replace scrap machines and scrap boxes

• I find the use/idea of scrap generating machines rather silly, how about a machine that process materials to get trace minerals out of them. like stone could have 0.01% of irdium in it . then you process 1000 stone and you get 1 ingot of irdium. you can also get other trace elements iron, tin, copper, uranium etc. maybe even dump all your other ores into it? it could output ingots or special lava? you could also use flux?

I still like the mass fabicator as it is.

Introducing the plasmatron arc furnace! this awsome device is capable of seperating the tiny amounts of valuable trace elements from regular stone and dirt. be warned all you mud hut dwellers this machine is capable of consuming you entire house with in a single tick. that is all the dirt your house is made of if it where in a chest. one very neating function of this machine is that you can use flux (ie. glass, salt) to incress the yield of certian elements/minerals, this will effect how much of the other elements/mineral will be burned off. bewarned using flux in the furnace is know to eat the machines carbon crucible.

((ore_kind(# of stacks = % ))*flux(flux_kind))
    :Electric Furnace: :Geothermal Generator: :Electric Furnace:
    :HV-Transformer: :Coal Chunk: :HV-Transformer:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Glass Fibre: :Advanced Circuit:

• Official Post

Cobble to Minerals = more Gamebreaking than the ridiculous but very fun Concept of Scrap (once you blacklist Cobble). We are not Equivalent Exchange over here. Cobble is infinite per definition, and even if you dont have Cobble Generators, it is stupidly easy to mine out entire Areas with a Mining Laser or an Advanced Miner, wait, the Advanced Miner can be used as Cobble Generator!

While the General Idea would make sense the whole thing shouldn't run on cobble at all and since it only runs on cobble, I doubt this will be done. (at least not by me, maybe you have more luck with Thunderdark)

• Then just disable cobble generation, if obsidian is made in a generator then redstone or lava is used to make it and that is fair. the argument I make is, how much cobble would you need to feed though a scrap machine to have a chance of getting anything thing valuable? Would it matter how easy it is to mine out an area, it would take real life days to mine enough but, with the "plasma arc furnace" the longer the game goes it would start paying off. because you would get a small % of valuable metarials back from mining. similar to IC2's scrap machines but with a known amount of value. plus you can use flux to help get more of what you want. how would it matter if cobble stone generation is working? at least you wouldn't have half a dozen scrap machines running = lag.

ok fine I will simplify.... uses similar system to scrap machines, can not give give complex items(tools, diamonds,plant stuff, etc.), machine consumes stacks of items not single item per operation, stack of materials = % of materials out(i.e. stone*64 = 0.01% iron, 0.001% copper, 0.000001% irdium), materials = stone, dirt, ores. , if machine loses power and % does not = 100% then % = 0.

that is the best way if can think of describing it.

• :cursing: really thats all you got was "FROM NOTHING!" maybe if you read to the bottom of my pervious post. its a new better scrap system. turn your imagination on!! Iam not looking for anything. just suggesting something. remmber its a furnace not a block of iron.

• Then just disable cobble generation, if obsidian is made in a generator then redstone or lava is used to make it and that is fair. the argument I make is, how much cobble would you need to feed though a scrap machine to have a chance of getting anything thing valuable? Would it matter how easy it is to mine out an area, it would take real life days to mine enough but, with the "plasma arc furnace" the longer the game goes it would start paying off. because you would get a small % of valuable metarials back from mining. similar to IC2's scrap machines but with a known amount of value. plus you can use flux to help get more of what you want. how would it matter if cobble stone generation is working? at least you wouldn't have half a dozen scrap machines running = lag.

ok fine I will simplify.... uses similar system to scrap machines, can not give give complex items(tools, diamonds,plant stuff, etc.), machine consumes stacks of items not single item per operation, stack of materials = % of materials out(i.e. stone*64 = 0.01% iron, 0.001% copper, 0.000001% irdium), materials = stone, dirt, ores. , if machine loses power and % does not = 100% then % = 0.

that is the best way if can think of describing it.

Doesn't matter. If there's free resources or energy, people would do anything to exploit it. For example, just see the massive solar farms people did before CompactSolars.

We are also looking at server performance here. All you need is one greedy person before 10k "plasma arc furnaces" will lag the server to death.

• every response I have recived about this idea has "from nothing, for nothing, free, free and more free shit." in it. people the scrap machine takes power and material to make scrap, most clever people on servers make cobble gen farms, heck gregtech has cobble stone generators in it. Every peice in a stack, In a scrap machine takes an operation = lag, then you have a % chance to get a peice of scrap, then a % chance to get somthing from a srapbox. so I am sure that your perfect scrap machines make "free" shit !!!! anyways. don't even get me started on IC2's mass fab(power*time = matter = anything).

though I would think gregtech would make cobble generators that take less cpu.

If you understood the last paragragh in post #3, I would NOT be arguing still, there are power requirements to be talked about, the idea of adding "flux" to get more of the elements wanted, do you even know what flux is good for other than solding? (real life) I bet you do not. but if you had an once of imagination working you could guess it from what I have said already.

My ideas are not making free anything,

• Official Post

every response I have recived about this idea has "from nothing, for nothing, free, free and more free shit." in it. people the scrap machine takes power and material to make scrap, most clever people on servers make cobble gen farms, heck gregtech has cobble stone generators in it. Every peice in a stack, In a scrap machine takes an operation = lag, then you have a % chance to get a peice of scrap, then a % chance to get somthing from a srapbox. so I am sure that your perfect scrap machines make "free" shit !!!! anyways. don't even get me started on IC2's mass fab(power*time = matter = anything).

Are you in 1.6 or what? My Cobble Gens consume less CPU than Blockbreakers or similar.

ALSO, I autoblacklist Cobble and many Stone Products from the Recycler meaning NO FREE SCRAP FROM COBBLE.

Just wanted to say that.

• wasn't shooting at you greg, just I was thinking of your cobble gens likely as a model of efficency compared to other methods of generating cobble and that people will make cobble farms to be used with IC2. I should have clarified that sorry.

• every response I have recived about this idea has "from nothing, for nothing, free, free and more free shit." in it. people the scrap machine takes power and material to make scrap, most clever people on servers make cobble gen farms, heck gregtech has cobble stone generators in it. Every peice in a stack, In a scrap machine takes an operation = lag, then you have a % chance to get a peice of scrap, then a % chance to get somthing from a srapbox. so I am sure that your perfect scrap machines make "free" shit !!!! anyways. don't even get me started on IC2's mass fab(power*time = matter = anything).

Exactly why they are banned on quite a few servers. Doesn't matter if traditional, gregtech or TE, a 16x16x16 cube of some sort of cobblegen is still going to be laggy.

If you understood the last paragragh in post #3, I would NOT be arguing still, there are power requirements to be talked about, the idea of adding "flux" to get more of the elements wanted, do you even know what flux is good for other than solding? (real life) I bet you do not. but if you had an once of imagination working you could guess it from what I have said already.

My ideas are not making free anything,

Okay. You are clearly still not getting the point. You still are making "free anything". Neither is ad hominem is not going to help you here.

Power requirements are easily solved with a massive greengen field (windmills, watermills, solars, whatever the hell people can think of nowadays), again, bad for the servers, or a MOX CRCS reactor, which is probably considered less viable because it is nonrenewable.
    Flux. Glass is renewable using cobble -> sand route. As for salt, there isn't any salt in MC or IC2 yet, so I have no clue what results that will bring.