[IC2 Exp][1.7.2][WIP] The bearded potato!

• Warning: this mod doesn't add any kind of bearded potato!

This addon only adds a electric beacon (but it isn't a beacon as it doesn't have the ray-to-the-sky! [Actual beacons: Soon™])

Usage: Place the Potioninator on the groun and feed it with 512 eu/t. Place a Potion Microchip™ on the GUI slot and you're done!

• Official Post

Tip: do not remove the vanilla beacon.

If it is electric, it has to be better than it, no need to disable it.

By the way, your addon is made for IC² exp 478 (1.7.2) or 397 (1.6.4) ?
    Edit: Found on mcmod, 1.7.2 but you should say it on your OP/thread title.
    Also, why "bearded potato"?

• Tip: do not remove the vanilla beacon.

If it is electric, it has to be better than it, no need to disable it.

By the way, your addon is made for IC² exp 478 (1.7.2) or 397 (1.6.4) ?
    Edit: Found on mcmod, 1.7.2 but you should say it on your OP/thread title.
    Also, why "bearded potato"?

I edited the OP.
    Bearded potato = Cool-sounding randomly generated name :P

• I've updated the mod and reuploaded it as an attachment. Also I added the recipes for the potioninator and the healing and harm microchips

• Going to look at this mod. Might do a spotlight.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Potioninator has no texture. Is that WIP?

Beacon has no recipe, check.

Ok, none of the chips are craftable except instant damage/health. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

(much edit wow) Cables do connect to the potioninator, that's good.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

Edited 3 times, last by xbony2 ().

• Official Post

3 Things from what I've seen:

• The potionator doesn't work, but still consumes energy. Reminds me of Gregtech machines
    • The normal beacon is disabled, which doesn't make any sense
    • The potionator should use dense iron plates instead of iron blocks. They take the same amount of iron, but are more IC2y and need a compressor :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• 3 Things from what I've seen:

• The potionator doesn't work, but still consumes energy. Reminds me of Gregtech machines
    • The normal beacon is disabled, which doesn't make any sense
    • The potionator should use dense iron plates instead of iron blocks. They take the same amount of iron, but are more IC2y and need a compressor :)

Dense Iron Plates are deprecated in the ic2 api.

• Official Post

Really? Awwwww, I always preferred them over blocks since it made more sense.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Compared to crushing 3 cubic meters of iron into one block, it's a little better.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

3 cubic meters? it takes 3 blocks? 1 block = 1 cubic meter.

He meant 9m^3, as in, a 3x3x3 cube of iron ore.
    Of course, iron ore isn't pure and much of it is useless stone, so it makes sense it can fit.

• Official Post

No, actually that the potionator takes 3 iron blocks in it's recipe.

I see this too much.

• Potioninator has no texture. Is that WIP?

8| It is supposed to have one..

Beacon has no recipe, check.

Fixed, uploading soon

Ok, none of the chips are craftable except instant damage/health. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

Yeah... I don't know how to make all the microchips craftable without em' being op..

The potionator doesn't work, but still consumes energy. Reminds me of Gregtech machines

It has to fill an internal buffer of 10000 EU before it works (also, it was consuming energy when inactive, fixed that too. Uploading soon)

The normal beacon is disabled, which doesn't make any sense

Also fixed

The potionator should use dense iron plates instead of iron blocks. They take the same amount of iron, but are more IC2y and need a compressor

They aren't deprecated, adding em' to the recipe

--
    UPLOADED 1.0-1!

• are you on vacation or have you quit updating this i know it seems like it hasnt been a while and you might think im acting crazy but its been a month and a day and no updates whatsoever and no one has posted since then...

• are you on vacation or have you quit updating this i know it seems like it hasnt been a while and you might think im acting crazy but its been a month and a day and no updates whatsoever and no one has posted since then...

I stopped updating because:

1 - Lazyness
    2 - Nobody commented here and I don't want to doublepost again :P
    3 - Lazyness
    4 - Lack of ideas for recipes
    5 - Lazyness

PS: Uploaded an update, just added another uncraftable and wip block: the super electro beacon, it applies level II effects.
    PS2: Uhm... should the effects apply to *any* mob and not only to players?

• Official Post

PS2: Uhm... should the effects apply to *any* mob and not only to players?

Only for the super electro beacon, and only level 1 to non-player things.

I see this too much.

• Only for the super electro beacon, and only level 1 to non-player things.

And what about the recipe?

Also: Are the Harm/Heal microchip recipes ok? Should I add recipes using the potions for all the effects that have a potion? And what about effects that don't have a potion (like jump boost or wither effect)?
    I think that the Wither Effect should be uncraftable.. or very difficult to get.

Aaand I'm working on durability for the microchips ^^