Not Enough Items vs crafting guide

• from what i can tell NEI seems to add alot of "CREATIVE" mode options that are available in survival..

Am i using it right or not understanding whats there?

It feels like the addon Too Much Items ? ( i am sure i am missing something)

I feel i see the addon Crafting Guide just shows how to make items.. nothing more..

I am sure i am missing something!

• Official Post

NEI can cheat things in if you want it to, but it does have a recipe mode which only shows you the recipes for things. NEI has much greater support mod wise, so you could see things like IC2's ore washing plant recipes, EnderIO's SAG mill recipes and thermal expansion's machine recipes. NEI is like craft guide, but better :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• NEI has 3 modes, cheat mode, utility mode and recipe mode.

In the version i am using i was able to switch modes, but it didn't make a difference. the behavior of NEI seemed to be only dependant on the game type(creative/survival). In recipe mode NEI should only show recipes. In cheat mode it gives you the items when you click on it.

There are also the keys U for use and R for recipe. With them you can look up recipes/uses in cheat mode, too

• NEI can cheat things in if you want it to, but it does have a recipe mode which only shows you the recipes for things. NEI has much greater support mod wise, so you could see things like IC2's ore washing plant recipes, EnderIO's SAG mill recipes and thermal expansion's machine recipes. NEI is like craft guide, but better :)

crafting guide does show ore washing.. what does it do better that makes it more valuable to a survival mode? ( IE it should recognize your in that mode and not allow spawning of items)

• I used Crafting Guide for better then wolves, since NEI uses forge.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• I use NEI because of it can show you a machine's GUI that can make you do it easy
    also I change the config to lock NEI mode so that's fine.

GregTech SHALL rule the world !