[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• It fixes the worldgen lag for me very nicely, however my framerate drops from constant 60fps to fluctating 50-55fps and it is clearly visible, that it got worse. With and without Optifine. Any solutions? Otherwise I will be very sad to remove this great mod :(

• Some visual glitches have been reported already, my JABBA barrels started to flicker with 1.8
    No biggy, FC is a godsent for me and our server, cheers Player, you da man!

• And another debug build for everyone with crashes or corruption-like issues. This should already take care of some non-standard texture handling by mods like jabba.

This one fixes my FPS issues, but it rejects my texturepack completely. It's not loading at all. I try to put it on the right side back, but it comes back to default texturepack everytime. When I remove FastCraft it is okay.

• Seems to work well on the server, but horrible FPS on my system. (5 fps range)
    This includes debug2.

Reverting to 1.6 brings back the missing fps.

FC_debug.txt

System info if needed.

• Good evening!

I updated from 1.6 to 1.8-debug2 this evening and immediately experienced sub 5fps 100% of the time. I was able to alleviate the issue by reverting back to 1.6

Attached is the fc_debug.txt

Edit: As a note, I am *not* running Optifine. I am using Forge version 10.13.0.1208 on MC1.7.10

• Official Post

Hmm it looks like your texture pack is massive with 394 512x textures. It just barely fits into a 16384*8192 atlas texture, 1 more 512x texture and it'd have to double. That's just for the block textures.
    FastCraft duplicates the texture atlas for double buffering which apparently exhausts your GPU memory, making the driver re-upload the texture every frame.

I'll add a config setting to control the duplication and probably some heuristics for the default behavior, it's obviously better to optimize for memory with very little GPU RAM or very high resolution textures.

Edit: LloydSev's case seems similar.

• Hmm it looks like your texture pack is massive with 394 512x textures. It just barely fits into a 16384*8192 atlas texture, 1 more 512x texture and it'd have to double. That's just for the block textures.
    FastCraft duplicates the texture atlas for double buffering which apparently exhausts your GPU memory, making the driver re-upload the texture every frame.

I'll add a config setting to control the duplication and probably some heuristics for the default behavior, it's obviously better to optimize for memory with very little GPU RAM or very high resolution textures.

Howdy,

I just wanted to respond back that I am running a nVidia GTX 650 with 2GB of RAM. My texture pack is 174MB unzipped.

• Official Post

The png files in your texture pack are very efficiently compressed, the textures on the GPU are not. Even if it'd fit all into the GPU memory it's still up to the driver how to allocate everything. You could try to run FastCraft 1.6 with a texture pack which has about twice as many large textures for both blocks and items. If this causes similar issues my theory could be verified.

• Hmm it looks like your texture pack is massive with 394 512x textures. It just barely fits into a 16384*8192 atlas texture, 1 more 512x texture and it'd have to double. That's just for the block textures.

The png files in your texture pack are very efficiently compressed, the textures on the GPU are not. Even if it'd fit all into the GPU memory it's still up to the driver how to allocate everything. You could try to run FastCraft 1.6 with a texture pack which has about twice as many large textures for both blocks and items. If this causes similar issues my theory could be verified.

I went ahead and replaced the erroneous 512x textures in my pack (just one mod's textures), with 64x textures and the issue resolved itself.

• Question: Will this let me run FTB Ultimate on my iPhone?

Regardless, this is just about the most gentlemanly thing I've seen someone do on the Internet all week! Thank you, good sir, for selflessly improving my Minecraft experience; I look forward to installing. Cheers! :)

Amateur dinosaur hunter and extreme weather enthusiast, whose interests include spoken mime, armchair parkour, tactical gaslighting (for fun or for pay), conspicuous ninjutsu and Schröedinger's pentameter—of which this sentence may or may not be an example.

• Having the same problem with Fastcraft 1.8 (and the debug releases) that other users are reporting. Crashlog here.
    I'd somehow missed the 1.7 update, and it's throwing basically the same error at me. Crashlog here .

Loads up fine on Fastcraft 1.6. I'm not using any resourcepacks or higher textures, other than those that come prepackaged within some mods.