[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Iridium Mod v0.8 - Adds iridium ore to the world generation

• DevilDead: May I have permission to include this mod in my public modpack "The Dark Trilogy" on the Feed The Beast Launcher? A link to this post and your name will be credited with the modpack download if permission is granted.

Another thing, in your next update would it be possible to generate a config file to allow the option of disabling the ore gen from the mod? I am currently using 0.7 and was aware that it was not spawning the ore. I used CoFHCore to generate the ore on a very rare basis, approx 1 out of 4 chunks will contain 1 ore ranging from y level 5-65. If that is not an option I can just continue to use 0.7. Thanks for your time.

• Official Post

I'm waiting for xbony to either make Greg finish the Modloader 1.8 port, or just do it himself.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It has only been 8 days since DevilDead's last post, so I think it's a little premature to call the mod dead. I have been using v0.6, which does perform the worldgen, though perhaps a bit too much (since processing the iridium ore has been an easier source of diamond dust than mining for diamond ore), but you can also use v0.7 with a mod like CoFHCore or Custom Ore Generation.

• so v0.6 has worldgen? and it is ok?

Yes, the v0.6 worldgen works fine. In the changelog for v0.7 it says "Rewrite of a lot of things (this wil be the exact same thing for you)" which I presume meant it was refactored (though evidently imperfectly) and "Rarity of the Iridium Ore divided by 2", so v0.6 still generates 50 clusters per chunk instead of 25.

• Yes, the v0.6 worldgen works fine. In the changelog for v0.7 it says "Rewrite of a lot of things (this wil be the exact same thing for you)" which I presume meant it was refactored (though evidently imperfectly) and "Rarity of the Iridium Ore divided by 2", so v0.6 still generates 50 clusters per chunk instead of 25.

You are right, is this too much, I will change it to 15 for the update 0.8

so this mod is dead?

Since I am not I don't think...

• Official Post

*shock* I will be able to update past 0.6? :rolleyes:

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• *shock* I will be able to update past 0.6? :rolleyes:

Yes! The mod is now Up to Date with the 0.8, rarity has been changed to 15, tell me if it is good or not
    Next update (0.9) will be adding the config file but it will be long since I have to learn how to make it...

• DevilDead: May I have permission to include this mod in my public modpack "The Dark Trilogy" on the Feed The Beast Launcher? A link to this post and your name will be credited with the modpack download if permission is granted.

Sure you have the right to include my mod in your mod pack. I am sorry, it took some time to answer you... :/
    I will not answer this question since I will include a Permission thing to the principal thread.

• Here's an idea for you if you're still adding to this. Make it a kinda commonish ore in The End. If you're enough of a boss to kill the ender dragon, you deserve a few iridium.

• Here's an idea for you if you're still adding to this. Make it a kinda commonish ore in The End. If you're enough of a boss to kill the ender dragon, you deserve a few iridium.

That would be a great idea but I feel like the end is (when minecraft is modded) a little bit easy... I will add it to the end with a much higher spawn rate anyways because it is a great idea overhaul

• Official Post

Fountain pens.
    How is this not part of this mod already? Why isn't this in vanilla IC2?

Because it's IndustrialCraft not IndustrialWriting? :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

When you first heard that iridium is in IC² (or, for you I guess IC), did you think of something other than fountain pens?

Yes :P Pens in Minecraft don't make a whole lot of sense thinking about signs

I see this too much.