A more realistic Nuclear reactor setup

• Hello,
    I think it would be more realistic and cool if we could have a kind of Multiblocks Nuclear Reactor.

I mean, all the reactors used in the world follow more or less the setup:

Nuclear Heating System ==> Pressurized water becomes really hot ==> Turbines ==> Movement ==> Electricity
    \/
    Cooling system ==> Two possibilities:
    - The big towers that use water to evaporate and therefore, to cool down, BUT you have to find the water
    - You pump water from the sea or a river, and you cool down your nuclear reactor with this water, BUT you have to deal with the hot water you just produced (the most often, you release it 500 meters away in the river)

• If I'm not mistaken, the intention with the experimental builds is to make the reactor a muli-block structure. I look forward to this.

• I don't really know. I'm sticked to the 1.6.4 builds because of some mods being in beta...

What's up in the new versions? (about nuclear reactors).

• Rotarycraft and Big Reactors do this already. Multi-block reactors have been around since 1.5.2 AFAIK

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Well, I don't really know if there is a way to convert power from one of your mods to another...

If yes, there is a chance I will use them. Otherwise, I will definitely not use any of them.

Though, thank you for proposing, they seem to be interesting according to their basis.

• go the Universal Electricity route. Pick up, resonant induction and atomic science. The cables from RI can power anything that uses UE, EU, MJ, or RF (I think on the RF)
    just be warned, the reactors in AS are undergoing work so they don't work quite right at the moment.

• RI?
    AS?
    RF?

Ohh, I don't heavily mod my Minecraft, y'know...

• Atomic science seems awesome, but to me, it seems like it is another hi-tech mod that causes Minecraft to be completely over-powered at the end, or like Greg-Tech, reaaally complicated, and hard to get because you need as much resources as if you filled some chunks with tin, copper, gold and diamonds blocks...

I think IC2 is enough resource-demanding for me. Thanks for the propositions!

• AS can be resource heavy, if you try to go straight to the end stage. but you can reuse the reactor chamber from the fission reactor to use in the fusion if you want. and the fusion reactor is meant for massive power generation
    but it is no where near as complicated or massive as the one from reactor craft....just find the video on setting that thing up and nothing else will seem complicated.

• :D