GT & IC2 teleporter compatibity

• Official Post

Sorry, but I gave up on the IC2 Enet (what is required for IC2 Teleporter compatibility). You have to use MFEs or MFSUs, or for very short distances a CESU.

My own Enet can deliver Power to IC² Stuff through Cables and alike, but in order to receive Energy from an IC² Producer/Storage you need to put a GT Transformer in front of it for conversion.

The reasons of why I removed compatibility to the IC² Enet are that Cable Loss doesn't work, that the Network doesn't have Packets anymore and that it switched from Integer to Double (what is horrible for larger Energy Storages). Not to mention that it is very hard to have control over Energy flow without constantly registering and unregistering TileEntities.

• switched from Integer to Double (what is horrible for larger Energy Storages). .

hm,
    int max Energy Storages = 2.147.483.647
    double max Energy Storage = 1.79769313486231570e+308d

8|8|;)

• Official Post

hm,
    int max Energy Storages = 2.147.483.647
    double max Energy Storage = 1.79769313486231570e+308d

8| 8| ;)

But can you substract 32 from 1.79769313486231570e+308d without staying at the exact same Number generating infinite Energy just from having a ton of Energy stored? And if the substraction works, how stupidly large would be the amount of calculation loss from one small output of 32 EU? It is not the size, it is the precision which matters (Insert bad "That's what SHE said" joke here). I personally switched to Long for that purpose in order to have 100% precise Numbers no matter how large they are.

• If I'm not wrong, Greg has/had his own teleporter model.

A lower-tech, IC2-style version would be nice though.

• But can you substract 32 from 1.79769313486231570e+308d without staying at the exact same Number generating infinite Energy just from having a ton of Energy stored? And if the substraction works, how stupidly large would be the amount of calculation loss from one small output of 32 EU? It is not the size, it is the precision which matters (Insert bad "That's what SHE said" joke here). I personally switched to Long for that purpose in order to have 100% precise Numbers no matter how large they are.

Double according to IEEE-754 is 100% precise until ~ 15 decimals I really think 999,999,999,999,999 Storage is enough 8)
    besidesDouble E-Net is much more accurate with Cable Loss and current flow as integer. between 1 Amper and 2 Amper is the infinity fortunately :D

• Official Post

When I did UE Compatibility in 1.5 I had to combat Double Conversion. More than 71000000 EU were not possible without Int-Double Conversion Glitches causing Infinite Energy Glitches.

But again, the missing Cable Loss and the missing Packets were making the Enet unsuitable for my Plans. I could have tried to make the IC² Enet suitable but then Player would have killed me for touching the "work in progress" Enet :P .

The only really good thing about the optimized IC² Enet is that it can be executed in a different Thread making it more efficient on Servers.

• My personal reason is that, I found that I can teleport a full chestcart using a battery box or two a good distance, if say a battery buffer were compatible I could use gregtech to power a teleporter, I could trade out batterys quickly too, it also helps when you have miners that need fresh batterys tools or food, good for trading with your not too distant neighbors. you can stay home.