Science Error 404

• Official Post

536 is a little broken steam generator wise. You can heat the boiler to 200 C, while the water hadn't even reached 35. I managed to blow a boiler up at somewhere around 250 C, with the water at something like 36. Thunderdark, expain!

And for the record, about 450 heat seems to be the balance before the boiler heating outstrips the water's.

• Official Post

http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=1157 ...remove 1 windmill..... you have overlaping in Wind Mill space... drawback of 50% to wind

Is the windmill space square? I though having them in lines wouldn't affect them. Oops either way :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

fix in #537

Describe fixed, because I can still make the boiler temp double quadruple what the water it.

The GUI is so much better pushed up though :)

• Is the windmill space square? I though having them in lines wouldn't affect them. Oops either way :D

y + z(x) = radius * 2 and x(z) = radius * 3 :D a big cube

• Official Post

y + z(x) = radius * 2 and x(z) = radius * 3 :D a big cube

Does that mean that the cube is the same for all of the windmill types? Is it a cube or a cuboid, does the fact that the rotor blades get longer just affect the width and height, or the depth too?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Does that mean that the cube is the same for all of the windmill types? Is it a cube or a cuboid, does the fact that the rotor blades get longer just affect the width and height, or the depth too?

8|

y + z(x) = radius * 2 and x(z) = radius * 3

its a cuboid every rotor Typ have a diferent radius ... and effenct the depth too radius * 3

• Official Post

Holidays, brain not designed to do maths :P

I'll just not put them near each other.

I see this too much.

• I think, i have seen a value of 480 as the maximum heat transfer from boiler to water.

Great addition that we are able to heat the boiler with several Heat exchangers now, makes it a lot easier.

• First things first! How the hell does Steve manage to put 10 cubic meters of water into a cubic meter of boiler?
    Magic? Nano machines? Alien super advanced 4d space management?

I would propose another way: first, you can only put 750 L in the cube, and it would be heated up by this means:

Now, it is possible to have more surface to exchange heat, since there are more tubes passing through the water.
    This concept is based on the steam engines. Replace the hot water (or whatever) in the vertical red tubes by a hot mix of smoke, air and steam and you get the boiler of most steam locomotives.

• Official Post

How the hell does Steve manage to put 10 cubic meters of water into a cubic meter of boiler?

The same way he can crush 8 cubic metres of solid stone into 1 cubic metre of furnace with his bare hands.

I see this too much.

• Ok, but he can, for example cut some parts off, and...
    OK, I understand.

• Official Post

Such hype. Railcraft eat your heart out. ^^

I see this too much.

• By the way, in order to make the boiler become a multi-block device, wouldn't it be easier to have components such as pipes, which you'll make a hot fluid flow though and that you will immerse in the water you want to heat up? According to how much pipes you immersed and how much water you have to heat up, you can determine how much heat you'll need and how much time it will take.