UU matter scanner errors.

• I'm trying to find out some information on using UU-matter and the scanner. I have everything setup correctly and I was able to scan a few items, Diamond, clay, Sticky resin. I was also able to reproduce them with no problems. However nothing else seems to scan without an error. That being glowstone, oak wood, wool, ender pearls, ingots, ores, dust, sugar cane, etc. it all ends in errors. I have IC2 2.0.354 installed, is anyone else having a simular issue? I should also point out that I'm using Direwolf20 1.6.4 FTB ver. 1.0.18.

Thank you in advance, if this question has been answered please direct me to the correct link. I've tried searching for answers and have found none.

-Bert

• I'm trying to find out some information on using UU-matter and the scanner. I have everything setup correctly and I was able to scan a few items, Diamond, clay, Sticky resin. I was also able to reproduce them with no problems. However nothing else seems to scan without an error. That being glowstone, oak wood, wool, ender pearls, ingots, ores, dust, sugar cane, etc. it all ends in errors. I have IC2 2.0.354 installed, is anyone else having a simular issue? I should also point out that I'm using Direwolf20 1.6.4 FTB ver. 1.0.18.

Thank you in advance, if this question has been answered please direct me to the correct link. I've tried searching for answers and have found none.

-Bert

Ores should have no problem.

Maybe try updating IC2 manually? (Latest version for MC 1.6.4 is #397)

• This page contains the best summary of items that can be scanned by the scanner that I know of: http://ftbwiki.org/Scanner

Oak wood, wool, ender pearls, ingots, and sugar cane are (sadly) not on the list. Coal dust and the ores listed should be possible. However the scanner/pattern storage/replicator are a bit buggy so there are some things you can try should they not work:
    1. Remove and replace the scanner.
    2. Restart your game.
    3. Always save patterns to crystal memory. That way if anything weird happens to your pattern storage you have backups.
    4. Lastly, I backup my game (using Checkpoints mod) before I scan anything. It's overkill but if anything weird happens I can always start over.

#1 and #2 have worked for me before when my scanner bugged out.

• i wish i can scan inksac - there is no squids in my world and i had to cheat them.. i had three for beggining when originally i found few, but mo creatures and lots of different mods dumped them for good... no luck with fishing those either..

Inteligence is not everything - wisdom is more than that.
    "Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

• Wasn't there a config to add items to the UU scanner? Considering that cobblestone is 1, I think maybe 12 should be good for Ink sacs. There is also SpwnX's solution.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• ok - i never tried this cross breeding - but i'll get into it - and try to find inksac id for scanner config :) - thanks :) how was this config name ? - i can;t find it.

"Survival is survival dammit.. don't give me this stinky cheated diamonds.. .. or else.." - by unknown hero

Edited once, last by VirMan ().

• unfortunatelly - i cannot even put incsac into scanner.. i entered values in ic2.ini on both server and client but nothing works.

• btw - i found onl;y thorn leaves in craft guide.. some mentions about thorn trees... how aproach this cross breed ?? what to start with ? :)