a noob filled server will also not miss them (aside from the occasional laughfest when someone blows up the same machine over and over).

// First, try to add to a nearby chest
    // Second, try to add to adjacent pipes
    // Lastly, throw the object away
    code comments in Buildcraft litterbug quarry

• Thanks for the clarity. I like it when machines explode obviously. I look forward to it's return. BTW, Listening to noobs cry is the best fun you can have on a server. Hands down. *snickers* Feels a little more like real life IMO. In fact I think HV should kill you dead if it electrocutes you. Man, I sound like I should be playing GreagTech... LOLz