Suggestion: A few industrial upgrades.

• So. Hello all, I would like to share some ideas I think fit into world:
    1. Silver - As we know (or not) in RL we use various cables: gold, silver and copper, while gold is bad "elecrtical guide" (dont know translation, but I mean the material ability to conduct electricity), but its more resistant to environment, copper is good, but lacks that ability. But whats most interesting: Silver is better at conducting electricity than copper.
    Thats why I came for idea to produce improved cable made out of siver, that is.
    Its quality could allow for more stable current, translating to in-game: making it lose less EU over distance. What is troubling - Silver is not as good heat-giver, and its more fragile than copper, not being able to survive HV for example.
    Also, it could be used for other means, who knows what?

2. I ask: Why copper and tin are hard to mine even with diamond pickaxe? As far as my knowledge leads: It should be easier to mine than gold...

3. Heat/Nail Gun - Why not have a gun? Bow and swords are too less industrial, eh? So, here it is: OUCH Type Micro Hand-held Heat/Nail Cannon! Model code: LOLHURT
    Depending on coders: it would use energy to fire bolts of heat, making poor target have trouble! or shoot nails to make them suffer, or even ignite the infidel on (short) fire, damn, I want that!
    Whats the drawback? Overheat? Use of iron/bronze to create ammo? Big EU usage? I dont know... But either would work,
    ATTENTION: Highly suggestive item, too many options to make it...
    Possible recipe: A good battery, some good heating materials, something to shoot?

4. Automated transit-lines. Ya know, I am Automation and Robotics Student, w/e I am on first year and learning basics, I already know that Automated industry is key to efficiency! (Yes, my speciality will be Industrial Automation). So why not use my (basic) knowledge to make something... Automated?

The overall idea is that: There is transit machine with transit lanes. Depend on configuration: Moving items/fluids in pipes based on miner. Machine uses EU to produce magnetic field that pushes things from A to B. And even have more advanced use: Drawing and Inserting items/fluids to other machines!
    Did You dream of automatic cable production? Of putting wood and copper ore in one chest, and receiving cables on second!? I did too!
    Example: Imgagine HV Transmitters, but transporting items, not eu. Connected to chests/machines.
    Chest --> (side) Transmitter --> transmit lane --> (top/bottom) Transmitter --> Machine --> Transmitter --> lane --> transmitter --> chest.
    Thats how You put iron in chest A, and its macereted and dust goes to chest 2. Or maybe longer lane including two furnaces?

Side effects: Draws EU, limited lane length, possible transit speed of water?, semi-expansive (reducing lazy ppl).
    Well, I bet auto-transit was suggested, but maybe not or this Idea would be still original by method?
    Recipe: Lane of glass and cables and quality carbon plates?, transmitters would require multiple CPU power, complicated machinery and plates too.

I am thinking of elevators, and mineral scanner (would force valuable ore to emit certain sound, more ore//player closer = louder) also Flying vechicle (made of jetpacks, eating lots of fuel but having space and speed?)

Ahh, my imagination feels amused!

• 1. No new ores, so no silver. 2. Install the industrial improved pickaxe classfile. 3. No weapons. 4. Install buildcraft.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Yeah I didn't dream of automatic cable production.

I did it. With allocators/buildcraft.

Also my teleporter suggestion.

kthxbye

EDIT:
    Actually I had problems with the industrialimprovedpickaxe too, i installed it and it didn't fix the mining time.

• Buildcraft is a brilliant automation tool and works exceptionally well with IC.

I have already built a factory that produces solar panels from raw materials. The only processed materials I am using is glass and ingots (copper/refined iron/tin). Batteries, cables, machine blocks, furnaces, circuits and generators are all produced in the production line. The fact I have been able to do this is testament to Alblaka and SpaceToad btw, not my assembling skills!

Xaiier, I found the pipes in BC better suited for the Macerators than the Allocator as it suffered from populating the wrong slot when the ore slot was full. If you have had a similar issue, try using the pipes with an obsidian overflow pipe on top (SpaceToad has tutorial on his channel about it). It works very well and you don't have to be careful about overloading the system.

Just remember to place machines with the incoming pipe to your left as BC determines what slot to fill based on where the entry/exit pipes attach to the machine.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• If you notice my post in the main area of industrialcraft I designed an ore sorter that used redstone timing to work around that. It works beautifully once you work out the perfect timing.

Also, about that solar panel maker (I had plans for one but I got lazy), does it make the glass itself or do you have to supply it? I would like to see it, if possible.

• I remember that one, nice piece of work. The redstone timing must have been a pain.

Re the solar panel line, I didn't include glass or ingots as I have other lines producing those but they're easy enough to pipe in.

Attached some pics (excuse the layout, test rigs)

The ore factory takes Gold, Iron, Copper and Tin, splits them into lines and macerates them. Gold and Iron move to furnaces, copper and tin are split again, half to the craft bench in the forground to make bronze dust and half to furnaces. Everything then ends up in a trunk at the end.

Solar panel line looks messy but works well. Theres a couple of splits on the refined iron to account for the 1:4.5 ratio on machine blocks and circuits. Another loopback from the cable craft bench into the original trunk which them splits out to circuits and batteries.

Last pic is a real simple line for Carbon Plate from coal.