Gathering recipes and content

• Well, I am pretty new and it seems like a pain to go around gathering little bits of info from all around the forum so I though I would start a more central info hub. And maybe later this can help when updating the Wiki or something.
    If you mind that I use your content I can take it out. Though since I already read it and will put in similar info it will probably still be here in one way or other. So for now I will just put in where I got the info from.
    New Machine Recipes

Heat -Chocohead

Kinetics

• Official Post

Its back in right?

Yes

What is the new recipe for refined iron?

Link
    <- I did that an hour and a half ago.

Is there are recipe for the kinetic stuff? I saw a thread that is not too old that said that there was no recipe.

They all have recipes, the thread I think you are referring to helped (I think)

Rotors. Recipe?

Yes, they go in kinetic wind generator

Block cutting Blades.

Yes, they go in the Block Cutting Machine

Wind meter?

Measures the wind, in MCW - Minecraft Wind

Heat everything.

Heat everything is a very general topic. The Blast Furnace for example would go under this. The steam generator could come under this. Fermenting plant matter could come under this.

Oh, and my info about heat needs updating. Some of the values have changed.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• No I meant I want the recipe for these things. Though thanks for the help. I cant even figure out how to make the blast furnace. Yeah I meant heat as a general topic. The last version of IC2 I played is several months old so I am way behind. I am trying to experiment but its not going well. I suck at discovering recipes.

Actually does NEI give you the recipes? I never tried it before. I only know Craft Guide but that is not working at the moment.

• Official Post

This is the current situation heat generator wise:

The heat is an entire new energy system that Thunderdark added.
    In order to transfer heat, you must have a heat generator's square touching a heat acceptor's. There are many ways to generate heat:
    Solid Heat Generator - burn items to generate heat - 20 heat
    Fluid Heat Generator - burn fluids * to generate heat - 16, 32 or 64 heat
    Radioisotope Heat Generator - use RTG pellets to generate heat - 0 to 64 heat, heat doubles per RTG pellet
    Electric Heat Generator - use EU to generate heat (1 EU = 2 heat) - 0 to 100 heat, 10 heat per coil
    Liquid Heat Exchanger - Cool either lava or hot coolant to generate heat - 0 to 100 heat, extra 10 heat per heat conductor

* Fluids count as:
    Buildcraft Oil and Forestry Biomass - 16 Heat
    Forestry's Ethanol - 32 Heat
    IC2's Biogas and Buildcraft Fuel - 64 Heat

Actually does NEI give you the recipes? I never tried it before.

NEI gives all* the IC2 recipes, including refined iron in the blast furnace.

*Subject to terms and conditions. May not include coolant recipe

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead: I missed something ().

• Official Post

However once you go too high, the wind becomes a negative value.

It doesn't become negative, just very small. The best height is 161, the worst is 255.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It's not meant to. Must be a bug.

Double Macerator Rank FTW :thumbup:

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Thermal Centrifuge it into stone dust and coal dust. NEI tells you that :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Did you hover over the slag and press U?

I see this too much.