E-net Questions

• Before I begin, let me say that I am very well aware that I don't have to use any sort of transformer and that there are currently no power limits on cables and machines. I'm doing this a) so that one day I don't have to tear out all my wiring and redo it (assuming the world lasts that long... meh), and b) as something of a personal challenge.

Anyway, I'm setting up a wall of machines for en masse crafting batches. One row of the machines contains a canning machine, extractor, macerator, compressor, electric furnace, and metal former, so should (assuming the current tooltips are still correct) consume a max of 23EU/t without overclocking anything. When I refer to a 32EU/t line from here on out, I am referring to a setup like this. When I refer to a 128EU/t line, I am referring to the output of a CESU.

I have some questions about how devices and transformers utilize energy on the E-net. First off, if a BatBox on the line were outputting at 32EU/t, how do machines utilize that? If the first one on the line is, say, a metal former in need of charging, does it take its 10EU/t and pass the remaining 22EU/t on down the line? If not, then how exactly does it work?

Second main question. How exactly do transformers work? Say I had four 32EU/t lines coming out of a LV-transformer, and said transformer is being fed by a 128EU/t line. If all four of the 32EU/t lines were requiring power, would the LV-transformer break the 128EU/t into 4 seperate 32EU/t units and send them on appropriately?

What about if there were four LV transformers (all being fed by a single 128EU/t line), each powering a separate 32EU/t line? Would the transformers only take 32EU/t from the 128EU/t line and put the remaining (96EU, then 64EU, then 32EU) back on the 128EU/t line?

Inquiring minds wish to know!

Thanks in advance to any who contribute.

• not sure about all your questions but

machine 1 gets all power
    machine 2 gets all leftover from machine one

and so on..

i presume transformers break up and first to request type deal like above but the transformer only outputs 32's

• That sounds logical. I hope someone can confirm the thing about the transformers.

• Actually power is being split according to the resistance of the path like real electricity, not just some sort of packet delivery.

Transformers are one-way with some internal buffer for the excess.

will it be a good use of transformers to moderate the voltages to avoid overloading a wire?

IE windmill farm makes 130 eu/tick transformer drops it down to 128 max ( I presume 4 windmills attached to transformer to avoid blowing up a wire) so the wire can be copper.
    1. will that work to prevent blow ups?
    2. how is energy loss handeled.. IE copper wire right now goes 4 before loosing energy.. does this change? ( IE does it loose energy on each wire part )

• Official Post

2. how is energy loss handeled.. IE copper wire right now goes 4 before loosing energy.. does this change? ( IE does it loose energy on each wire part )

From what I can tell/understand, it will lose some EU per cable. Meaning if the loss from copper hasn't changed, then every copper cable will lose 1/4 EU.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.