How to make the new ''Steel''(refinedIron) in the Blast Furnace?

• I know that IC2 experimental #527 added steel(refined iron). But how I can make it?I know that u need aircells, but what about the other slots and the heat?How they work?

• Official Post

It's quite simple.

The first image show you what goes where. Iron is turned into Refined Iron in a 1:1 ratio, and it takes 6 compressed air cells per operation. The slot next to where the compressed air cells go is where the empty cells end up, so can be pumped into a compressor, made back into compressed air cells and back into the blast furnace. The two slots on the bottom right are for the output - Refined Iron and Slag. The slots on the top right are for upgrades, the only useful ones to put there are ejector upgrades to output the empty cells and the refined iron.

The heat is an entire new energy system that Thunderdark added, and the second image shows you where the heat goes into (the square). In order to transfer heat, you must have a heat generator's square touching a heat acceptor's. There are many ways to generate heat:

• Solid Heat Generator - burn items to generate heat - 10 heat
    • Fluid Heat Generator - burn fluids * to generate heat - 8, 16 or 32 heat
    • Radioisotope Heat Generator - use RTG pellets to generate heat - 0 to 24 heat, 6 heat per RTG pellet
    • Electric Heat Generator - use EU to generate heat (2 EU = 1 heat) - 0 to 30 heat, 5 heat per coil
    • Liquid Heat Exchanger - Cool either lava or hot coolant to generate heat - 25 to 100 heat, extra 25 heat per vent

The blast furnace can take a maximum of 20 heat at once, so your best bet early game is an electric heat generator with 4 coils in (which needs 40 EU/t), or a liquid heat exchanger and lots of lava. Like loads of lava, the nether is the best way to keep the supply up.

* Fluids count as:

• Buildcraft Oil and Forestry Biomass - 8 Heat
    • Forestry's Ethanol - 16 Heat
    • Buildcraft Fuel - 32 Heat
    • Official Post

There's not much at all pretty much nothing on the heat mechanics, so your best bet is just to ask rather than go looking for information that doesn't exist :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Chocohead forget the best way to get lot of heat... Nuclear Reactor :D

• Official Post

Gee sure, if you want to do it like that.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I would of thought it counts under the heat exchanger :p
    Speaking of, Will the fluid exchanger thing always be a solid block, because I think it should at least be the shape of a thick HV cable (If possible) to distinguish it from the other blocks.

• Official Post

I would of thought it counts under the heat exchanger :p

It does.

Funny how people complain on Reddit, rather than asking here and getting a nice and valid response: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedth…changed_dramatically_and/

I see this too much.

• It does.

Funny how people complain on Reddit, rather than asking here and getting a nice and valid response: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedth…changed_dramatically_and/

They all seem to miss the fact that the blast furnace and heat system was implemented, what, three days ago?

Then again, it IS about time the official wiki got updated...

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Official Post

They all seem to miss the fact that the blast furnace and heat system was implemented, what, three days ago?

Why would that make them not ask here rather and complain instead? And although the blast furnace is new, the heat system's been in for weeks now

Then again, it IS about time the official wiki got updated...

It's a lost cause. Like Alblaka coming back

I see this too much.

• Wel then...let's make a new offcial wiki! With blackjack and hookers!

i will support...create a new or update Wiki with Info ...but for creating and populating i hava no time....log of dev work todo

• May I advice a forum topic be created by a DEV to explain changes and ideas ... IE

Whats steam and how to get it?

How does it mix with the current items?

The blast Furnace.. how/what is it..

Ideas of nuclear reactors and such.. giving ideas for designs for saftey and mass energy or the long term low power infinate ones?

General Idea for Enet upgrades and thoughts on what will work.

A overall Idea of how the DEVS expect the tech tree to progress and move to the top tiers.. ( overall on machines and services)

I have a question as well reguarding things like windmills and such.. and more info on a patch per patch process ( see wow patch notes for Warlords of Draenor.. lots of Why's and explinations)
    "balance Rotor Livetime: Wood 15m->60m, Iron 8h -> 24h, Carbon 1d-> 7d
    (detail)"
    is this planned as options to give more power? or required to power at all?

• I have a question as well reguarding things like windmills and such.. and more info on a patch per patch process ( see wow patch notes for Warlords of Draenor.. lots of Why's and explinations)

if you pay me as a Warlords of Draenor developer ;) ...now factual i have a RL working life 8-10h/day and work on IC2 in my free time for relaxing and fun... changelog write != fun ;)

• Official Post

"balance Rotor Livetime: Wood 15m->60m, Iron 8h -> 24h, Carbon 1d-> 7d
    (detail)"
    is this planned as options to give more power? or required to power at all?

They last longer, simple as that. How long does the steel one last BTW?

I see this too much.

• if you pay me as a Warlords of Draenor developer ;) ...now factual i have a RL working life 8-10h/day and work on IC2 in my free time for relaxing and fun... changelog write != fun ;)

They last longer, simple as that. How long does the steel one last BTW?

The rotor will be for windmills? or something nuclear? ( honestly i don't like the idea of it being windmills because that increases maint on something imho that should have low maint.. please give a config like compact windmills has to remove the requierment

if you pay me as a Warlords of Draenor developer ;)
    ...now factual i have a RL working life 8-10h/day and work on IC2 in
    my free time for relaxing and fun... changelog write != fun ;)

Its ok I know its fun and free time.. i just wish there was more.. explaining the ideas and such every so often.. what are the goals ( so that testing can be done? )

change is scary for people.. but explaining changes can turn people from angry and lashing out to giving ideas and accepting your design ideas.
    i just wish the changelog explained more about what you changed and why

• Official Post

The rotor will be for windmills? or something nuclear? ( honestly i don't like the idea of it being windmills because that increases maint on something imho that should have low maint.. please give a config like compact windmills has to remove the requierment

They're for the Kinetic Wind Generator. Nothing to do with nuclear, and nothing to do with normal windmills. There's far cooler generators now than even 1 month ago ;)

I see this too much.

• They're for the Kinetic Wind Generator. Nothing to do with nuclear, and nothing to do with normal windmills. There's far cooler generators now than even 1 month ago ;)

I await more knowlage to be given.. cooler generators require IMHO some info given... IE wiki or something basic in a readme.txt

• Official Post

Is the blast furnace a seperate block? I found the GUI texture for it but no block texture.