[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Nuclear Control 2

• You might be an idiot, but that definitely sounds like a bug.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• It seems like a bug.
    There is possebilities where it could break:

First: The IC2 EnergyNet is still not Finish/The Function in the EnergyNet is dissabled (like in 1.6.4) and he can search as much as he want the energyNet say only 0.

Second: The Couter makes a mistake and there is data not correctly stored and thats why the energycounter measure stuff not right.

I think that the first one is happening.
    To detect that: Does the EU detector cable & the EU reader work?
    Test that please.

If both are not working then it is a ic2 bug. Else the Nuclear Controll 2 gui made a mistake.

• Using the EU-Reader to take the measurement directly from the Average Counter shows 12.6 kEU/t, which seems about right for the amount HV solars I have up. Taking readings from other machines seems to properly show the energy usage there as well. For giggles I hooked a counter up to an RF line I have for some TE machines and it seems to count that. I also did up a remote counter kit to an advanced display, and it also shows the unit is in RF mode and not EU mode.

The EU detector cable also works, emitting a redstone signal when the line is active.

If I should check anything else, just let me know.

• I checked the code and i am totally confuesed. I think it is a NuclearControll bug... But not a coding bug that is a logical error...
    xBony2 what did you do there? O.o
    Normally i can read code really easiely. You almost write Like Elorram code... That confuses me...

First why do you calculate at the averageCounter the energy flow and then add the energy?
    Also you do not need to calculate it every tick. Ok the Energy Income needed to calculate every tick but the displayed Measurement can be about every second that makes less packet sync and spam... However i think that is your bug.. Not IC2..

And the RF Thing is properly a TE3 or the mod you use to send energy to the thing thing...

• I checked the code and i am totally confuesed. I think it is a NuclearControll bug... But not a coding bug that is a logical error...
    xBony2 what did you do there? O.o
    Normally i can read code really easiely. You almost write Like Elorram code... That confuses me...

First why do you calculate at the averageCounter the energy flow and then add the energy?
    Also you do not need to calculate it every tick. Ok the Energy Income needed to calculate every tick but the displayed Measurement can be about every second that makes less packet sync and spam... However i think that is your bug.. Not IC2..

And the RF Thing is properly a TE3 or the mod you use to send energy to the thing thing...

Hey, that's how I feel in my codebase too! :D

It is a bug from NC2, I am certain. And yep, the Average Counter can count RF.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Hey, that's how I feel in my codebase too! :D

XDD Ok good to know. Also report from IC2 Classic (even if it is 1.6.4 but when i update i try to port everything), everything that i tried yet (not much) works fine with it. Even the Nuclear stuff...

Also a little feature request would be: Component heat detection. Not by the item type, the itemslot so you can define a slot and it detects its heat...
    That would be awesome, and allows by cold reactors to detect if the setup is almost at the point to break or not.

• Hey, that's how I feel in my codebase too! :D

Alright, I'll leave it up to you then. I'm experiencing a bit of weirdness in the advanced info panels too, but I'm going to try and eliminate a few things before I consider it something to report. Also, thanks for your time! :thumbup:

Edit: OK, so after checking around with a few things I found that any cards placed in the second or third slots don't show on the Panel until the client clicks into the Panel GUI then out. The cards in the first slot always display their info. This happens when going out of render distance or if seeing the panel for the first time after logging into the server.

Edited once, last by Kasatome: Additional Information ().

• Just updated to NC 2.1.2a from 2.0.8c (and updated to IC2x 2.2.691 from 2.2.660), and the industrial information panels with energy sensor cards don't seem to be working right... I've got a few tied to CESUs and MFEs, and while they used to display correctly (values out of 300k and 4M, respectively), they now all show 0 out of 32k, regardless of what is actually stored in the CESU/MFE. Tried breaking and re-placing both the panels and the CESUs/MFEs, and behavior of the panels remains unchanged.

*edit*

Advanced info panels have the same problem.

• I can't even get the Energy Sensor Kit to work, something is definitely up.

Edit: I managed to fix this with a good bit of debugging. Just a note, some of the newer versions of IC2 (691 about) changed a class so the energy storage kit will not work without and older version of IC2. This will all be fixed in 2.2.0a.

Edit2: cg49me I did not experience the issues you described. Try using IC2 690.

Edited 2 times, last by xbony2 ().

• Hi! I think I found some glitches and I'll try to show and explain them, but my English is bad, so you may not understand me, so sorry for that. I'm using minecraft version 1.7.10

First one:
    Redstone signal state freezes. I know that your mod doesn't support 5x5 reactors(I was so sad, then found out that). But still I was trying to use thermal monitor, to avoid explosion, by putting it inside my reactor, and it works... almost.
    On this screenshot thermal monitor sending redstone signal on 3 ways:

Now, I inverted setings of thermal monitor and redstone shouldn't be lighted on all 3 ways, but two of them freezed. State of redstone changes only then I replace it or If I placenew blocks near it.

I tried to the same thing with red larten, but then I remove it redstone fades in all directions, so thats why I think this is mod glitch.

Second one:
    Advanced information panel and extender after rebooting game. I just rebooted game and found out that part of information panel is inactive:

Third one:
    Energy sensor kit doesn't work at all. I press right mouse button and nothing happens. There's even no energy sensor location card in creative.

Thats all for now... I think. And when approximately will be added support of 5x5 reactors? I want BIG information panels of my BIG reactor :D

• The energy bug is a result of ItemGradualInt being changed, since the IC2 API changed. It will be fixed in 2.2.0a, but until then use 690 IC2. I do not know why the thermal monitor does not update it's neighboring blocks, it does call notifyBlocksOfNeighborChange. For the information panels, do not put them on a chunk boundary.

• Guys, its something strange.
    My client chashes,when gregtech (v.5.07.07) and nuclear control (v.2.1.2a) are both enabled.
    When only greg or nuclear - its working properly..i tried to activate just them, only with ic2 exp. v.658 or 691,but it always chashes.
    in other hand, server works normally with many mods activated, including both greg and nuclear.
    Could you tell, what can be wrong with it.
    Here is a part of the crash-log:
    ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // This doesn't make any sense!

Time: 15.03.15 20:21
    Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NullPointerException: Initializing game
    at shedar.mods.ic2.nuclearcontrol.IC2NuclearControl.postInit(IC2NuclearControl.java:185)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.creativemd.minecraftloader.MinecraftDummyContainer.callMethod(MinecraftDummyContainer.java:209)
    at com.creativemd.minecraftloader.MinecraftDummyContainer.onModEvent(MinecraftDummyContainer.java:201)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:694)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:288)
    at com.creativemd.minecraftloader.ClientHelper.startGame(ClientHelper.java:307)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
    at magic.launcher.Launcher.main(SourceFile:214)

• It's been a while since an update. Have no fear, the next update will come eventually. This is a list of the changes and things to do before 2.2.0a is released- some people might be waiting for fixes and want to know a little bit more. This also serves as a changelog so I don't need to do it later (of course, it is subject to change, the wiki-ready one will probably have less silly comments).

* 5x5 Reactor Card. This is added by DMF444. Currently it only displays though- the full version will be usable inside of the Remote Thermal Monitor.
    * Added an API to the Range Trigger, meaning that not only the Liquid card, but the counter and generator cards can be monitored. Needs some testing, though.
    * Added more OpenComputers Drivers, including the (normal) Info Panel driver, Thermal Monitor Driver, and extended the Advanced Info Panel driver.
    * Changed a bunch of the recipes (again). Suck it, AE2 users! Some things are cheaper, some more expensive.
    * Adds the Italian language, for our pizza-loving peoples.
    * Made Gregtech recipes better, so you can make Big Reactors stuff and the Remote Thermal Monitor.
    * Fixed the older recipes, also uses refined iron instead of iron.
    * Fixes WAILA providers.
    * Added pack.mcmeta.
    * Updated Russian language.
    * Fixed issue with Energy Sensor Kit. This does mean you need 691+ IC2.
    * Made the Web Upgrade more stable if/when it is used again (Player did this, heyo).
    * Changed Big Reactor's recipes to be more NC2-ish.
    * Removed two commented-out classes.
    * Stabilized the BC-crossmod code.
    * Disabled web-related configs that didn't do anything.
    * Lots of refactoring.

• The Russian translation is pretty up-to-date already, thanks to Adaptivity. He helps translates a lot of different mods. I might add more sounds, but they need to be public domain or under similar license.