[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• fpsPlus and optifine are mutually exclusive, they both have the option to change the math functions to a faster one, so if you have optifine you dont need fpsPlus

I could be wrong, but I think that (at least in my case), FpsPlus's fastmath gives better performance than Optifine's. With all 3 of them (along with the other 100 or so mods) I went from around 27 FPS to 60-100+ (depending on what I'm looking at).
    In any case, thanks for making me realise that it's not FastCraft but FpsPlus that was the cause.

• I could be wrong, but I think that (at least in my case), FpsPlus's fastmath gives better performance than Optifine's. With all 3 of them (along with the other 100 or so mods) I went from around 27 FPS to 60-100+ (depending on what I'm looking at).
    In any case, thanks for making me realise that it's not FastCraft but FpsPlus that was the cause.

The default version of fps+ should be using the same alternative math functions as optifine, are you using one of the alternative versions of fps+ perhaps?
    Another possibility is the enchanted item lag, but that should only be noticeably so if you have enchanted armour or a lot of enchanted items on your hotbar, and even then should only be a slight difference

• its not fastcraft, I have both the exact same version of mapwriter that you do, and fastcraft, yet no such issue, most likely one of your other mods has ASM that modifies code that mapwriter depends upon.

well I had absolutely no issues up until installing fastcraft I guess ill just uninstall mapwriter no big thanks for the info

(left issues right game/me)

:S:Mining Laser::cursing:

• Honestly, about the permissions, the problem of people not understanding the mod and slapping it in a modpack could be averted by a simple FUCK YOU to those who come here crying ;)

AND it would be hillarious

Hey now! I've been patient here. In fact, since I initially brought up the modpack/redistribution issue, you haven't seen any posts from me regarding that. I'm going to wait, but until I hear otherwise, I'll continue to let my other server be a mod repo for my solder install. As much as I get the no redistribution thing, it's kinda hard for me to tell users of the pack that they will have to download the pack from my solder PLUS go someplace else and download yet another mod. So unless I get the no-go from Player himself regarding it and since my mod repo isn't known to anyone but users of my pack AND most of them don't know how to access it without the launcher, I'll continue my activities regarding my personal Solder/Mod Repo setup. By no means am I attempting to circumvent the rules. Technically, I had asked the question after I had already set up my solder installation. So once again, until Player tells me otherwise, I'll keep using it and checking back for an answer.

EDIT: BTW, My original post is on Page 17 if i remember correctly.

• You are not allowed to redistribute FastCraft even privately unless you agree to the conditions.

Thank you Player for the new redistribution requirements, you've saved us quite a .gitignore headache :)

I'll be updating this with the details on the modpacks I plan on using it in.

• You are not allowed to redistribute FastCraft even privately unless you agree to the conditions.

Hey Player! Just saw the terms after seeing your post quoted above. I agree to all conditions. Give me a few moments to update the pack description and stuff and then everything will be kosher.

The pack has now been updated to reflect compliance with your terms for redistribution.
    EDIT: Link here: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/kennyland.538345/about ... I will also update the other packs that I haven't yet released to cite the same info before they release.

• Hey player,

I agree to the terms/conditions for redistributing Fastcraft in my modpacks (Flux Galaxy and Lite Galaxy). I will be adding them after I have updated the descriptions for each modpack.

• I'll agree to the permissions, however, I'm wondering if there is an easier way to remove a mod from a technic modpack if something goes wrong, for the technologically illiterate. Although I have had no issues running it in the pack when I've installed it for myself, but, I don't know if everyone knows how to remove a mod via deleting it from the mods folder. However, I will mention that in a disclaimer anyways.

Edit: Fastcraft has been added, here is some info on it in my pack:

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/tekhne.322875/about

• While testing FastCraft (1.19) and OptiFine (HD_B5) together in the same pack everything seems to work as expected. If I select a resource pack that is about 190M in size (over 18000 texture files) the RAM usage of the client goes through the roof:

- System has 8G of RAM
    - Client set to allocate 3G of RAM
    - Resource pack at ~190M containing 18K+ texture files
    - Without texture pack RAM usage is as expected (about 2.5G)
    - With texture pack, Task Manager still has the java process showing ~2.7G, but the Task Manager shows the available RAM drop to zero so basically 6G total. Client is so sluggish it is unusable.

Nothing ever crashes. I'm happy to provide any additional information I can.

• Official Post

Hmm I guess I could use a copy of your full instance directory (e.g. https://transfer.sh/ if you have sufficient upload bandwidth). Does the situation change after you restart the game with the same texture pack still enabled? Do you even get so far to join a game with the pack enabled? How's the memory use without FastCraft?

The memory difference between Java heap (F3 screen etc.) and what task manager shows is mostly Open GL data like textures, which could potentially also come from leaks in FastCraft. The poor performance is to be expected with no free memory.

• Using FastCraft 1.19 causes a crash on placing multi-block structures (namely Ars Magica 2 Obelisk, couldn't test with others because the world doesn't load anymore).

Crash report: http://pastebin.com/vjaMXEss

What I did: Placed down an Ars Magica Obelisk (which is a multi-block structure) on the ground. The game crashed instantly and every time the world is loaded. I have not tested it with other structures, but I am pretty sure it will be the same, as no part of the stack trace hints to Ars Magica doing anything wrong.

• Using FastCraft 1.19 causes a crash on placing multi-block structures (namely Ars Magica 2 Obelisk, couldn't test with others because the world doesn't load anymore).

Crash report: http://pastebin.com/vjaMXEss

What I did: Placed down an Ars Magica Obelisk (which is a multi-block structure) on the ground. The game crashed instantly and every time the world is loaded. I have not tested it with other structures, but I am pretty sure it will be the same, as no part of the stack trace hints to Ars Magica doing anything wrong.

some mods are using the structure generation code wrongly, not having properly updated their code when the structure-gen changed.
    fastcraft is not so much causing the error as exposing it due to its optimisations.

• Hmm I guess I could use a copy of your full instance directory (e.g. https://transfer.sh/ if you have sufficient upload bandwidth). Does the situation change after you restart the game with the same texture pack still enabled? Do you even get so far to join a game with the pack enabled? How's the memory use without FastCraft?

• Results seem the same with Anisotropic Filtering set to 16 or 0/Off and Mipmap set to 4
    • The situation does not change after restarting the game. Same behavior every time with FastCraft installed and the resource pack selected. The client seems fine until I go to a sub-menu (sometimes doesn't cause memory to spike) or attempt to connect to SMP server (always causes memory to spike):

Resource monitor with FastCraft enabled and texture pack selected and at main menu: (javaw.exe client process)

• Private: 2.8G
    • Working Set: 3.7G
    • Commit: 3.4G
    • Available: 1.8G

Resource monitor with FastCraft enabled and texture pack selected upon joining SMP server:

• Private: 3.6G
    • Working Set: 4.3G
    • Commit: 3.9G
    • Available: 0G (every tool I use shows the memory pegged and using swap, system exhibiting behavior of memory starvation)

Resource monitor with FastCraft disabled and texture pack selected at main menu:

• Private: 2.8G
    • Working Set: 3.1G
    • Commit: 3.5G
    • Available: 2G

Resource monitor with FastCraft disabled and texture pack selected upon joining SMP server:

• Private: 3.2G
    • Working Set: 3.6G
    • Commit: 3.8G
    • Available: 1.5G
  • Some mods are using the structure generation code wrongly, not having properly updated their code when the structure-gen changed.
    fastcraft is not so much causing the error as exposing it due to its optimisations.

I removed all mods, still the same crash during village generation. This is definitely a FastCraft issue.

Mode crash info (version without mods, just FastCraft):

• I removed all mods, still the same crash during village generation. This is definitely a FastCraft issue.

Mode crash info (version without mods, just FastCraft):

removing the mods once the chunk is corrupted doesnt help, you will need to use MCEdit or similar to delete the problem chunk in order to get rid of the issue.

PS: Good luck trying to find it btw, I had to delete the whole problem region cause I couldnt find the exact chunk causing the issue :(